Need advice about carrier ops files and SDK for a friend...

Thread: Need advice about carrier ops files and SDK for a friend...

Need advice about carrier ops files and SDK for a friend...

Ok, here's the situation. A buddy of mine lives up near Murphy, NC, and does not have internet available. He is running FSX-O, which I sent to him a little over a year ago. Also sent him Acceleration, but he has not been able to activate it (part of the problem).

He is going to "revisit" the problem of activating Acceleration, but I have a question regarding SDK, so I can relay the information to him, plus try and explain about other addons and how to install them. Whew!

Ok.

It has been a long time since I installed FSX and Acceleration. But if I remember correctly, FSX had SDK on one of the install disks, and didn't Acceleration too? Anyway, if he can successfully install Acceleration, how is the SDK installed? Does he need the SDK installed from both the FSX-O disk AND the Acceleration? If I remember correctly, SDK has to be installed in order to place the "Add-on" in the menu, right?

Once he can get that done, then I will explain to him about the different add-ons, i.e. AICarriers, Javier's carriers, and so many others.

As it stands right now, he has to download stuff to his cell phone, and then transfer files to his PC. Major pain in the butt.

Anyway, let me know if y'all can offer some advice about this. Thanks, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Ok, here's the situation. A buddy of mine lives up near Murphy, NC, and does not have internet available. He is running FSX-O, which I sent to him a little over a year ago. Also sent him Acceleration, but he has not been able to activate it (part of the problem).

He is going to "revisit" the problem of activating Acceleration, but I have a question regarding SDK, so I can relay the information to him, plus try and explain about other addons and how to install them. Whew!

Ok.

It has been a long time since I installed FSX and Acceleration. But if I remember correctly, FSX had SDK on one of the install disks, and didn't Acceleration too? Anyway, if he can successfully install Acceleration, how is the SDK installed? Does he need the SDK installed from both the FSX-O disk AND the Acceleration? If I remember correctly, SDK has to be installed in order to place the "Add-on" in the menu, right?

Once he can get that done, then I will explain to him about the different add-ons, i.e. AICarriers, Javier's carriers, and so many others.

As it stands right now, he has to download stuff to his cell phone, and then transfer files to his PC. Major pain in the butt.

Anyway, let me know if y'all can offer some advice about this. Thanks, NC

Chief,

The SDK is installed from the Acceleration disk in your friend's case (it's not available on the standard FSX disk - only FSX Deluxe)

See here for some detail:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/ind...allation_(FSX)
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Members who have read this thread: 0