P3D v4.4 Out

Thread: P3D v4.4 Out

Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

I have it, just not installed yet. Will be curious to see how others fair with this and current addons.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks like the drawing distance can be extended...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...les-from-beta/

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

I installed it carefully. Uninstalled/reinstalled Client, Content, and Scenery in that order. Followed directions on Lm site.

So far so good!

NC

New features seam awesome, just going to wait for ORBX and ActiveSky to release an update before I take the plunge.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Does TacPack work or are we gonna have wait for a recompile ?
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

TacPack does not work nor does F1 GTN 750. ORBX seems fine.

So far I am getting mixed signals from different users on social media, some are praising the new features, others are saying they're not seeing any significant change from 4.3 (bear in mind the latter wasn't explained in detail) but I am hearing definite bug reports from some addons not working to other minor to moderate issues with the program itself. I'm sure the addon devs will patch their products ASAP and LM will look into user bug reports. For now I'm going to hold off upgrading.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Before you upgrade, if you like flying the include Beechcraft planes, back 'em up in a different folder so you can re-install them because they aren't included in 4.4:

From the patch notes:
    Removed all Beechcraft (Textron) related aircraft and scenarios

its too bad they are removing the Beech aircraft, the A36 has become one of my favorites, but of course will back it up so I don't loose it.

Beechcraft must be now viewed as too much of a competitor to be included.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far...this is an extensive update.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Compatibility statement for my planes here:

https://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/2...statement.html

And some screenshots of unarmed aircrafts waiting for Tacpack to be updated...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image2.jpg   Image4.jpg   Image3.jpg   Image4444.jpg  

Great news, but I will wait with upgrading till add-on's I use are made compatible.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I only have one activation left for TackPack, and that expires on December 19th. I hope VRS updates it soon! NC

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    its too bad they are removing the Beech aircraft, the A36 has become one of my favorites, but of course will back it up so I don't loose it.

Beechcraft must be now viewed as too much of a competitor to be included.
    Competition has nothing to do with it. for many years Beechcraft was perfectly happy to see their aircraft in the simulator. However, after Textron took a controlling interest in the company, this changed everything. Textron will not allow anyone to simulate their products without paying a large percentage as a licensing fee.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I only have one activation left for TackPack, and that expires on December 19th. I hope VRS updates it soon! NC
    I don't think you have to use your activations from the Customer Portal to get P3Dv4 updates. I've always used the update
    downloads made available in the VRS forums. They've never required using an activation.

In fact if I remember correctly from my FSX days, I don't think the forum updates even require a non-expired licence. I think I was
    still able to download and install FSX VRS updates from the VRS forums after the licences for my FSX Tacpack and Superbug had
    expired. Maybe someone with a better memory than mine can confirm.

The VRS forum update downloads can be a bit hard to find sometimes, or at least I've always had to search around for them. But
    someone here at SOH usually posts a link.

-RM

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Competition has nothing to do with it. for many years Beechcraft was perfectly happy to see their aircraft in the simulator. However, after Textron took a controlling interest in the company, this changed everything. Textron will not allow anyone to simulate their products without paying a large percentage as a licensing fee.
    So if you want to fly around in a Cessna 172 or Beech Baron or a King Air, things that FSX came with, you now must purchase them as add-on aircraft. I dunno, I think that kind of bites and might make me think about different flight sims as I am also developing my specs for a new computer.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I understand the feeling but we should also try to consider the real facts here.
    Basically, regarding the Carenado airplanes, ok we loose the A36 but we can make a backup copy prior to uninstalling the 4.3 content, and then put that copy back in the sim after installing the 4.4 content.
    Additionaly, let's not forget the 4.4 content brings you yet another Carenado aircraft: the AC11. So thanks to your backup, you'll then get two Carenado aircraft for free...

Concerning the default Baron and Kingair, the same logic/technique applies to them. However, is it really worth the effort ? We're talking about default planes inherited from FS9. The Kingair is one of the most terrible models out there so it's really not a great loss. The Baron looked a bit prettier and had a nice-looking virtual cockpit... that is unfortunately totally out of scale and thus unusable in virtual reality.
    Seeing these two planes dissappear is not going to be a big drama, honestly.

Members who have read this thread: 0