Jupiter2 (and sceneries) for FSX, Released

Thread: Jupiter2 (and sceneries) for FSX, Released

Jupiter2 (and sceneries) for FSX, Released

Hi (Lost-In-Space fans),

Together with Carl Reddin (a designer of the original "Pendercraft" design team), we have re-worked some Lost-in-space FS2004 addons for use in FSX.

I have just uploaded the following packages to the SOH library:
    - rcbj2-10.zip: The Jupiter2 aircraft.
    - rcbgso10.zip: various deep space (landable) sceneries, located all over the globe.
    - rcbalf10.zip: a functional Launchpad scenery for the Jupiter2

Enjoy ….

Rob

Thanks Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Thanks Rob.
    Hi Pete,

Hope you enjoy them.

Note: it's important you remove the bèta's from the FSX folder structure to avoid FSX still finding the old versions.
    The pathnames have changed, but the Title= defintions in the new aircraft.cfg file have not. So if you have saved J2-beta flight, they should still work.

I will also upload the Spacepod in a few days.

Rob

Will do,and thanks once again,and,I hope,I was some help to you.

Also looking foward to the spacepod.

Rob, I just wanted to say thank you for a delightful add on. It took a few minutes to figure out the nuances of the different flight regimes/modes. After getting the added scenery loaded I spent almost 45 minutes trying to manually land back on the launch facility in Fla. Then I RTM and discovered there was an AUTOLAND mode. That surely changed the work load and made it pleasant. Your Navigation gauge is very clever and slick. In fact, it's invaluable/indispensable when exploring extra terrestrial locales. It contains all of the essential data needed to pilot the craft from LEO to VHEO. I've had a lot of fun and looking forward to exploring some of the POIs in FSX that I never visited before. However, I did experience quite a few Framework errors (INT 16) that interrupted the flow, but I clicked "continue" and motored on. They occurred when I was selecting from the list of 40 targets, on occasion and at very high numbers (Vertical speed, longitudinal speed, etc) Just a distraction, didn't crash the system..I had much the same situation with Milton's X-3 in specific situations. Again, Thanks to you and your associates that put together this sleeper that's really very well done...Blue Skies........Terry
    Last edited by simtech; November 26th, 2018 at 22:03. Reason: additional data

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    Rob, I just wanted to say thank you for a delightful add on. It took a few minutes to figure out the nuances of the different flight regimes/modes. After getting the added scenery loaded I spent almost 45 minutes trying to manually land back on the launch facility in Fla. Then I RTM and discovered there was an AUTOLAND mode. That surely changed the work load and made it pleasant. Your Navigation gauge is very clever and slick. In fact, it's invaluable/indispensable when exploring extra terrestrial locales. It contains all of the essential data needed to pilot the craft from LEO to VHEO. I've had a lot of fun and looking forward to exploring some of the POIs in FSX that I never visited before. However, I did experience quite a few Framework errors (INT 16) that interrupted the flow, but I clicked "continue" and motored on. They occurred when I was selecting from the list of 40 targets, on occasion and at very high numbers (Vertical speed, longitudinal speed, etc) Just a distraction, didn't crash the system..I had much the same situation with Milton's X-3 in specific situations. Again, Thanks to you and your associates that put together this sleeper that's really very well done...Blue Skies........Terry
    Hi Terry,

Glad to hear you're having fun with it.
    But I'm curious to know what you mean by "Framework errors"
    Can you elaborate on that ?

As a sitenote: trying to do a manual landing on Launchpad scenery in Florida, is ( I admit ) probably the most difficult maneuvre you can do ...LoL

Rob

Hello, Rob, Yes, the "Framework" errors are a result of Microsoft's Framework routine that "may" be part of the " Visual C" package.I'm not that versed in Visual C+. I have noticed in a couple of addons, (the X-3, Jupiter2, and even the F-106) that when conditions get extreme.. very high speed, high ROC, high G-forces, I'll get a pop-up that says Framework error,.. integer 16 out of limits. If I select "quit", the program , FSX CTD. If I select "Continue" it will try to continue and generally keep popping up errors until I can manage to mitigate the extreme conditions.....reduce ROC, G's, or speed. Most of the time I'm able to recover fully after a few minutes of this batting back and forth with the pop up. The strange condition I noted with the J2, was I expected the extreme conditions to trigger the pop ups.. What I didn't expect was that I received a pop up stationary on the refueling station in space and I was selecting the next POI of the 40 loaded. For some reason I got that momentarily...Two minutes until I saw the ALFL facility and selected that. Didn't have any other pop ups afterward.. Hope this helps.. If need be, I can purposely try to do a screen capture. I'm running FSX-A on a lowly laptop...(been working its heart out for nine years on this program). I've had to make a few compromises, but overall, I'm satisfied until I can get the desktop up and running. Thank you for your interest.. and again, thank you for a neat fantasy escape..Terry

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    Hello, Rob, Yes, the "Framework" errors are a result of Microsoft's Framework routine that "may" be part of the " Visual C" package.I'm not that versed in Visual C+. I have noticed in a couple of addons, (the X-3, Jupiter2, and even the F-106) that when conditions get extreme.. very high speed, high ROC, high G-forces, I'll get a pop-up that says Framework error,.. integer 16 out of limits. If I select "quit", the program , FSX CTD. If I select "Continue" it will try to continue and generally keep popping up errors until I can manage to mitigate the extreme conditions.....reduce ROC, G's, or speed. Most of the time I'm able to recover fully after a few minutes of this batting back and forth with the pop up. The strange condition I noted with the J2, was I expected the extreme conditions to trigger the pop ups.. What I didn't expect was that I received a pop up stationary on the refueling station in space and I was selecting the next POI of the 40 loaded. For some reason I got that momentarily...Two minutes until I saw the ALFL facility and selected that. Didn't have any other pop ups afterward.. Hope this helps.. If need be, I can purposely try to do a screen capture. I'm running FSX-A on a lowly laptop...(been working its heart out for nine years on this program). I've had to make a few compromises, but overall, I'm satisfied until I can get the desktop up and running. Thank you for your interest.. and again, thank you for a neat fantasy escape..Terry
    Not sure what induces it; I have never heard of this before.
    Given the ago of your laptop, I assume you are using a 32-bit version of Windows (XP/W7) ?
    Maybe it has a relation with that.

Rob

Icon22

I'm just thankful it'll still play after ten years. Anyway, yes, 32-bit Win7. Has been pretty stable. These errors don't pop up very often, but when they do, they are more of an annoyance than anything. First time I noticed it I had done a high speed low level in Alaska and did a zoom climb and poof, up it popped. The second time was with Milton's X-3 coming into a high G turn.. I think the computer or airplane is telling me to lighten up. If I behave like a sane person would, I don't get them..But what's the fun of simming if you can't push the envelope occasionally??

Members who have read this thread: 0