Google Chrome-Java Runtime_AICarriers

Thread: Google Chrome-Java Runtime_AICarriers

Google Chrome-Java Runtime_AICarriers

I have been installing software a little at a time on my "newer" laptop since the other one crashed a month ago. I downloaded the RFN Gauges and installed them into Dino's C2 and E2 with no problems. Then with anticipation of again flying with my friend Navy Chief I downloaded the latest Javier's Nimitz Package and AICarriers. Guess what I found out this morning?

AiCarriers operates on Java runtime, that's ok I had Java before on the other laptop, no problem. When installing aicarriers it says I don't have the right version of Java Runtime installed would you like it? SURE! Oooops, Google Chrome no longer supports NPAPI technology that Java Runtime uses so if I use Google Chrome as my internet, I can't run Java and hence can't use AICarriers.

What are you guys here that use AICarriers doing?

Get rid of the old Java version and use the newer .NET release:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...?topic=11293.0

Henk.

Mozilla Firefox

Thank you for your immediate reply. I remembered that I used to use Firefox. According to independent research on the top 10 browsers, Firefox nosed out Chrome so I just uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled Firefox. Now I'm going to go and try to install Java Runtime again and AICarriers. Will post a reply here in a few moments.

Firefox too

OK I just downloaded your version of AI Carriers that uses Microsoft.Net, thank you. I wonder how the future of our older software is going to fare with Chrome and Firefox and who knows what others in their upgrade to 64bit and no NPAPI support is going to affect us. I am removing Java and the other AICarriers and installing your upgrade thank you.

Tough Fight

I am not a programmer...sometimes I can follow instructions but most of the time I just get it wrong. I remember after I saw my error all the "fun" I had programming xml gauges and all the help I had to have from over at FSDevelopers with them. The simple thing like "no space between Program Files(86)" like it should be "Program Files (86)" kept it from working. Thank you Lord for taking my eyes to the error. YAY!!! It WORKS!!!!!

Thank you Orion Lyau for modifying this to work with .Net which is a real blessing. The big guys don't take into account all the little guys work they are going to undo when they make changes with such ripple effects. Anyway, I'll be able to use ai ships now. See ya all at Marshall.

Blog Entries
    Hi guys,

Oddly enough, I've been running the old Java version for years and never had any issues. Except recently, my SWS ships haven't been behaving (missing meatball, unable to engage cats, etc.). So I decided to switch to the new .net version.

Found some issues I didn't have before.

1) even though I added the path as per the instructions, the utility doesn't come up automatically under my addon menu. If I launch it after FSX loads, it'll be there. Not a biggie, but since over 50% of flying is carrier flying, it's a bit annoying to have to launch. Here's the contents of the exe.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<SimBase.Document version="1,0" Type="Launch">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

-<Launch.Addon>

<Name>AICarriers</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>C:\Users\my name\Desktop\Simulator\AICARRIERS</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

That file being located here: C:\Users\my name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

2) a number of my planes now won't be "held back" properly on the cat. Once throttled, even if less than full mil, they'll disengage and start to roll. I've not done a full inventory of which on which boats - but it occurs most commonly on my British Flying Station Vics and with Flying Stations Buccs S1 and S2, Rob Richardson's Sea Hawk and recent Spitfire.

On the Javier Fernandez Nimitz, a sampling of my US birds (Razbam T-2, Dino T-45, FSXBA F-18) are all fine.

Any ideas on what's going on?

thx,

dl

Isn't some ".exe" extension missing from your <PATH> line for AICarriers ?
    Here is how this line looks like in my EXE.xml:
    <Path>C:\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe</Path>

My AICarriers is located in the folder C:\AICarriers\.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Isn't some ".exe" extension missing from your <PATH> line for AICarriers ?
    Here is how this line looks like in my EXE.xml:
    <Path>C:\AICarriers\AICarriers.exe</Path>

My AICarriers is located in the folder C:\AICarriers\.
    Thanks Daube,

Good catch. I think I mistyped my path, that would explain why it only runs when I manually launch it. As to location, you raise an interesting point. I previously stored my old Java version of AIC in exactly the location you state. This version, since it said I could install it any location of my choice, I put it a handier location, thinking it didn't matter.

Tonight, I'll uninstall, relocate to the original root of C like the old Java version was. That should sort out the auto-run issue. Not sure if it'll sort out the other issues, but I'll start with that.

dl

I use both versions of AiCarriers, and they work exactly the same.
    Except one thing (which is why I keep the Java version installed too): the .Net version can only be spawned once, whereas the Java version allows multiple instances to be started.

So what I do:
    - Start the .Net version via the exe.xml.
    - If a need a second (or more) instance, manually start the Java version via the desktop.

Rob

On My Machine

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    I use both versions of AiCarriers, and they work exactly the same.
    Except one thing (which is why I keep the Java version installed too): the .Net version can only be spawned once, whereas the Java version allows multiple instances to be started.

So what I do:
    - Start the .Net version via the exe.xml.
    - If a need a second (or more) instance, manually start the Java version via the desktop.

Rob
    On my machine it refuses to operate so I will be content with the .net version and work around its limitations and be truly thankful for it

Members who have read this thread: 0