How do I post to the library? Virtavia B-29 "Doc" repaint

Thread: How do I post to the library? Virtavia B-29 "Doc" repaint

How do I post to the library? Virtavia B-29 "Doc" repaint

I have the Virtavia B-29 "Doc" repaint and I wanted to upload it to this library. Allan W is the creator and I will give him credit. Earlier today I was reinstalling the B-29 because I had to reinstall FSX. I thought I had forgot to backup my aircraft and so I was looking for the Doc repaint. All the links online are broken so I thought I was SOL. Turns out I did backup my aircraft and now I have the Doc repaint. I wanted to upload it to this library so others could enjoy it. I included the repaint in the title so others could find this thread if they are looking for it.

Copyright means simplistically....'right to copy'....which is to say that only a skin's author has the right to distribute his work.
    Uploading to a website is 'distribution' and is thus not doable by anyone other than the author.....unless there's documented consent from him to do so...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Copyright means simplistically....'right to copy'....which is to say that only a skin's author has the right to distribute his work.
    Uploading to a website is 'distribution' and is thus not doable by anyone other than the author.....unless there's documented consent from him to do so...

Ok. Dang, I just wanted to help some people out hopefully.

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by RacingBoss2224 View Post
    Ok. Dang, I just wanted to help some people out hopefully.
    You can reach him at the A2A forum, he is currently active there (user: EightyFiftyFive)

Marcel

Quote Originally Posted by mgr View Post
    Hi,

You can reach him at the A2A forum, he is currently active there (user: EightyFiftyFive)

Marcel

Thank you. I just did that and we'll see what he says.

Thank you. I just did that and we'll see what he says.

Heard from a friend that I think he sent you the DOC repaint files to your PM over at A2A.

OK, Here it is! He has an updated link now. http://www.mediafire.com/file/3q1jpb...e.DOC.rar/file

I'm waiting to confirm, but it sounds like he is giving me permission to upload it to this library. Once I get the confirmation I'll want some help on figuring out how to do that.

OK, It's now been uploaded to the SOH library under FSX Skins and FSX Skins WWII! The title is Virtavia B-29 Superfortress Doc Repaint

OK, It's now been uploaded to the SOH library under FSX Skins and FSX Skins WWII! The title is Virtavia B-29 Superfortress Doc Repaint
    WOW! Looks fantastic. I heard someone was doing a DOC repaint for a while but was never able to find it! Thanks! I really like the fact that the louvered panels over the exhaust stacks was painted it a way to simulate them being removed. I have seen photos of B-29s flying with them on and off (DOC as flown both ways as well) but none of the repaints I have ever show them missing. Nice touch! It really does look fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    WOW! Looks fantastic. I heard someone was doing a DOC repaint for a while but was never able to find it! Thanks! I really like the fact that the louvered panels over the exhaust stacks was painted it a way to simulate them being removed. I have seen photos of B-29s flying with them on and off (DOC as flown both ways as well) but none of the repaints I have ever show them missing. Nice touch! It really does look fantastic!

He did this a few years ago, but the links to it broke. I was talking to him on another forum and he said his computer crashed and he lost some of his repaints. He just finished redoing this one and gave me permission to post it here so it does not get lost again. Glad you enjoy it! It is a work of art.

Members who have read this thread: 0