Quote Originally Posted by centuryseries View Post
Rick, I've taken the A-12 out in P3D V4.4 and everything works, while I have the SDK, are you saying that PBR can be applied to an aircraft without modifying the aircraft mdl file?

If so that's great, would like to see what the bare metal A-12 would look like. Might give me some ideas for one of my two possible next projects, (U-2C)....
Unfortunately, no. (Isn't it always the case!) The MDL must be modified with the PBR materials added. Even in my example above, the model itself is not exported correctly. The PBR is done correctly but I've messed up on some other things, giving me some transluscent areas inside the VC when viewed from outside. I'm sure it's something straight forward and simple that I simply didn't do in the conversion with MCX. However, my 3D modeling skills are not the same as my Texturing skills. So gman_5250 or another Modeler using PBR might need to answer your export questions. However, the A-12 is one that I'm longing to see with PBR!

I used MCX to convert an existing .mdl file. It would be much better to apply the settings in 3DS max and then export into the sim from the source file as gman has done with his test example.