What's next from Robert J Richardson?

Thread: What's next from Robert J Richardson?

What's next from Robert J Richardson?

With the recent release of the Supermarine Seafire Mk.47 by Rob Richardson, I was just curious as to what's next from one of the more incredible freeware sim developers? This isn't a request for a model, I'm just curious if there's something else really awesome coming down the proverbial pipe.

Something naval, that's for sure! (At least I think so!)

Cees

Could you imagine what a Rob Richardson Sea Vixen would be like ? I think I'm going to run out and right a letter to Santa asking for one...

Seriously, anything he decides to make is great. As I said in a post on the P3D forum, for somebody who's spent a ton of money on payware over the years, I fly his creations more than anything else. They never fail to please. I love his taste in aircraft!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkiester View Post
    Could you imagine what a Rob Richardson Sea Vixen would be like ? I think I'm going to run out and right a letter to Santa asking for one...

Seriously, anything he decides to make is great. As I said in a post on the P3D forum, for somebody who's spent a ton of money on payware over the years, I fly his creations more than anything else. They never fail to please. I love his taste in aircraft!

Mark
    I think I read a while back Rob was contemplating a TSR2..An itch of mine that needs scratching. (In the meantime he released the Leopard private jet prototype piloted by what looks like Judy Dench.) Now that the Vulcan is out I'm looking forward to the Caravelle. I know it's not Rob's or freeware, but looking forward to it none the less. It seems like the guys (also not Rob, sorry) who brought us the Tu-134, Tu-154 and Il-76 have been working on an Il-62 as well. Wouldn't mind that myself either!

As I recall there were WIP images of a twin seat vampire/Venom NF at one stage but that was a while ago. Whilst we're pondering what we'd like to see from Rob in the future (I'm just pondering to be clear, "be grateful for what your given" as my mother used to say. ) I would like to see some earlier marks of Shackleton to complement Robs already fantastic MR.3 which has been getting alot of flight time lately. Or perhaps a Native Hastings would be welcome plenty of sub varients for Rob to sink his teeth into t5, met.1 I must say Rob has yet to produce an Aircraft that I don't like or absolutely adore. Ive just discovered the Beagle pup and fell for it which is unusual for a non military type. Its one of the few ac In my hanger that doesn't have roundels....

Last I heard the TSR-2 was on hold, and I saw a post from Rob where he was working on a P-80 Shooting Star, but priorities change so I don't know what's on the top of his list now.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Actually now I think about it a miles master would be quite a fitting addition to Robs Stable. Ted Cook did a few for fs9 but I've seen none for Fsx.

Rob could build a 'Follow Me' airport vehicle and I'd be over the moon. He is such a talented developer who only wants to freely share the fruits of his labor with us. The man is a star!

Brian

If said before, I am very fond of his Beagle Basset I just wish he would address the VC to current standards.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Peter Watkins thinks a Mk 46 would be a good idea, camo possibilities.
    I agree, I am doing a quick "cut n shut" at the moment.
    The Basset was built using the old FSDS program so there is no way for me to re-visit that one.
    There are so many interesting aircraft, I like the noisy smoky heavy stuff, preferably with round gauges and a hook.

RobR

A Sea Vixen would be great, or maybe a Javelin.

Sky Sim Sea Vixen is a big no go in P3D 64 bit so that would fill a big noisy, heavy, smoky hole!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Wow! Give the man a break. Whatever he does in the future will be great no matter what the subject. If he wanted to find out what we want, he would have requests from all over the place, just look at this thread!!

i look forward to whatever he brings and a i give a huge thank you for what you have given us for free.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Wow! Give the man a break. Whatever he does in the future will be great no matter what the subject. If he wanted to find out what we want, he would have requests from all over the place, just look at this thread!!

i look forward to whatever he brings and a i give a huge thank you for what you have given us for free.
    I agree.

Sure, I’ve a couple items on my bucket list, like we all have. I’m just thrilled when one of those happens to be on Rob’s roadmap. He does great work, at a quality and a cadence, that in light of current technical complexity levels, is nothing short of remarkable.

Thanks Rob - great work.

Whatever Rob decides to do next, it will definitely end up in my hanger.

Whatever Rob decides to do next, it will definitely end up in my hanger.
    Absolutely !
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 0