X-Plane Beta 11.3 beta 6

Thread: X-Plane Beta 11.3 beta 6

Blog Entries

X-Plane Beta 11.3 beta 6

Hello there!
    We're still in full bug-squashing mode for X-Plane 11.30. We have four more of the 11.30 improvements to show you this month.
    11.30 Features

U.S. Autogen Updates
    X-Plane 11.30 includes new auto-generated scenery for high rise buildings, industrial buildings, and street level clutter in the United States. Check out the article for before & after comparisons!

Particle Effects
    New and more powerful particle effects are included in this update! It creates creates smoke, fire, mist and other ephemeral effects in the sim. The default aircraft have all been updated so you'll see new effects with contrails, heat blur, and wing tip trails.

Dubai Scenery
    This update includes a new set of landmarks for the city of Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. The tallest building in the world, the Burj Khalifa, is located here.

UI Features
    X-Plane 11.30 includes two new UI features: joystick curves and large text. The new joystick curves allow you to set custom curves on anyaxis type, and the larger text options make text easier to read on high resolution monitors.

Featured Add Ons

This month brought six amazing new add ons for us to feature! We have three scenery packs, two aircraft, and hardware to use with X-Plane.

Gateway News

Last month saw the submission of an outstanding Detroit Metro Wayne County (KDTW) airport by artist Pconlan.

Happy flying!
    -- The X-Plane Team
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I just received X-Plane11 as a gift from some nice folks I did some scenery for. I have to say, I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. It's taking a bit of time to get acclimated to the differences as far as programming my joystick and CH Throttle, but I have the basics working and the rest will follow I'm sure. I'm all about eye-candy and there's a lot of that to enjoy. I was amazed at the highway setup, overhead signs on major freeways, highway lights, traffic that doesn't just stop suddenly and then pick up somewhere else. Elevated highways where traffic is actually on them and not driving right through an on ramp and remaining on the lower level. lol. Trains? Real trains of various types on railroad tracks. . .homes that look like homes and not blurry boxes.

I am definitely enjoying this latest version!!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I just received X-Plane11 as a gift from some nice folks I did some scenery for. I have to say, I'm impressed with what I've seen so far. It's taking a bit of time to get acclimated to the differences as far as programming my joystick and CH Throttle, but I have the basics working and the rest will follow I'm sure. I'm all about eye-candy and there's a lot of that to enjoy. I was amazed at the highway setup, overhead signs on major freeways, highway lights, traffic that doesn't just stop suddenly and then pick up somewhere else. Elevated highways where traffic is actually on them and not driving right through an on ramp and remaining on the lower level. lol. Trains? Real trains of various types on railroad tracks. . .homes that look like homes and not blurry boxes.

I am definitely enjoying this latest version!!

It's pretty good isn't it. I'm still on 11.26, and I only installed X-Plane for the first time a couple of months ago. The trains are awesome. I really like the way ground textures don't seem to suffer from blurries at all. Everything seems to remain crisp. Building textures also seem to load better than FSX and P3D. I really like the sloped runways too. I won't be leaving the ESP sims behind any time soon, but I am very impressed with XP11.

The first time I hand flew the default 737 was an experience too. I love the flight dynamics.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Blog Entries
    Make sure you set an axis or a couple buttons for aileron trim Ed.. It'll save you a lot of headaches in a cross wind..

Blog Entries
    Glad to see you on here Ed. Yes, XP11 is a very different 64 bit flightsim and now so much easier to use. I am also in love with the eye-candy. Now with all the free HD Scenery is really is AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Make sure you set an axis or a couple buttons for aileron trim Ed.. It'll save you a lot of headaches in a cross wind..
    lol, Funny you would mention that Pam. . .I had that very experience while flying this morning.

Current System Specs:

Blog Entries
    lol, Funny you would mention that Pam. . .I had that very experience while flying this morning.
    HEHEH,, Glad it helped. When i first started flying XPlane, it drove me nuts. first the plane banked one direction then the other as the wind changed headings. It made flying a white knuckled pain. I think it probably catches most FSX users off guard like that.

Pam

While were on the subject of X-Plane controller settings you might want to check out Froogle Sims video on per plane settings
    X-Plane can do out of the box what FSX and P3D need FSUIPC to do which is really cool.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Hello there!
    We're still in full bug-squashing mode for X-Plane 11.30. We have four more of the 11.30 improvements to show you this month.
    11.30 Features

New and more powerful particle effects are included in this update! It creates creates smoke, fire, mist and other ephemeral effects in the sim. The default aircraft have all been updated so you'll see new effects with contrails, heat blur, and wing tip trails.

