Question: Milton's D18S

Thread: Question: Milton's D18S

Question: Milton's D18S

Could be the season, could just be a wish for seasonal weather, but I've got this urge at the moment to go snow flying.

Was there ever an FSX native version of Milton' D18S on skis?

If not, was there ever an FSX fix (by anyone) that made the prop disk less opaque?

I've already tried all the texture, alpha and format variations possible with an FS9 portover, but nothing seems to improve the appearance of the prop disc.

Gary.

EDIT: "If at first you don't succeed..." Sorted. Tried some texture edits beyond what I had already tried and finally came up with something I'm happy with:

Difficult to show in screen shots, but actually looks pretty good in sim. Now, if only we had some shininess...

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenCap_02.jpg   ScreenCap_03.jpg  
    Last edited by aardvark62; December 9th, 2018 at 10:15.

Gary,

The ski version was not converted to FSX native.

Wouldn't be a big deal to do, maybe two days work, about 16-20 hours I suspect.

I'll look at it, but still have the X-3, Lodestar, and Fleet 50K on my desk at the moment.

BTW, I had the Fleet 50K skis in the mountain snow at Stewart, BC flying north of the airport.
    There are also plenty of places to enjoy also near Hope, AK just NE of the airport.
    I use the DH-80A on skis there a lot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-dec-10-001.jpg   ms-2018-dec-11-015.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Thanks for getting back Milton. Absolutely no pressure! ...but if you do find the time I for one would be very grateful.

In the meantime the portover seems fine - obviously no VC interaction or paint shine, but I can live with that

But here's hoping...

Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    Thanks for getting back Milton. Absolutely no pressure! ...but if you do find the time I for one would be very grateful.

In the meantime the portover seems fine - obviously no VC interaction or paint shine, but I can live with that

But here's hoping...

Gary.
    Gary,

The original was a passenger variant. Would this be better as a cargo version?

EDIT: Ignore question. I will do a cargo and passenger version. Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Oh My!! Looks like it's going to be winter in my sim for quite some time!

I'll be looking forward to this Milton.

Many thanks, Gary.

D18S Ski Version Uploaded, both Cargo and Passenger versions. All original livery textures are compatible.

Bump and spec maps place holders included.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...24980&catid=34
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-dec-14-004.jpg   ms-2018-dec-14-005.jpg   ms-2018-dec-14-008.jpg   ms-2018-dec-14-009.jpg   ms-2018-dec-14-010.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Crikey! - that was quick! Thank you so much Milton.

Downloading now. I have a feeling chores are not going to get done today.

Gary

In it's element (and I'm in mine!):

Thanks again Milton,

Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenCap_01.jpg   ScreenCap_02.jpg  

You are welcome Sir; enjoy.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0