My OOM CTD issue solved and an Apology.

Thread: My OOM CTD issue solved and an Apology.

My OOM CTD issue solved and an Apology.

Bit of a back story, ever since the Carenado Cheyenne 3 (and to a lesser extent the QW 787) came out I was unable to fly with 20 miles of Flight Beam's wonderful KMSP Sceney and I thought it was because of the model sizes in the plane. Well I really wanted the Milviz Twin Comanche so I inquired as to model size and it was small enough MB wise to justify the risk as MSP area is my home area. Almost instant OOM crash to desktop so mdl size is not the issue. The solution? Yesterday here or on another site I found a post about enabling DirectX 10 preview being a possible cure for OOM so I tried and it worked beautifully! Of course having orbx scenery I had to fix the shaders so the lights would show but that was fairly easy to fix so now it works fine and no OOM crashes for the time being. Now for the apology, nobody said anything directly to me about it when I may have been a bit harsh with developers about their ever inflating mdl sizes and now having found what the real issue was for me I want to APOLOGIZE for being a jerk about it if anybody out there took offense to my complaining. Its just that I have relatively little money to spend on addons right now and when they they have usability issues it gets frustrating and yes maybe i could have gotten refunded but also maybe not and I didnt want to hurt the bottom line of developers when it was a problem that may or may not have been their fault and ultimately really wasn't I guess. So if you are having OutOfMemory errors like I was give directx10 preview a chance if you don't have it enabled in your settings.

Just out of interest, are you running FSX disc or Steam?

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Just out of interest, are you running FSX disc or Steam?
    FSX Disk. I have discovered an issue with some lights at the KMSP airport scenery but I am sure I can find a fix for that as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0