aircraft factory Corsair - issues

Thread: aircraft factory Corsair - issues

aircraft factory Corsair - issues

2 issues with the AF Corsair

a) can't select rockets with the secret switch in the lower right part of the VC
    b) can't get the tanks to drop using the switch on the left side of the firewall in the VC
    c) my F4U-1A defaults to belly drop tank loaded at start of a flight, not sure if that is correct

Very little help to be found on their forums. Don't see any type of patch, but have seen one thread attempting to help getting the rockets to show, and to get the tanks to drop. There was a thread about modifying the code.xml within the panel folder, but any mod I ever did accomplished zero. I've set outboard drop tanks to zero fuel but still will not drop.

I hope that I'm just doing something wrong and somebody can point out the correct sequence in order to get rockets showing when appropriate, and especially to get the tanks to drop when dry.

I have these folders installed:
    F4U-1A - 1C - 1D
    F4U share
    F4u share extra

thanks in advance

I don't have it installed at the moment, but from memory the belly tank appears as default but can be removed by dropping it, and the rockets don't show for all variants, but only the appropriate one. I think.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Hi,

I had the same problem, but can't remember exactly what I did to fix it, other than I edited the panel.cfg.

As a suggestion, check your [Vcockpit01] section in the panel.cfg and ensure that the line that contains gauge00=af_f4u!code, 1,1,1,1 is pointing to the correct location where the gauge is located. I suspect that's what I did... Make sure you create a copy of the original panel.cfg before to edit anything!

Sorry I can't be more specific, but it was a very long time ago I had the problem...

Mark

I uninstalled this Corsair a long time ago, so I don't remember all of its nuances and quirks. I do know that, at least in real life, the F4U-1A did not have HVAR's, only a center line hard point for a drop tank. The center line hard point was also used to mount a bomb rack capable of carrying a 1000 pound bomb.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Did you do any panel modifications? I did, and then the gun sight would not come on. When I put the original panel back in, the gun sight came back. Haven't checked on those other switches though.

EDIT: Just checked the drop tank release, and that only works with the original panel too. Not sure what in the panel is causing this.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Ok I figured out what I broke. Like Bunkiester, In the panel.cfg, I was missing the "code" gauge. Not sure why I deleted that, but it brought back my tank release and gun sight.

[Vcockpit00]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=256,256
    visible=1
    pixel_size=256,256
    texture=$panel
    gauge00=af_f4u!code, 1,1,1,1
    gauge01=af_f4u!lamp stall, 1,1,90,90
    gauge02=af_f4u!lamp water, 92,1,90,90
    gauge03=af_f4u!lamp cat, 1,92,90,90
    gauge04=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_foldwing, 1,1,1,1 //shockwave light
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

thanks

Hello friends,

It's also been quite awhile for me to use this product, kind of getting old in the tooth, still......great for the terrific Solomon's WW2 scenery. I suppose I should up-tick to a newer Corsair.

Now all we need is A.I. traffic for it (Solomons).

The f4u code was missing from my configuration, so that was the problem, all seems to be good now after a short test.

gauge00=af_f4u!code, 1,1,1,1

Many thanks to all responders.

Members who have read this thread: 0