Classics hangar FW190 A-6 Gerhard Homuth

Thread: Classics hangar FW190 A-6 Gerhard Homuth

Classics hangar FW190 A-6 Gerhard Homuth

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Military skins - WWII

Description: This file contains alternative textures for the payware Classics Hangar FW190A-6 which can be found in the late veriants package. To use these textures you should have a legal version from this package. The textures depict the FW190A-6 flown by Gruppenkommandeur Major Gerhard Homuth of I./JG54, August 1943. Historical tail marking are included. As I was not able to find any pictures of the real aircraft, this livery should be regarded a "best guess".

On 29 July 1943 the JG27 veteran Gerhard Homuth was appointed as "Gruppenkommandeur" of I./JG53 based at the Eastern front. On 2 August 1943, on one of his first combat missions, Homuth was engaged in a 20 minute dogfight with Russian fighters. He finally managed to shoot down an Airacobra fighter but failed to return from the mission in Fw 190 A-6 (W.Nr. 550 436) “<< +”. He has remained missing ever since. Gerhard Homuth was credited with 63 victories in approximately 450 missions. He recorded two victories over the Eastern front. For further reading: http://www.luftwaffe.cz/homuth.html

This repaint is based on the excellent paintkit by Alessandro Biaggi, which is included in the Classics Hangar FW190A late variants package.

I hope you enjoy flying this repaint as much I did making it,

Huub Vink
    December 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Classics hangar FW190 A-6 Gerhard Homuth
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Thanks again Huub! Much appreciated.
    Matt

Members who have read this thread: 1