Just Flight Avro Vulcan released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Flight Avro Vulcan released!

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Pricing is a problem for many of us. The products are superb but $$$ getting out of hand.

i remember when $50 was extraordinary for an add on. Now, I just don’t buy anymore. I miss the new stuff.

P.S. I have never spent $60 on a Chinese meal ever.

Looks like an absolutely top shelf product. Ok, so if it were $39 folks would be all over it. So it seems there is a $20 pain threshold to overcome. (equal to 4 rotisserie chickens at Costco, or my income tax break from the Donald) That's the extra value cost for something quite unique. So get out there and buy it people. I want to see screen shots and lots of them. BTW, have you seen the prices for add on spaceships in Star Citizen? Some cost as much as a car. Screen shots people. Show me screenshots. And good ones too. Now off for some General Chicken and pork fried rice.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

we can probably agree that money and affordability have different meanings to different people...

This model looks amazing and the subject is without question one of the most iconic air frames ever created -

My criteria is detail and functionality. If an aircraft I want captures the prototype well AND delivers low impact on my hardware I will buy it eventually.

When it comes to the money I try to remember the time and effort it obviously takes to make a decent product for this flight sim. If a developer charges at a certain level one expects a certain quality.
    If it is lacking and there is no attempt on the part of the developer to rectify that - or that is a consistent complaint against a particular developer, they wont stay in business.

We can say these things without insulting each other...some day
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I agree, it is a great looking addon. And I can afford it. But when the price of an addon is higher than that of a whole sim, there is a problem.

Priller

Im sure, the model is very nice done and this complexity costs a lot of time and money.
    Maybe Just Flight Team could think about demo version also to "try before buy" (like few his addons)? It would be a bit of a compromise. Just idea.

Regards,

I love big delta .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

For that price, what does this plane brings, in terms of features ?
    Because yes, the model looks cool, ok.
    But what else ?
    Does it use TacPack, coupled with precise weapon systems ?
    I hope it's not another JF Tornado...

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Detailed Description

MODEL

• Accurately modelled Avro Vulcan B Mk. 2, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft (XM655)
    • Many detailed animations, including:
      - Crew door
      - Bomb bay doors
      - Multi-position airbrakes
      - Multi-stage brake parachute
      - Deployable ram air turbine (RAT)
      - Variable-speed wipers
      - Tilting main landing gear
      - Flying controls (including elevons)
      - Animated pilots
      - Retractable taxi/landing lights
    • A range of payload options:
      - Blue Steel nuclear stand-off missile
      - 1000lb bombs
      - WE.177 nuclear bomb
      - Saddle bomb bay tanks
      - Cylindrical bomb bay tanks
    • Different aerial, refuelling probe and other external parts providing several configurations
    • Olympus 201 and 301 engine nozzle types
    • Ground equipment, including Houchin GPU and Palouste compressor for engine start
    • 4096x4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
    • Bump and specular mapping used throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel

COCKPIT

• A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled ejection seats and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
    • Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
    • Interactive engine start checklist
    • Checklists for every stage of flight
    • Panel state system which will automatically save the panel state whenever a flight is saved and reload the panel state whenever that flight is loaded
    • Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between 'cold & dark' or 'ready for take-off'
    • with realistic consumption based on altitude – watch the oxygen quantity drop with usage
    • Realistic V/UHF radio unit – save and recall commonly used frequencies
    • Fully functioning magnetic indicators, warning lights and push-to-test buttons
    • No detail is too small – even the option to switch between day and night modes on the landing gear indicator is included!

AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS

• Custom-coded fuel system – fuel tank groups, transfer and crossfeed
    • Custom-coded electrical system

LIVERIES

The Vulcan B Mk2 is supplied with eleven paint schemes covering its life in RAF service:

• XM655 (XM655 Maintenance and Preservation Society)
    • XL426 (Vulcan Restoration Trust)
    • XH562 (Kiwi roundels)
    • XL361 (anti-flash white)
    • XH538 (white belly)
    • XM607 (Red Flag)
    • XH534 (No.230 OCU, RAF Coltishall)
    • XM600 (No.9 Squadron, RAF Cottesmore)
    • XM607 (Black Buck)
    • XL426 (anti-flash white)
    • XH558

OTHER FEATURES

• Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data
    • Authentic sound set
    • Custom sounds for switches, wipers and more
    • Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
    • PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Priller View Post
    I agree, it is a great looking addon. And I can afford it. But when the price of an addon is higher than that of a whole sim, there is a problem.

Priller
    I agree - my threshold is somewhere around $30 so I love a good sale.
    I would also say that prices like the one for this model make me appreciate the people who create really amazing pieces available as freeware !!

