[release] beta cfs3 small effects replacement
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [release] beta cfs3 small effects replacement

[release] beta cfs3 small effects replacement

Ok This's still BETA So i need to know if this good or bad...that's all (I'll update if necessary)
    This small replacement effect are including : Flak puff, fire,explosion,muzzle gun flash,ground & water hit spike,spark hit...
    I didn't test them all and really appreciate if you guys post some comment here

DOWNLOAD LINK : http://www.mediafire.com/file/2dotuo...fects.rar/file

Installation Step :
    1. BACKUP your EFFECTS FOLDER first before you continue
    2. PUT THIS INSIDE YOUR EFFECTS FOLDER (OVERWRITE YES)
    3. PLAY

ENJOY !! NO HESI ! LIFE'S TOO SHORT !

Some screenie :

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs14c.jpg   cfs11c.jpg   cfs13c.jpg   cfs12c.jpg   CFS8a.jpg  

Update 1 :
    SMALL FIX
    Put this inside Effects\FXtextures folder and overwrite yes
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks ! Got it downloaded and will try it out tonight.

SOH-CM-2020
    Here is a stock cannon hit effect

Looks awesome, will check it out this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Here is a stock cannon hit effect
    I dont use yet in my shots above so still use the stock one, just showing the fire effect but those hit effect has been replace in my download

Thanks guys hope you like it!

UPDATE 2 : (see attachment below for download)
    Change fire burning effect (See pic)

PUT THIS ON YOUR : EFFECTS\FXTEXTURES
    Overwrite the old one

PIC :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs20c.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Thanks for these Weikniera, great work!

You also are the undisputed king of screenshots, I always admire them!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Pattle View Post
    Thanks for these Weikniera, great work!

You also are the undisputed king of screenshots, I always admire them!
    Thanks for the compliments Pat ! It's encouraged me to do even better in the future

Please, upload your work to SOH. After fighting off a couple of "authentication needed" pop-ups (that couldn't be closed normally, had to resort to the Task manager to kill them for good) from a site named clickupdon.cool, telling me that I absolutely need an important Firefox update, I finally managed to download the .rar which ended up being corrupted. Twice. Not going back for a third try. While I trust your files to be safe, that site I don't.

got issues to open the rar too, but the solution was easy - a winrar later version... just my 2c.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    I use 7-zip and it opened the file just fine. It will open almost every kind of compressed file.Try it ,it's free to boot.

I've to revised some effect inside effects.xml so they don't use the same file effect, like flak and engine fire. Now i add the new file so they won't conflict with other line that use the same file effect. Also mixing some flak effect from 1 to 3, so a bit more variety puff, some dust when take off also been replaced with the new one.

Okay here's what i've done is making engine fire effect not to look white anymore and more dark grey combined with black smoke so there won't be plane going down with white smoke. And easy to track friend or foe plane that goes down.

Here's the result

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs52c.jpg   cfs55d.jpg  

SOH-CM-2020
    Looking good, Wiekniera!

Quote Originally Posted by wiekniera View Post
    I've to revised some effect inside effects.xml so they don't use the same file effect, like flak and engine fire. Now i add the new file so they won't conflict with other line that use the same file effect. Also mixing some flak effect from 1 to 3, so a bit more variety puff, some dust when take off also been replaced with the new one.

Okay here's what i've done is making engine fire effect not to look white anymore and more dark grey combined with black smoke so there won't be plane going down with white smoke. And easy to track friend or foe plane that goes down.

Here's the result

The other night I was flying my JF Memphis Belle and I was looking around on the spot camera when the aircraft just to my left and slightly behind just exploded, it was hit with the first barrage of a just in range 88mm flak position, it actually just disappeared with bits falling straight down and if you read much on the subject of the daylight raids then you will know how often crews saw the same things happen.
    Manny

Glad to be back - Now if I can just remember how to fly this damned thing........

