Seafire Released! (see post #13) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seafire Released! (see post #13)

Just been having a bit of fun with my Reno Racer! I do not intend to release this unless anyone asks for it.

Peter W

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post
    Just been having a bit of fun with my Reno Racer! I do not intend to release this unless anyone asks for it.

Peter W
    well I’m interested, looks great!
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

How big is the texture file? Nice paint!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

One can never have too many Spitfires or Seafires in their hangar. And this one looks like it'll be on the front row.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by peterwatkins2 View Post

Peter W
    One word.

INSANE!!

Bit like Brexit really.....

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    How big is the texture file? Nice paint!
    Hi there. The texture file is 31MB. Most of my texture files are about 30MB. The issue is that the main texture file size is 4096 x 4096 and I always save as DXT5 otherwise the file size shoots up to 80MB plus. The only other way is to reduce the texture size(and quality!) to 2048 x 2048! Hopefully you can get hold of the program "Orenador texture converter".

Peter W

Blog Entries

Strange "error" sound on arrested carrier landing

Hello,

First, a big thanks to PW for a fantastic bunch of paints. The RCN one is just delightful, and likely the one that gets the most flying time, with VP441 close behind.

A small question. Every time I land the Seafire on any carrier, whether a correct period Laz's HMS Ocean, or more modern Flying Station Vics, I get a single-tone "ding" sound, the default MS windows "error" / "warning" sound.

I've tried different sound sets (I was using the RealAir Spit pack), even tried it silent ("Q") and it still does it. I've never seen any plane do this before.

Any ideas?

thx,

That sound comes with the RFN gauge, I assume you have that installed.

Hello Rob

-a big thank you for this beautiful Seafire!
    One question though: Is there a way to permanently remove the rockets and their supports? I do not like these weapons!
    Thank you

Alain
    -

Hello Alain,
    Just edit out or remove these highlighted sections in the aircraft cfg.file
    There are in fact two visible rockets for each entry making up the eight rockets visible in sim.

RobR

hello Rob,

Thank you for your reply!
    However I had already tried this deletion in the aircraft file, but there is still the rocket supports as soon as the lights start!
    Is it possible to make them disappear?

Thanks for your help

Alain
    -

Alain, you will just have to use the switches on the panel, for now, to control visibility of rockets and tanks.
    I'll change that when I next update the aircraft.

hello Rob,

Thank you for your reply!
    Yes, I am also using switches!
    But for me, these rockets denature the beauty of the plane!
    I will wait with pleasure your update!
    Thank you for that!

Alain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robcarrich View Post
    That sound comes with the RFN gauge, I assume you have that installed.
    Thanks Rob - I forgot about the RFN gauge. When I began my latest reinstall of FSX and its attendant tools, I had issues with the RFN gauge and never finished implementing it in the various suitable aircraft. You "preinstalled it", which was awesome. For now, I'm disabling RFN until I get it sorted, so I just removed those sections from the panel.cfg, and now things are sorted for my setup. I'll add those sections back when I get RFN sorted.

BTW, I'm glad you did the weapons/tank options. Simple switches to toggle them, doesn't get much easier than that, so nothing to complain about from me on that score. Tanks are always on, and whenever I want an armed setup, I have that option, with the ability to return to the boat having "expended" the ordnance at the flick of another switch. Works for me!

Last question - I'm not going any contrails - I've tried a few different MET conditions, no contrails - maybe I'm not in the right conditions?

Nevertheless, I'm happy as a clam with a proper carrierborne bubble-canopy, FR.47. Will likely fly it for longer than the real ones did ... lol.

thanks,

dl

Couldn't resist doing this one...

Cees

Cees, did you actually find a font for that unique "KON. MARINE" lettering, or did you put something together yourself?

Jerry,

I put something together myself. Most distinctive are the M and the N. It worked out allright I think.

Cees

Looks good, Cees. You should upload that repaint.

Big Thank You

I just want to say a big thank you to Rob Richardson for all of the work he puts in producing such wonderful planes and his tremendous generosity in sharing them.
    I haven't tried the Seafire yet but have virtually everything else that Rob has produced and they are all great quality and entertainment.
    Rob, you should be really proud of what you have produced. I hugely appreciate your products and I know that many others do too.

THANK YOU.

Ray McDonnell

I now get to join the ranks as a Seafire flyer. I think I enough!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seafire.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	65698
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Looks good, Cees. You should upload that repaint.
    I will Jerry. When I'm ready.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    I will Jerry. When I'm ready.
    Cees
    Take your sweet time, LOL. I downloaded several of Peter's repaints so I have plenty of different colors to fly.
    Such a nice airplane... and I didn't have to do any cfg adjusting to get it to trap on a carrier. Just fly out and hook a wire.

Seafire....

What a beautifull seafire, i've got the real air spitfire, the A2A spitfire and now a magnific seafire with a job that would be for a payware aircraft, thanks a lot for this work.
    You are a great man Rob!!!
    Last edited by georges-andre; December 17th, 2018 at 09:25.

Just noticed,

Mr. Richardson has released his Mk. 46!

Thank you again for sharing your work with us all!

Mark

Changed it a bit.

Cees

Members who have read this thread: 5