New FS Site "Scam & Plagerise warning"

Thread: New FS Site "Scam & Plagerise warning"

Exclamation New FS Site "Scam & Plagerise warning"

Devs and guys, heads up a new site has just appeared in the past few weeks selling FS2004 and FSX freeware as bundles

There's a few frequent Devs here where their work is being sold that might be of interest to you

If you read the bundles and look at the images its is very clear they are making money of others work

https://fs-addons.com/

please dont be a sucker and pay these guys a cent for others hard work

Disgusting that someone thinks that its okay to do this.

Thanks for the heads up on that dishonest web page jeansy. Despicable is not the word I am thinking of for those lowlife creeps. I hope the site crashes before they steal a single penny...

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​And looking at the address it appears to have been deliberately designed to fool people into believing that it is Francois Dumas's site.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    ​And looking at the address it appears to have been deliberately designed to fool people into believing that it is Francois Dumas's site.
    Yea, I noticed that too Pat. My first thought was. . ."This is Francois Site. . .should be fine".
    Obviously not the case once you get in and look around. I noticed they never gave the names of the developers who "contributed" their models for those "Bundles".
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Curiously they quote prices in A$ and Sterling.
    Dipsticks.
    Good catch Matt!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

SOH-CM-2023
    Whilst here in France its in Euros!
    Keith

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Good chance this site will give you nothing in return for your credit card information, just a lot of trouble...

I've seen this happen recently with other items as well.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Bargepoles and bodyswerves

I see Tim Conrad's T-28 in there, in FSX conversion. It also seems they may be based in the UK, since delivery outside UK has extra postage for the CD-in-a-bag delivery style.

Let's see, do I want to pay and wait (and hope!) for a CD in the post, or download a legitimate (free) FSX conversion from a legitimate site? Great business model, you thieving morons.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Here's what I've put on the Flight Replicas Facebook page. Feel free to cut and paste this anywhere you like.

>

A warning that there is a scam FS addon site presently up and running: https://fs-addons.com/ .

Purchasers will be giving their credit card and other financial and personal information to thieves.

Needless to say, all aircraft depicted on this site, assuming they actually have them, are stolen.

Please spread the word,.
    Last edited by mike_cyul; December 8th, 2018 at 08:45.

They've since removed the review section from their Facebook page.... Maybe they're noticing that we're on to them.

Thanks Matt for bringing that site to our attention. Hopefully the plug will be pulled on it one way or another.

Manfred's C-47 is also in the Propliners & Propellers pack. Scam for sure.

DOUGLAS C-47 SKYTRAIN EXTERIOR BASE PACK
    Douglas C-47 Skytrain Exterior Base Pack 1.0. Two original C47 Skytrain exterior models using the flight dynamics and VC of the default FSX DC-3.

Milton's D18S in the Historic & Vintage pack...

BEECHCRAFT D18S
    Beechcraft D18S "Touch O' Texas", registration N412K. This is an FSX adoptation of the FS2004 D18S passenger plane by Milton Shupe, presented in the livery of "Touch O' Texas" Twin Beech with registration N412K, which is now a part of the Flight of the Phoenix Aviation Museum, Inc. and serves as essential business transportation for Dean Lumber Company.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Their website has closed down or been pulled

however they still have their face book page

https://www.facebook.com/fsaddons/

I sent them a message questioning their use of many of the models I recognized, but that they failed to list those developers who gave their permission for the aircraft to be sold. . .considering they're all freeware aircraft.

I haven't received a reply, lol, lol
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Just looked at the page it´s a Spotify and there´s a note
    Sorry, this shop is currently unavailable.

hope it´s true and they´re out of "business...

It says "currently" -- implying that they'll probably be back shortly.
    It's not a "404", after all.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade408 View Post
    They've since removed the review section from their Facebook page.... Maybe they're noticing that we're on to them.
    Well, if anyone's daring enough to still have a Facebook account, on that service with so many years of privacy and security issues, run by the guy who says that people who trust him are "dumb f___s," they might notify Facebook that this account is a scam run by scammers. Of course we know that Facebook doesn't care about such things, but maybe now, in the face of so much recent public scrutiny, they might close that account. Probably not, but maybe...

Members who have read this thread: 0