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxer View Post
    The other night I was flying my JF Memphis Belle and I was looking around on the spot camera when the aircraft just to my left and slightly behind just exploded, it was hit with the first barrage of a just in range 88mm flak position, it actually just disappeared with bits falling straight down and if you read much on the subject of the daylight raids then you will know how often crews saw the same things happen.
    That sounds like the so called "scarecrow' which BC bombers used think were some German trick explosion, but were in fact bombers just blowing up. I have scarecrow aircraft for all main BC aircraft; maybe I should get around to do some for the USAAF.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

Guess this's my last attempt with engine fire smoke effect !
    Looking for the correct black color code is not easy too, using the one on flak color seems too black...what do you guys think?
    I'll release Effects V2 soon, the first release is not available anymore to download. I'll change instead into version 2.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cfs57c.jpg  
    Last edited by wiekniera; December 4th, 2018 at 11:47.

MY SMALL EFFECTS COLLECTION VER.2 FINAL

Download :
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ucw63n...effects+V2.rar

(if you can't open it, use latest Winrar,7-zip or Winace should work)

Attention !! Please Backup your :
    Effects.XML & Effects folder FIRST !!!

Installation Step :
    1. BACKUP your EFFECTS FOLDER & EFFECTS.XML first before you continue
    2. PUT THIS INSIDE YOUR EFFECTS FOLDER (If ask OVERWRITE press YES)
    3. PLAY

Hope this can help for new ppl & old cfs3 member that just come back from long sleep so it will be much easier to start & find the new one.

I want to say thanks to all people in CFS3 Community, WOFF Community and Strike fighters modder without you this won't be here !!!
    I'm sorry i can't mention people one by one as i can't remember where all this effect i got but main thing for sure most already released before by CFS3 community, WOFF community and some effects are come from my strike fighters collection.

Enjoy !! No HESI !! Life's too short !!
    Last edited by wiekniera; December 4th, 2018 at 14:00.

Thanks mate but a couple of points.

Given that I don't know what all is in your effects file, is it not possible just to have your additions uploaded?
    Why are there also flak and weather folders or did you just upload your whole effects folder?

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Thanks mate but a couple of points.

Given that I don't know what all is in your effects file, is it not possible just to have your additions uploaded?
    Why are there also flak and weather folders or did you just upload your whole effects folder?
    Yes sir, it's all from my effects folder but except skybox. Might be can help me too in the future if my CFS3 loss again so i don't have to collect it back again
    Im affraid if it's only my additions the result can be different sir and that's why im affraid of. Btw this's just a small upgrade of dailewetti & majormagee effects.
    My thanks to them

Your stuff looks great and I would like to try it, perhaps you could PM or email me just the changes/additions you made. I have plenty of additions to my effects.xml so I really can't use your whole file as it would negate the additions in mine. Similarly I get nervous with taking a whole effects folder when I don't know what is added or subtracted from mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose View Post
    Your stuff looks great and I would like to try it, perhaps you could PM or email me just the changes/additions you made. I have plenty of additions to my effects.xml so I really can't use your whole file as it would negate the additions in mine. Similarly I get nervous with taking a whole effects folder when I don't know what is added or subtracted from mine.
    The simple way is sorting by date. You can find from the date 4/7/2018 to 12/3/2018 it's should be 56 files in FXTextures folder that i change.

And inside effects.xml, i only change this line :