A while back I stopped buying planes and helo's for flight sim and focused more on the terrain and environmental programs. I have more aircraft parked on storage drives
    than 'in use' as it is - and what good is a terrific airplane if all you have to fly over is the gawd awful place mat scenery?

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Priller
    The price of an addon being superior to the price of the sim is not a problem at all, provided the addon includes enough things to justify that price. In mind I have the PMDG or FLabs airliners, or the F-18 VRS with the TacPack for example.
    But for a plane that is simply pretty, that's another story.

According to the description posted above, this aircraft has nothing special beside a very good 3D modelling and custom sounds.
    I might buy it when some sales happen in future. I won't buy it at that price.

I have bought the vulcan myself and was unsure if it could live up to the price tag. I can honestly say it is an amazing addon and will be regular flyer for me. For someone that has been involved in the restoration of XL426 which has been featured it amazes me to see the level of detail that they have gone to like including the names of the volunteers who have worked on XL426 that have passed away

when the price of an addon is higher than that of a whole sim, there is a problem.
    Sorry, but that's a category error.
    MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I shall rush off and buy it....like any consumer product.....demand matching price.....if you want it you will have it.
    If that F105 Thud that's in the works ever sees light of day.....and is the same quality of work as this...I'd pay TEN TIMES AS MUCH for it.....yes, fair-dinkum, no BS....

A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

Dave

Vulcan Menu Options

I know this question belongs over at the Just Flight forum, but this place is easier to navigate thru ..... and one won't have to wait long for an answer

Just bought this beauty for the hanger and heck if I can find the "panel" that reads Add-ons Just Flight Vulcan - Panel State "cold and dark" ... "ready for takeoff" etc... this menu allows you to select panel states and various options. The directions states "When the Vulcan is loaded in P3D or FSX a new entry will appear in the "addons menu called Just Flight Vulcan ?? ... not seeing it ??

Cheers

I don't have the model myself, but usually You'll find something in the programs menu of windows.

Did you try to cycle the different ctrl+x (whereby x is a figure)? Normally that brings up different menus.

Priller

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    I know this question belongs over at the Just Flight forum, but this place is easier to navigate thru ..... and one won't have to wait long for an answer

Just bought this beauty for the hanger and heck if I can find the "panel" that reads Add-ons Just Flight Vulcan - Panel State "cold and dark" ... "ready for takeoff" etc... this menu allows you to select panel states and various options. The directions states "When the Vulcan is loaded in P3D or FSX a new entry will appear in the "addons menu called Just Flight Vulcan ?? ... not seeing it ??

Cheers
    After loading up the Vulcan, open up the main menu with the Alt key. You will see an "Options" selection which will take you to the "JF Vulcan" options.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

.... thank you Warhorse47, seldom do I use this feature !

Cheers

I may have missed something but is there a shortcut key for the chute?

Quote Originally Posted by DaleRFU View Post
    I may have missed something but is there a shortcut key for the chute?
    Shift + / (Spoiler Arm) for the Brake Chute
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Ganter got lucky today and got to sit in the real thing...

picture share

Grimly functional but astonishingly beautiful.

(still shaking slightly)
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

It's a shame that Just Flight didn't model the rear crew positions.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    It's a shame that Just Flight didn't model the rear crew positions.

Dave

Either way Dave, the five of you in that cockpit I was in today would have to be very good mates. It was incredibly cramped and quite claustrophobic with its all black interior and mountains of electronics and cabling and this and that. Imagine sitting shoulder touching shoulder in all your flight gear with the bulkhead inches away and just the glow from radar, nav and bomb sights.

Awesome.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganter View Post
    Either way Dave, the five of you in that cockpit I was in today would have to be very good mates. It was incredibly cramped and quite claustrophobic with its all black interior and mountains of electronics and cabling and this and that. Imagine sitting shoulder touching shoulder in all your flight gear with the bulkhead inches away and just the glow from radar, nav and bomb sights.

Awesome.
    Don't forget that the three guys in the rear weren't blessed with ejector seats. They had to get out through the hole in the floor -- and if you were doing a low-level exercise.....

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0146.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	65381

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Don't forget that the three guys in the rear weren't blessed with ejector seats. They had to get out through the hole in the floor -- and if you were doing a low-level exercise.....

Dave

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0146.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	65381
    and that could have been 5 in the back with the jumpseat and visual bomb aimer positions filled.

Ttfn

Pete

ps. Dave, love that signature piccy, might just have to grab a copy myself

Members who have read this thread: 0