AH C-46 Tail wheel steering.

Thread: AH C-46 Tail wheel steering.

AH C-46 Tail wheel steering.

Hello Chaps,

Would anyone here know where in the .cfg file I can change the tail wheel steering so I can taxi this aircraft please?

I know its suppose to steer via diff braking but I do not have that set up on my controls. It is just so much easier for me to steer via rudder,jJust like Jans C-47.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Hi Tim, the C46 has a castoring tailwheel. All you can change in the CFG is the steering angle. The aircraft does steer with rudder anyway. Also for more immediate turns, use throttle for the engine on the outside of the turn. What set up do you have? If you are using rudder, then usually, applying brake will automatically switch to differential braking.

Hello Bazzar,

I wish to eliminate the the whole "braking to turn" scenario all together. I wish to turn the aircraft with rudder inputs only.

As I stated before with Jans C-47 -after .cfg file tweak- one can turn the aircraft with out the use of "differential Braking" and/or throttle inputs.

As for my set up I have the CH Eclipse Yoke -single throttle leaver which works both throttles- and no FSUIPC installed. I feel, I need not install FSUICP for I have bugger all aircraft to require such add-on.

Cheers,
    Tim.

All good. I have nutted it out!!

I now have tail steering without the need of extra help from throttle and or diff braking.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Members who have read this thread: 0