<Air_Smoke_Flak_end1 ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="1" EmitterLifetime=".1" EmitterPosX="0.0" EmitterPosY="0" EmitterPosZ="0.0" ZBias="0.0" EmissionAngleHoriz="0" EmissionAngleVert="0" EmissionSpread="900" EmissionRate="0" EmissionRateVar="0" InitialDelay=".1" InitialCount="1" MinDistance="30" MaxDistance="2500" StopMethod="0" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="15" LifetimeVar="0" Speed="12" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="50" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="-36" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime=".3333" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="8" SizeVar="1.5" MaxSize="30" MaxSizeVar="10" GrowRate="1.05" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="8" RotationRateVar="4" FadeInTime=".1" InitialColor="87 65 45" InitialAlpha="30" Color="5 5 3" Alpha="240" FadeOutTime="3" FinalColor="75 100 103" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="cloudpuff.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <Air_Smoke_Flak_end2 ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="1" EmitterLifetime=".2" EmitterPosX="0.0" EmitterPosY=".5" EmitterPosZ=".4" ZBias="0.0" EmissionAngleHoriz="0" EmissionAngleVert="0" EmissionSpread="800" EmissionRate="0" EmissionRateVar="0" InitialDelay=".1" InitialCount="1" MinDistance="30" MaxDistance="2500" StopMethod="0" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="15" LifetimeVar="0" Speed="0" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="200" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="1" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="8" SizeVar="1.5" MaxSize="30" MaxSizeVar="10" GrowRate="1.05" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="8" RotationRateVar="4" FadeInTime=".1" InitialColor="254 249 24" InitialAlpha="120" Color="4 4 2" Alpha="240" FadeOutTime="3" FinalColor="75 100 103" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="flaksmoke2.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <Air_Smoke_Flak_end3 ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="1" EmitterLifetime=".1" EmitterPosX="0.0" EmitterPosY="-.4" EmitterPosZ="-.6" ZBias="0.0" EmissionAngleHoriz="0" EmissionAngleVert="0" EmissionSpread="800" EmissionRate="0" EmissionRateVar="0" InitialDelay=".1" InitialCount="2" MinDistance="30" MaxDistance="2500" StopMethod="0" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="15" LifetimeVar="0" Speed="0" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="200" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="1" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="8" SizeVar="1.5" MaxSize="30" MaxSizeVar="10" GrowRate="1.05" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="8" RotationRateVar="4" FadeInTime=".1" InitialColor="241 182 41" InitialAlpha="120" Color="5 5 3" Alpha="240" FadeOutTime="3" FinalColor="75 100 103" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="flaksmoke3.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <Air_Smoke_Flak_LRG_end1 ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="1" EmitterLifetime=".1" EmitterPosX="0.0" EmitterPosY="0" EmitterPosZ="0.0" ZBias="0.0" EmissionAngleHoriz="0" EmissionAngleVert="0" EmissionSpread="900" EmissionRate="0" EmissionRateVar="0" InitialDelay=".1" InitialCount="1" MinDistance="30" MaxDistance="2500" StopMethod="0" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="15" LifetimeVar="0" Speed="18" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="50" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="-54" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime=".3333" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="12" SizeVar="2" MaxSize="30" MaxSizeVar="10" GrowRate="1.05" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="8" RotationRateVar="4" FadeInTime=".1" InitialColor="87 65 45" InitialAlpha="30" Color="5 5 3" Alpha="240" FadeOutTime="3" FinalColor="75 100 103" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="cloudpuff.