Me 262 free 3d model by Yksnawel
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Me 262 free 3d model by Yksnawel

Me 262 free 3d model by Yksnawel

Found at home some old Schwalbe monograpy, so I took a look if some decent free 3d model exist... well, a big surprise at Sketchfab.com, really well made Me 262, by a guy called Yksnawel.

It is a fully mapped model, polygonaly fine, 4096x4096 textures including specular maps and normal maps. A single file for body skin + one for cockpit. Moving parts detached - ready for gmax animation tags. The only small "minus" things are the model is open gear /door, but its nothing groovy, and the actual uv-mapping is very hard for possible repaints - looks like automatic atlas mapping, many small pieces. The virtual cockpit would need to make newly or to use the CFS3 stock one.

I personally am at development limits untill some of my "almost done" projects will be finally released, so I barrelly would bother with this Me 262, still sharing a small preview, a quick made conversion into CFS3. it took cca 3 hours since the idea to try

wow, the 262 has some great lines
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

I could share the actual gmax project (with Pilot node only) and the related CFS3 airplane slot. no animations, no closed gear doors... flight model stock MS CFS3 Me 262.
    however, I am very sceptic someone would bother it to finish it, that means no public download link, stuff available with PM only.

lets put the original 3d model data yet:

3d model by: Yksnawe
    Source format: .dae
    Geometry: Triangles 22.9k / Vertices 11.6k
    Model size 269kB
    UV Mapped, textures included.

Licencion: Author must be credited and (if) changes, described. No commercial use. More here.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful model. Looks like it would take a lot of work though and you already have a lot of other projects going on. Really most interested in the He-162 project. Aircraft take a lot of time to develop and you do such a great job. Very thankful the such a skilled modeller does all of this for us CFS3 fans. Thanks BorekS. Regards,Scott

oh, thanks, mate

yes, some kind of work would be needed for this Me 262, depends whats the priority for the user.

to get moving the gmaxed wing parts and landing gear item is a matter of a few hours, to add some pylon mounts, gun nodes is a matter of minutes. another very appreciated part of the CFS3 add-on is some decent damage model. to build damage box and plant emitters is not so hard as it looks, a hour or two time frame job aprox. also, the flight dynamics + damage profile is done infact...

but in case you would like to enjoy a new virtual cockpit, this would take bit bigger time.

finding the major bonus with such Me 262 model is to serve as a nice toy to be eguipped with various loadout weaponary enhancements.

if someone is interesting to know hows the original body texture uv-map wire:

That's as close to a texturer's nightmare as I've ever seen, with the exception of some horribly distorted models.

LOL! yes, it would be slightly difficult to make some of new Schwalbe camos that way... doable, but definitelly not easy.

Oh boy, what a horror. At least the geometry is unwrapped to reduce stretching but it’s a disorganised dog’s breakfast otherwise. I bet John would bodyswerve that!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

The 262 is my all time fav plane for sure!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    if someone is interesting to know hows the original body texture uv-map wire:

lol yea you got that right Tom, Rene!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

anyway, in case of a really serious interest I could take some time to re uv-map it. however, I am not sure if such potentional time frame which I would spend with it would worth. would worth to me.

As you already said Borek, the time is in the virtual pit, and how much better is this main model than the stock version? If you were to spend time on a 262 and make a pit. wouldn't it be quicker to just make a new pit for the stock model, if that were possible? I do understand there could be problems with stock models, regards not having source files though.

Having said that if you are up for the new model, I won't complain!
    John
    (DR/ MAW/ ETO/ PTO Textures)

Keep it coming!

yep, you are right, a new pit for the nice stock Me 262 would be good enough.

the Me 262 presented here is a lot smoother / detailed mesh. but it also means its bit more performance hungry, yet with the 4096 skin and spec / normal maps

if I would build a new Me 262 fully from scratch, it would be cca half polygonal solution, It means something bewteen the stock CFS3 model and the Yksnawels modell.

anway, right now I would need your great art to invest into the Heinkel 162 rather
    Last edited by BorekS; December 5th, 2018 at 02:10.

just a question, do we have some two seat Me 262B for CFS3?

ok, thank you, Wiek

so, relating to the "what next to do" global priority for (german) real jets, the most addepts are various versions of Me 262, He 162 and Ar 234. and to the line would count the Ho IX / Go 229 aswell.

however, the simhangar work in progress projects are not abbandoned. the flying disc is under completation currently.

news: Wiek found a very interesting model, a free Me 262 add-on for a pretty known "damage" game engine demonstrator called BeamNG. you can try youtube and search for "me 262 beamng", to see how it looks in action.

the addon contents *.dae d3 sources and *.dds textures, its perfect polygonal mesh and texture format to be used in CFS3. it is designed for debris parts. aslo some special item enhancements included. it uncludes virtual cockpit, but this one would need a bit more touch.

could be a pretty good Me 262 and no game performance killer... assuming nobody is interested to convert it... well, just letting know.

Blog Entries
    A nice Me-262 with AvHistory 1% air files would be a nice addition to CFS3. A 2-seat night fighter version is what we really need also.

what actually means the 1% there? always seemed to me a ridiculous value.

Blog Entries
    That is what they go by. Meaning the fly at 1% of the actual flight model. AvHistory pioneered this concept years ago and are considered the best at flight modeling. In the sim you must select hard settings to get the best performance of their aircraft. Very accurate and challenging to fly correctly,but accurate.They are the gold standard in CFS3 and still are,in my opinion. Cheers,Scott

I remember, still never bothered right becasue of the ridiculous value.

Mate, Which one do you prefer ynakswel model or BeamNG one?
    once ported into the game the result might looks different..would like to see ingame shots on this BeamNG model

Members who have read this thread: 1