A question about programming Dino's C2/E2 MFDU....

Thread: A question about programming Dino's C2/E2 MFDU....

A question about programming Dino's C2/E2 MFDU....

I am wanting to place a carrier while still parked in a hangar. Then, once airborne, and about 50 miles out, choose the option in AICarriers to "ask for present location".

AICarriers provides a course and latitude/longitude coordinates. So, at that point, could I enter that information into Dino's MFDU, as a waypoint to fly to the ship? Thanks, NC

DATA – Allows the user to enter or manipulate waypoint data (in reality it also allows the user to enter no-fly zones or the position of known threats). Only the WAYPOINT subpage is implemented in the current build. FLIGHT PLAN – INOPERATIVE in the current build. You have to enter your flight plan with the FSX/P3D flight planner or with external utilities.
    This tells me it doesn't, but I'll play around with it. I use the Flight1 GTN in my other military stuff to add/delete waypoints without having to use a FS flightplan.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

UPDATE: Tested in the C-2R model. I found in the 2D pop-up of the MFCPD, the "N"orth button didn't work. In the VC, I was able to type in a waypoint via degree decimal format and altitude in meters, but it did not seem to take the new WP (as WP1).
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Hi there

I will look into the "N" key not working in the 2D pop up.
    As for the desired function, in the current release of the MFCDU should be able to select / add or delete waypoints ONLY if a flight plan exists. It does not support the creation of a flightplan from scratch, nor it does allow the creation of a new waypoint and set it to no.1

You should be able to fly to the ship via BDHI / EFIS as follows:
    - Enter the TACAN channel provided by Tacpack or the equivalent frequency in NAV1
    - BDHI should point to the carrier, showing distance. If the aircraft has an EFIS, a new arrow to the VRSTP CV should point towards the carrier.
    - When you are close enough, the VRS ILS should be automatically engaged (indications shown to the ADI and EFIS).

Regards

Dino

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Hi there

I will look into the "N" key not working in the 2D pop up.
    As for the desired function, in the current release of the MFCDU should be able to select / add or delete waypoints ONLY if a flight plan exists. It does not support the creation of a flightplan from scratch, nor it does allow the creation of a new waypoint and set it to no.1

You should be able to fly to the ship via BDHI / EFIS as follows:
    - Enter the TACAN channel provided by Tacpack or the equivalent frequency in NAV1
    - BDHI should point to the carrier, showing distance. If the aircraft has an EFIS, a new arrow to the VRSTP CV should point towards the carrier.
    - When you are close enough, the VRS ILS should be automatically engaged (indications shown to the ADI and EFIS).

Regards

Dino
    Thank you Dino! Personalized customer service! NC

Members who have read this thread: 0