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <Air_Smoke_Flak_LRG_end2 ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="1" EmitterLifetime=".2" EmitterPosX="0.0" EmitterPosY=".5" EmitterPosZ=".4" ZBias="0.0" EmissionAngleHoriz="0" EmissionAngleVert="0" EmissionSpread="800" EmissionRate="0" EmissionRateVar="0" InitialDelay=".1" InitialCount="1" MinDistance="30" MaxDistance="2500" StopMethod="0" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="15" LifetimeVar="0" Speed="0" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="200" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="1" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="12" SizeVar="2" MaxSize="30" MaxSizeVar="10" GrowRate="1.05" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="8" RotationRateVar="4" FadeInTime=".1" InitialColor="254 249 24" InitialAlpha="120" Color="4 4 2" Alpha="240" FadeOutTime="3" FinalColor="75 100 103" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="flaksmoke2.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <Air_Smoke_Flak_LRG_end3 ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="1" EmitterLifetime=".1" EmitterPosX="0.0" EmitterPosY="-.4" EmitterPosZ="-.6" ZBias="0.0" EmissionAngleHoriz="0" EmissionAngleVert="0" EmissionSpread="800" EmissionRate="0" EmissionRateVar="0" InitialDelay=".1" InitialCount="2" MinDistance="30" MaxDistance="2500" StopMethod="0" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="15" LifetimeVar="0" Speed="0" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="200" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="1" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="12" SizeVar="2" MaxSize="30" MaxSizeVar="10" GrowRate="1.05" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="8" RotationRateVar="4" FadeInTime=".1" InitialColor="241 182 41" InitialAlpha="120" Color="5 5 3" Alpha="240" FadeOutTime="3" FinalColor="75 100 103" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="flaksmoke3.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <Air_Smoke_Flak_SML_end1 ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="1" EmitterLifetime=".1" EmitterPosX="0.0" EmitterPosY="0" EmitterPosZ="0.0" ZBias="0.0" EmissionAngleHoriz="0" EmissionAngleVert="0" EmissionSpread="900" EmissionRate="0" EmissionRateVar="0" InitialDelay=".1" InitialCount="1" MinDistance="30" MaxDistance="2500" StopMethod="0" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="15" LifetimeVar="0" Speed="8" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="50" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="-24" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime=".3333" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="5" SizeVar="1" MaxSize="30" MaxSizeVar="10" GrowRate="1.05" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="8" RotationRateVar="4" FadeInTime=".1" InitialColor="87 65 45" InitialAlpha="30" Color="5 5 3" Alpha="240" FadeOutTime="3" FinalColor="75 100 103" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="cloudpuff.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <Air_Smoke_Flak_SML_end1a ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="1" EmitterLifetime=".1" EmitterPosX="0.0" EmitterPosY="0" EmitterPosZ="0.0" ZBias="0.0" EmissionAngleHoriz="0" EmissionAngleVert="0" EmissionSpread="900" EmissionRate="1" EmissionRateVar="1" InitialDelay=".1" InitialCount="0" MinDistance="30" MaxDistance="2500" StopMethod="0" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="3" LifetimeVar="2" Speed="8" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="50" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="-24" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime=".3333" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="3" SizeVar="2" MaxSize="30" MaxSizeVar="10" GrowRate="1.05" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="8" RotationRateVar="4" FadeInTime=".1" InitialColor="87 65 45" InitialAlpha="30" Color="5 5 3" Alpha="100" FadeOutTime="1" FinalColor="75 100 103" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="flaksmoke3.