Stock Vehicles

Thread: Stock Vehicles

SOH-CM-2020

Stock Vehicles

As screens get better, the old stock CFS3 textures look better, too. Anyone remember what CFS3 looked like on a 15" monitor in 2003? Not like this!

Yes, I remember what it looked like back in 2003. Its come a long way!

What i can remember CFS3 look on my pc wayback in 2003 worse than this

I dont remember, yet using the original stock CFS3 its because I didnt met any such somehow close, I am just foused on the airplane development

the attached truck shot looks great. could be even made better the wheel shape without 3d model changes, there is a few tricks.
    as to the tanks shots, it can sound ridiculous, but they could look better even less polygons trust me

having a few such assets made for other game by past, which could fit CFS3 pretty well. I would like to try some vehicles to convert into CFS3 or to make a scenery / scenery objects, but never tried and dunno what all is possible ever.

SOH-CM-2020

Just one howitzer pretty please Borek!

Quote Originally Posted by BorekS View Post
    I dont remember, yet using the original stock CFS3 its because I didnt met any such somehow close, I am just foused on the airplane development

having a few such assets made for other game by past, which could fit CFS3 pretty well. I would like to try some vehicles to convert into CFS3 or to make a scenery / scenery objects, but never tried and dunno what all is possible ever.
    I'm sure you would find making a few facilities/vehicles a breeze, after seeing the amazing attention to detail of your AR 234!

One of the biggest things needed for CFS3 is really rather simple: The stock German and American howitzers are modelled so their orientation (checked in m3d ed) is 180 degrees opposed.

Why is this a problem? Because the frontline spawns ask the howitzers to orientate "to frontline" (tofl). Because of the cockup with the howitzer orientations, the current stock frontline has one set of howitzers facing the right way, the other side's howitzers face away from the frontline!

So if someone could knock up a simple howitzer with the same orientation as the enemy howitzer, all would be well! I've looked at some of the new artillery in MAW and ETO and haven't found what is needed as yet.

I would be happy to bang together the xdp if needed.

I've tried to use ModelconverterX to rip a 3d model from an existing stock howitzer, but I cannot get it to work - not got the aptitude for modelling.

It shoudlnt be problem to make some new decent howitzer stuff, even for less experienced 3d model maker. I would reccommend just keep some basic rules for such kind of scenery objects

As to the Arado 234, I hope there will come time for replacing the add-on main body for a lot more optimalised fully new mesh... I just mean if I would produce some scenery objects, I wouldnt waste polygons

SOH-CM-2020
    A couple more stock items

Once upon a time, I repainted the stock U.S. fire truck, added lights and a siren along with some drive-able versions. I believe the drive-ables had some bug that I never went back and fixed but all should still be available in the DL section. They looked pretty cool from the air.

Had already started to repaint a few of the other stock vehicles but the texture mapping is really bad on some. Here's the stock U.S. fuel truck hacked into a water tender and a repainted Opel Blitz fire truck. Was going to add splash effects instead of a fire ball when they got hit

SOH-CM-2020
    Hey Foo Fighter, nice vehicles!

I just shot up some water tanks at a railyard in MAW; they have a really good water splash effect I had not viewed before. You could probably locate the name of the effect in the xdp for the water tank in MAW.

Thanks D.

I only have Rising Sun and DPC's KTO installed at the moment. Will have to install ETO and MAW fairly soon as RS and KTO are flooded with Luftwaffe and desert stuff I've been working on!

The Opel Blitz's had a variety of paint schemes depending on theater, anxious to get back to it.

Members who have read this thread: 0