Prepar3D V4.4 with PBR Engine Released

Thread: Prepar3D V4.4 with PBR Engine Released

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Prepar3D V4.4 with PBR Engine Released

Prepar3D V4.4 just released with full PBR support. Looks like I'll be doing a clean install...again.

From the P3D Latest News:

"A focal point of this release is the core rendering engine has been updated to fully support Physically Based Rendering (PBR) laying the groundwork for next-level realism and unparalleled graphical fidelity in a full earth simulator."
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I read the SDK last night. Looks like it's slightly different than DCS or War Thunder as far as how they use RGBA but the nice thing is all you need to do is swap locations of your various channels
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Very excited about this! Wondering what else they've changed!

Priller

Hoping LM will someday add self reflection as in War Thunder and iL2 Sturmovik. It's stunning to look at!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

So what do you boys think of the PBR effect as seen on the F-16 in v4.4 ?..... Does it cover your expectations ??...

Here's what *i* see on my machine about that after updating client and content to 4.4 :

Pretty bad, huh..... ( as in quite wonderful really )

Very curious about how other models will look with PBR activated.

Thanks for these big screens ! Finally I can see the effects of this PBR. Believe it or not, these are actually the very first screenshot I see about the 4.4 Falcon...

One question though: did they rebuild the VC model?
    The reason I ask: yesterday, I have tried this F-16 for the first time, in P3Dv4.3 (client is 4.4, but content is still 4.3), with a VR helmet.
    I realized that the virtual cockpit is too small ! It is made for a kid or some very small person, probably
    Basically, it's out of scale. Completely.
    Because of this, it's unusable in VR... I was hoping this plane would get some model update in 4.4, perhaps ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    So what do you boys think of the PBR effect as seen on the F-16 in v4.4 ?..... Does it cover your expectations ??...

Here's what *i* see on my machine about that after updating client and content to 4.4

Those are fantastic caps Jan. I'm going to be downloading tonight, then the install will take a couple of days to get everything plugged in. I've been converting all of my work to PBR for the last few months. This week I completely renovated my KBIH Easter Sierra Regional scenery to update the buildings and ground polys for full PBR. I've been focusing on this for quite a long time now, so I'm very excited to see the results.

Once the sim is up to full song, I'll shoot some caps and video of a full PBR scenery and one of my PBR aircraft.

Glad to see you share the enthusiasm I do for the PBR engine.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post

Here's what *i* see on my machine about that after updating client and content to 4.4 :

Totally unrelated to the current topic, but relevant to those who will utilize PBR for aircraft texturing, and more specifically Military Aircraft. I have a real problem with artists who feel the need to "dirty up" the appearance of fighters as though by their very nature and type of role they play it will show how "used" they are.

After 26 years of working on Fighters, from the F-100 to the F-16 and many in between, there isn't a Crew Chief worth his salt that would allow his airplane to look like the ones depicted here. It makes no difference if it's here at home base or somewhere in some far flung desert base. Two things are always on their minds "Corrosion control and cleanliness". Airplanes are cleaned daily before and after sorties (wiped down, grease spots or fuel streaks eliminated. . .canopy transparencies wiped and polished intermittently). Aircraft also get a visit to the wash rack at predetermined intervals. CC's take great pride in maintaining "their airplane" and having it not only Combat ready at all times but also devoid of any corrosive sediment, oils, moisture etc.

So please consider what actual aircraft really look like when doing your repaints. Just because it's an airplane that's been in-service for 20 years, doesn't mean it's supposed to show that many layers of dirt.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Members who have read this thread: 1