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <Air_Smoke_Flak_SML_end2 ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="1" EmitterLifetime=".2" EmitterPosX="0.0" EmitterPosY=".5" EmitterPosZ=".4" ZBias="0.0" EmissionAngleHoriz="0" EmissionAngleVert="0" EmissionSpread="800" EmissionRate="0" EmissionRateVar="0" InitialDelay=".1" InitialCount="1" MinDistance="30" MaxDistance="2500" StopMethod="0" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="15" LifetimeVar="0" Speed="0" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="200" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="1" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="8" SizeVar="1.5" MaxSize="30" MaxSizeVar="10" GrowRate="1.05" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="8" RotationRateVar="4" FadeInTime=".1" InitialColor="254 249 24" InitialAlpha="120" Color="4 4 2" Alpha="240" FadeOutTime="3" FinalColor="75 100 103" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="cloudpuff.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <Air_Smoke_Flak_SML_end2a ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="1" EmitterLifetime=".2" EmitterPosX="0.0" EmitterPosY=".5" EmitterPosZ=".4" ZBias="0.0" EmissionAngleHoriz="0" EmissionAngleVert="0" EmissionSpread="800" EmissionRate="1" EmissionRateVar="1" InitialDelay=".1" InitialCount="0" MinDistance="30" MaxDistance="2500" StopMethod="0" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="3" LifetimeVar="2" Speed="0" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="200" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="1" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="4" SizeVar="3" MaxSize="30" MaxSizeVar="10" GrowRate="1.05" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="8" RotationRateVar="4" FadeInTime=".1" InitialColor="254 249 24" InitialAlpha="180" Color="100 100 100" Alpha="100" FadeOutTime="1" FinalColor="255 255 255" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="flaksmoke2.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <Air_Smoke_Flak_SML_end3 ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="1" EmitterLifetime=".1" EmitterPosX="0.0" EmitterPosY="-.4" EmitterPosZ="-.6" ZBias="0.0" EmissionAngleHoriz="0" EmissionAngleVert="0" EmissionSpread="800" EmissionRate="0" EmissionRateVar="0" InitialDelay=".1" InitialCount="2" MinDistance="30" MaxDistance="2500" StopMethod="0" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="15" LifetimeVar="0" Speed="0" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="200" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="1" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="5" SizeVar="1" MaxSize="30" MaxSizeVar="10" GrowRate="1.05" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="8" RotationRateVar="4" FadeInTime=".1" InitialColor="241 182 41" InitialAlpha="120" Color="5 5 3" Alpha="240" FadeOutTime="3" FinalColor="75 100 103" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="flaksmoke3.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <Air_Smoke_Flak_SML_end3a ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="1" EmitterLifetime=".1" EmitterPosX="0.0" EmitterPosY="-.4" EmitterPosZ="-.6" ZBias="0.0" EmissionAngleHoriz="0" EmissionAngleVert="0" EmissionSpread="800" EmissionRate="1" EmissionRateVar="1" InitialDelay=".2" InitialCount="0" MinDistance="30" MaxDistance="2500" StopMethod="0" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="3" LifetimeVar="2" Speed="0" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="200" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="1" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="3" SizeVar="2" MaxSize="30" MaxSizeVar="10" GrowRate="1.05" GrowRateVar="0" RotationRate="8" RotationRateVar="4" FadeInTime=".1" InitialColor="241 182 41" InitialAlpha="120" Color="200 200 200" Alpha="100" FadeOutTime="1" FinalColor="255 255 255" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="flaksmoke2.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>

