Alabeo Airplanes - Fuel Flow Gauge

Thread: Alabeo Airplanes - Fuel Flow Gauge

Alabeo Airplanes - Fuel Flow Gauge

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a suitable replacement for the digital Fuel Flow gauge in Alabeo’s 172RG Cutlass and others.

It’s a 2D bitmap gauge that is non-functional in P3Dv4.

Alabeo has acknowledged that the gauge doesn’t work, but had also recently said that they are not going to spend the time to fix it.

The DME portion of the radio stack also doesn’t work but swapping that with the one from the Beech D18 works perfectly (and looks the same).

I believe this impacts other aircraft that use the same gauge such as their Waco and I believe the Staggerwing too.

Thumbs up Alabeo/Carenado customer disregard

Hi,

Shame on Carenado/Alabeo behaviour. Their GEMxx.XML gauge works flawlessly in the Bonanza (included with P3D, but with less fonctionnalies).
    The one on AC500S (for two engines) also !
    And they surely have a similar working version in another of their numerous single-engined models.

Just after installing the 500s Shrike i took a look at the ContentErrors.txt as usual. I got 64 errors !
    I know that WE (users) are not supposed to look at it, that it is reserved to developpers (which are supposed to use and check it before distributing their products) !!!

64 [error.xx] = new record !

- missing gauge image files
    --- some really missing (wrong name),
    --- a lot of other with a fake name in the XML (in order to not display, instead of commenting or deleting the <image> tag. Work of lazy people !!)

Code:
            <Image id="Gauge_FF_DIG" Name="Gauge_FF_DIGINOP">
                <Transparent>True</Transparent>
            </Image>
    The image in the cab file is "Gauge_FF_DIG.bmp" used only in the old 2D panel version !

- GPS_530 : lot of errors originating from the genuine FSX (FS9 ?) GPS gauge !

- A lot of typos (missing L before a local variable name, missing macro definition, double macro definition - never used in the gauge !!!)

- Copyright info in the sound.cfg file not correctly put in comments.

I was able to fix all of them in two hours of Notepad++.

The same type of errors where also in the Beech D18S (published latter and all fixed by me as well).

A lot of developpers claim that it as no impact, BUT 64 errors messages, some regularly repeated MUST have an impact.

Alabeo/Carenado don't even consider their customers, just their money !
    And don't try to get support - you know the - cut and paste - answers

A very angry customer

Quote Originally Posted by gaab View Post
    Hi,

Shame on Carenado/Alabeo behaviour. Their GEMxx.XML gauge works flawlessly in the Bonanza (included with P3D, but with less fonctionnalies).
    Just as an aside, Lockheed has dropped the Bonanza A36 in P3Dv4.4. If you like the Bonanza you might want to pull it to the side before if doing a total update in case it goes bye-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Just as an aside, Lockheed has dropped the Bonanza A36 in P3Dv4.4. If you like the Bonanza you might want to pull it to the side before if doing a total update in case it goes bye-bye.
    Thanks for the advice

I am a little bit "paranoid" : I always do backups before ANY update (and also on a regular basis).

I worked in IT industry and learned very early the hard way that "if it (any failure you can think about) can happen, it will happen".

Gérard

Members who have read this thread: 2