Just Flight Avro Vulcan released!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Flight Avro Vulcan released!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Just Flight Avro Vulcan released!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Great news,
    but my wallet is blooding when I see the price ....
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

A few screenshots:

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Lovely howl on take-off:

Just in case you were wondering...:

K2:

MRR:

$60 US !!??!!
    Too pricey for me.

Ditto for me!

Looks amazing but at $75 US ($99 Canadian) with the expansion pack, way too expensive for me.
    I'll wait for a sale!
    Last edited by thunderstreak; November 29th, 2018 at 13:47.
    I7-6700K @ 4.3, ASUS Z170-P, 32GB DDR4 2133, RTX 2070 8GB, Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv5.3 HF2

Me Too. Wonder who will be the first to break 100 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Me Too. Wonder who will be the first to break 100 bucks?
    I worked on the Vulcan many years ago and have over 150hrs on her. This simulation is fantastic. I can remember siting in the left hand seat and pulling the fuel panel up, the detail is exact. The smell is indescribeable. You can smell the screenshots! For me a work of this quality is worth every penny.

Rgds Eric

50€ for the base pack alone... You can buy a whole flightsim for that money...

Priller

Think I'll have to wait for a sale before I buy it, I appreciate the work that goes into making them but the price does seem a little steep.

I agree with you guys in general. Yes, it's a lot of money but looking at those screenshots it's obvious that a lot of effort and attention to detail has gone into the development of this add-on. If the flight systems and flight dynamics are as accurate as the modelling and texturing then I think the price is about right. I think we flight simmers expect too much for too little most of the time. If I had the money I'd gladly pay it but I think I'll wait to see if it appears in a sale probably sometime later in 2019. I can wait.

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Phwoarrrrr! That VC is exceptional! I still remember the first sight of XH558 approaching Leuchars from the SE and how alien she looked. Is it too much to ask JF if they'll fit her out with lasers and death rays like I almost expected the real thing to deploy when in range?

Quality will out!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I dont deny the quality, it is exceptional and I wanted this one from the first notification so had signed up for email notification, but flight simming is for fun and entertainment to me.
    If prices dont return to normal for addons then I cant continue with it.
    I don't deny the work in creating it, but it is just an addon.

Looks great and the price is equivalent to a Chinese meal for two which only lasts for a few hours.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

OH please give up.

If you cannot afford it tough but do not knock the product just cos you aint got the cash.

It is suberb and well worth the money.

Cheers Chris

Cold War Icon very well reproduced!

Blog Entries
    I am not knocking the product. I agree it is excellent and said as much.
    I am complaining about the excessive pricing of some addons, including, in my opinion, this one.

I just looked up your profile on SOH.
    It says under the friends tab "
    speedy70 has not made any friends yet" ….
    I can see why

Pretty hilarious coming from a guy who has just as many "friends". Who even uses that idiotic metric for evaluating anything meaningful, most especially someone's character?

Here's a clue, don't obfuscate with a cheap shot at another member when the fact is that you're unable or unwilling to pay for a product that operates within the confines of a consumer-driven market. No one cares what addon you can or won't afford any more than no one cares that last year I really wanted a new Subaru WRX but my budget called instead for a new VW Jetta.

For my part, I'm still evaluating a potential transition to P3D, so until I solidify the sim platform, I'm not buying any more addons. But when the time comes, I have no doubt this will be a purchase for me, as Cold War iron is squarely in my wheelhouse of interests. Measured on a $/hours-flown basis, a good quality "study sim" addon that gets a few hundred hours or more of use always ends up a positive purchase for those honest enough with their expectations of how much they'll use it.

I'm passing on it at present for strategic sim decision / timing reasons, but not because I believe it's not worth it to hardcore "Tin Triangle" fans.

dl

gary20,

There is no need for a remark like yours about Chris.

Cees

Fantastic release indeed Just Flight. My Cold War hangar is filling nicely and was really missing the former Iris/Milviz Vulcan. Thank you for also releasing another superb cross platform gem. Will sit nicely next to my Lightnings.

Regarding price, is a bit high but the trend in most things related to this hobby in general are rising too. As much as we would all love to see the lower price points, I suspect this is becoming a lesser reality if one truly wants a more in depth sim. I am ok in supporting something as well modeled as this piece of virtual machinery.

@ Delta_lima, good reply Sir.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Pretty hilarious coming from a guy who has just as many "friends". Who even uses that idiotic metric for evaluating anything meaningful, most especially someone's character?

Here's a clue, don't obfuscate with a cheap shot at another member when the fact is that you're unable or unwilling to pay for a product that operates within the confines of a consumer-driven market. No one cares what addon you can or won't afford any more than no one cares that last year I really wanted a new Subaru WRX but my budget called instead for a new VW Jetta.

For my part, I'm still evaluating a potential transition to P3D, so until I solidify the sim platform, I'm not buying any more addons. But when the time comes, I have no doubt this will be a purchase for me, as Cold War iron is squarely in my wheelhouse of interests. Measured on a $/hours-flown basis, a good quality "study sim" addon that gets a few hundred hours or more of use always ends up a positive purchase for those honest enough with their expectations of how much they'll use it.

I'm passing on it at present for strategic sim decision / timing reasons, but not because I believe it's not worth it to hardcore "Tin Triangle" fans.

dl
    Speaking of Tin Triangles, I think they have a Javelin in the works too.

Was really hoping for a Black Friday release, but with the C-119 and E-2/C-2 out last week I'm glad it didn't! I know what I'm getting this weekend though!

Whilst some may find it a tad expensive others will not, it's all about personal perspective on what you are interested in. For my two cents worth, it is worth the price they have set. Truly quality add-on. I can only imagine what it would be like in VR.

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    gary20,

There is no need for a remark like yours about Chris.

Cees
    Yes, it was out of order.
    I've deleted it and offer my apologies.

pricy though;would have to wait for a sale/

Members who have read this thread: 0