And this

<engine_fire_smoketrail_l ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="1" EmitterLifetime="0" EmitterPosX="0" EmitterPosY="0" EmitterPosZ="-1" ZBias="0.1" EmissionAngleHoriz="180" EmissionAngleVert="90" EmissionSpread="35" EmissionRate="50" EmissionRateVar="15" InitialDelay="1" InitialCount="0" MinDistance="30" MaxDistance="3500" StopMethod="1" ZSort="1" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="9" LifetimeVar=".1" Speed="12" SpeedVar="2" MaxSpeed="1000" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="-1" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="1" Gravity="0" Drag=".001" DragDelay="1.25" InheritVelocity="0" Size="4" SizeVar="1.6" MaxSize="24" MaxSizeVar="12" GrowRate="1.6" GrowRateVar=".48" RotationRate="30" RotationRateVar="20" FadeInTime=".4" InitialColor="87 65 45" InitialAlpha="150" Color="150 150 150" Alpha="50" FadeOutTime="5" FinalColor="75 100 103" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="dr_smokeballs.DDS" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <engine_fire_smoketrail_long_m ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="0" EmitterLifetime="0" EmitterPosX="0" EmitterPosY="0.0" EmitterPosZ="0" ZBias="0.1" EmissionAngleHoriz="180" EmissionAngleVert="90" EmissionSpread="40" EmissionRate="13" EmissionRateVar="4" InitialDelay="1" InitialCount="0" MinDistance="10" MaxDistance="3500" StopMethod="1" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="6" LifetimeVar=".6" Speed="2" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="1300" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="0.0" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0.0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="6" SizeVar="1" MaxSize="16" MaxSizeVar="5" GrowRate="2" GrowRateVar=".05" RotationRate="30" RotationRateVar="15" FadeInTime=".4" InitialColor="150 150 150" InitialAlpha="0" Color="150 150 150" Alpha="50" FadeOutTime="1.5" FinalColor="0 0 0" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="cloudpuff.dds" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <engine_fire_smoketrail_long_s ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="0" EmitterLifetime="0" EmitterPosX="0" EmitterPosY="0.0" EmitterPosZ="0" ZBias="0.1" EmissionAngleHoriz="180" EmissionAngleVert="90" EmissionSpread="40" EmissionRate="13" EmissionRateVar="4" InitialDelay="1" InitialCount="0" MinDistance="10" MaxDistance="3500" StopMethod="1" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="6" LifetimeVar=".6" Speed="2" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="1300" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="0.0" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0.0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="4" SizeVar=".8" MaxSize="16" MaxSizeVar="5" GrowRate="2" GrowRateVar=".05" RotationRate="30" RotationRateVar="15" FadeInTime=".4" InitialColor="150 150 150" InitialAlpha="0" Color="150 150 150" Alpha="50" FadeOutTime="1.5" FinalColor="0 0 0" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="dr_light_smoke.dds" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <engine_fire_smoketrail_main_m ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="0" EmitterLifetime="0" EmitterPosX="0" EmitterPosY="0.0" EmitterPosZ="0" ZBias="0.1" EmissionAngleHoriz="180" EmissionAngleVert="90" EmissionSpread="0" EmissionRate="77.6" EmissionRateVar="13.5" InitialDelay="1" InitialCount="0" MinDistance="10" MaxDistance="3500" StopMethod="1" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="1" LifetimeVar=".2" Speed="2" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="1300" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="0.0" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0.0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="2.2" SizeVar="1" MaxSize="20" MaxSizeVar="2" GrowRate="3" GrowRateVar=".05" RotationRate="15" RotationRateVar="8" FadeInTime=".3" InitialColor="150 80 40" InitialAlpha="80" Color="150 150 150" Alpha="30" FadeOutTime=".5" FinalColor="128 128 128" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="dr_smokeballs.dds" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>
    <engine_fire_smoketrail_main_s ClassName="ParticleEffect" EmitterShape="sphere" EmitterRadius="0" EmitterLifetime="0" EmitterPosX="0" EmitterPosY="0.0" EmitterPosZ="0" ZBias="0.1" EmissionAngleHoriz="180" EmissionAngleVert="90" EmissionSpread="0" EmissionRate="50" EmissionRateVar="13.5" InitialDelay="1" InitialCount="0" MinDistance="10" MaxDistance="3500" StopMethod="1" ZSort="0" UprightSprite="0" RandomStartRotation="1" RandomRotationDirection="1" Lifetime="1" LifetimeVar=".2" Speed="2" SpeedVar="0" MaxSpeed="1300" MaxSpeedVar="0.0" Accel="0" AccelVar="0.0" AccelTime="0.0" Gravity="0" Drag="0" DragDelay="0.0" InheritVelocity="0" Size="1.9" SizeVar="1" MaxSize="20" MaxSizeVar="2" GrowRate="3" GrowRateVar=".05" RotationRate="15" RotationRateVar="8" FadeInTime=".3" InitialColor="150 80 40" InitialAlpha="80" Color="150 150 150" Alpha="30" FadeOutTime=".5" FinalColor="105 105 105" FinalAlpha="0" Texture="dr_smokeball.dds" BlendMode="QuadSprite"/>

Hope this help.

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi thanks for all the info Wiekniera.

James, you can always use your favourite file comparison software to check what is different, before accepting the changes. I use Winmerge but I think you said you had a different one?

What is interesting to me is that it has been a while since anyone actually changed the fxtextures, so bravo, Wiekniera!

Thanks wiekniera. Just what I wanted.

@ David. Yes, that was my next step and may do it anyway. I just thought others may also want to do this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Hi thanks for all the info Wiekniera.

James, you can always use your favourite file comparison software to check what is different, before accepting the changes. I use Winmerge but I think you said you had a different one?

What is interesting to me is that it has been a while since anyone actually changed the fxtextures, so bravo, Wiekniera!
    Your welcome Dai !! feel free to update as i feel this's "AS IS" (experimental stuff), still couldn't find the right RGB code for smoke in the effects.xml so i leave it to 0 0 0 based on google ...im not expert with all of this stuff but seems it's just my experiment idea.

@mongoose
    Anyway what's scarecrow bomber?

Btw i change all those clouds into fluffy clouds which i like the most and that's why i also include weather folder.

Members who have read this thread: 0