Concorde X - Looking for feedback

Thread: Concorde X - Looking for feedback

Concorde X - Looking for feedback

Has someone tried Fligh Sim Labs Concorde X?
    I need suggestions / impressions
    Thank you
    The more you do, the less you dream

My brother used to fly that addon quite a lot, as it was his personal favorite.
    The model is superb and the realism level is extremely high.
    The only things I personaly disliked were:
    - the impact on the FPS: you need a serious CPU
    - the fact that you must use the 2D panels in addition to the VC, because not all controls are modeled in the VC (it was due to some limitation in FSX if I remember correctly). My brother didn't care about this, but for me it was a no-go
    If you are looking for a realistic Concorde, the FSL one if your only option anyways.

Hi!

I fly the FSLabs Concorde a lot. It is simply the best rendition of Concorde so far. It flies very precisly the way the original did and most systems have been modeled to the highest fidelity. It is quite hard work to get to learn to fly it and the proper handling of all the systems (the virtual FE is a great crew mate to have!), but once you got the hang of it, it is absolutely fantastic.
    If you are interested in experiencing how it was to fly Concorde, this is second only to the original Concorde simulator now in Brooklands and of course the original aircraft.
    One of my all time favourites in FSX!!!

Best regards,

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Has someone tried Fligh Sim Labs Concorde X?
    I need suggestions / impressions
    Thank you
    I have it as well. Very in depth simulation with a fantastic VC and modeling. It is hard to fly as you are both the pilot and flight engineer and reading the manual is a must. I have yet been able to go supersonic as I always pitch forward. Haven't mastered the whole fuel transfer routine yet. The only bug I've noticed is that when I run tower view on my second screen and I'm flying from the VC the AB flames aren't visible. If I go from the VC to an external view they become visible again. (This just may be my machine. My video card just my not be up to snuff.) It is pricy, but in this case you get what you pay for. (I also have the very nice Guzman_Artes freeware Concorde if I want to bomb around without any hassles.)

+1 to everything above. Without a doubt one of the most challenging AC to fly but don't let that turn you off, just expect to practice the tutorial segments several times as you get accustomed to the AC and its system flows. Great systems depth. The graphics are dated and as noted she is hard on frames; I'm on an old I2700K oc'd to 4.6 and frames are generally in the mid-teens which can be frustrating. But there's nothing else like her. I'm currently flying the Concorde LFPG-KBOS at 52,300 feet and mach 2.01, ground speed 1100 knots. Sublime.

Ok, thank you mates!
    Actually this iconic aircraft is very underrated/forgotten by simmers in general, (at least AFAIK).
    After those overall positive feedback I'm sure to buy it sooner or later !
    The more you do, the less you dream

Members who have read this thread: 0