Pilot's pan view without a 'twist' stick

Thread: Pilot's pan view without a 'twist' stick

Pilot's pan view without a 'twist' stick

Hi all,

Since installing pedals some time ago and having a stick that no longer 'twists', I no longer have the ability to pan quickly around the cockpit or outside. Is there

another way of getting this viewing option back, as I sorely miss it? Mouse?

Mal

Does your control stick have a pan switch? What model do you have? NC

Pan without a twist stick? Huh?

I've never heard of the twist function being used for anything except the rudder, though I suppose if one has rudder pedals they might be able to assign the twist function to something else if their stick allows that. If you did that in the past, like assigning the
    pan function to the twist, it sounds like it's time to change things back.

I've never heard of using anything but the hat switch for panning, whether in the 2D panel view or the VC. I believe that's what the hat switch is intended for. It's hard to imagine any other use for it
    . Once you expunge your old habit and form a new one, I think you'll find the hat switch very comfortable to use for panning. And it will pan up and down as well as side to side.

It would seem that all you have to do is is assign the pan view functions to the hat switch. Or back to the hat switch, since that's probably how the stick came out of the box when it was new.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Knickers in a twist

Thanks Mick and Navy Chief,
    I am working on it now.
    Tks again
    Mal

Members who have read this thread: 0