Happy flying!
    -- The X-Plane Team
    I do not have X-Plane, I've been a hold out with FSX. I am considering building a computer that will feature 64 bit Windows 10 and be a fully modern computer (by current standards). When I do that, I'll be looking for a 64 bit flight sim. Flight Sim World died before it was anywhere near fully developed. I've considered P3D, but it seems significant version updates break a lot of add-on compatibility and updates are not always free. X-Plane is starting to look quite interesting... except for that one picture. I don't know what you did, but I'd say you did it wrong and that flight is not going to end well.

I'll be keeping an eye on X-Plane.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'm so deep down the rabbit hole by now that I'm learning advanced level LUA tricks, although I've sworn to keep on the consumer side when I bought XP. Have touched FSX exactly once since then, unfinished projects and time spent on it be damned.

I posted this in the forums over at X-Plane but the Admins haven't cleared it to be viewed yet. Does anyone know how to adjust the pilots "eyepoint"? In FSX it's done in the acft config, but X-Plane doesn't seem to have a dedicated cfg file like that.

Current System Specs:

I posted this in the forums over at X-Plane but the Admins haven't cleared it to be viewed yet. Does anyone know how to adjust the pilots "eyepoint"? In FSX it's done in the acft config, but X-Plane doesn't seem to have a dedicated cfg file like that.
    I think you can do that with "Plane Maker.exe", its in the main X-Plane folder.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

Wow, that's almost too much information, lol. That's an amazing tool. Thanks for the HU!

Current System Specs:

Blog Entries
    Yes it is done at plane-maker and plane maker contains tons of great potential!
    Ted

For every aircraft, I have an improved eyepoint view hotlinked to the zero key on the numpad. Much better than having to do all the trial & error stuff in PlaneMaker.

Blog Entries
    It works...I tried it before and it didn't...thanks Bjoern

Members +
    I have been using the four arrow keys on my keyboard to do this, especially in VR when you have to tweak it most times.

To everybody who doesn't know: CTRL + [a number key on the numpad] saves the current view to that key. Pressing the key moves the camera to the saved position, pressing it again will move it to the previous position. Views are saved per airplane and stored in the [acf name]_prefs.txt file in the aircraft folder (so keep a backup, just in case).

Very useful for setting up all kinds of internal and external views and basically makes 2D panels superfluous.

Found one thing that I don't care for with X-Plane. . .the end result is my fault, but X-Plane requires that you activate any payware airplane. So I use the Key code to install the airplane, then if I want to actually. . .you know. . .fly it, then I have to activate it again before it's usable. The parts that's my fault is that I needed a Plugin to make a tablet functional in an airplane I downloaded and installed. Got it unzipped and placed it in the Plugins folder and loaded the airplane. Everything was working fine but I had to leave for awhile so I shut X-Plane down.

When I loaded it up again a little while ago, I get a screen that says I have to activate X-Plane after installing a new plugin so I have to go get my Activation key that they sent to my e-mail. . .except I can't find it. Looked in every folder. . .even the one for X-Plane that I set up to hold all correspondence. . .nothing. Apparently, during one of my sleep-deprived moments I deleted some emails that included everything I got from X-Plane. . .cause it's all gone. The only record I have is what transpired through PayPal. . .so I sent an email to X-plane explaining what happened and gave them everything I have on the PayPal account. I am hoping it's enough because if it's not, I spent $60 bucks and got to enjoy X-Plane for 2 days. . .hardly worth the price of admission.

If I could suggest anything be changed with X-Plane it would be the constant need to activate and re-acativate ever time you install something.

Current System Specs:

"For lost, disabled, or stolen digital download product keys purchased from this site, please e-mail keyrecovery@x-plane.com."

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    "For lost, disabled, or stolen digital download product keys purchased from this site, please e-mail keyrecovery@x-plane.com."
    Yes, already done that thanks.

Current System Specs:

As far as I know, XP11 does its product key checking randomly. I think I've only encountered it when running XP from an unknown device for the first time. And I switch between desktop and laptop PC (and install and uninstall stuff) fairly often.

Received my replacement key this afternoon. When I typed in the code it made it sound like this was the first time it had ever been activated, when I had already activated it 2 days prior. Glad I'm back up and running but the need to activate again is just something I don't understand.

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 0