Virtavia Avro Lincoln repaints

Thread: Virtavia Avro Lincoln repaints

Virtavia Avro Lincoln repaints

My last repaints! I promise!

I wanted to do one last set of "fun" repaints for myself before flying off into the sunset. Just an off the wall, no rules, no accuracy, goof-ball, totally goof-off set of repaints for myself. I chose the Virtavia Avro Lincoln (the long nose version) as it has a kind of Luftwaffe look to it, so I took advantage of that. Yeah, I had fun!

You can download the repaints at the Avsim Library. Search for the following files:

virtavia_avro_lincoln_02.zip

and my previous release

virtavia_avro_lincoln_01.zip

Tommy

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lincoln_969.jpg  
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510

Where you off to Tommy?

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Where you off to Tommy?
    Truthfully, nowhere. My responsibilities as a care provider have increased to the point where something had to give time wise. So, fight simming is out. I'm am still able to squeeze in some quiet time with my guitar, so hopefully I won't have to give that time up too.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Never stop playing if you can help it. During them 60s and 70s I layed bass professionally but then I stopped for quite a few years. Fortunately, I started playing again a few years ago and it's taken me some time to get my chops back. Now I play every day and will never quit again. Playing music is one of the joys of life. That and flying around in AH's unique choice of planes. Keep doing both.

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    Never stop playing if you can help it. During them 60s and 70s I layed bass professionally but then I stopped for quite a few years. Fortunately, I started playing again a few years ago and it's taken me some time to get my chops back. Now I play every day and will never quit again. Playing music is one of the joys of life. That and flying around in AH's unique choice of planes. Keep doing both.
    Thanks! I keep the thought.

Tommy
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

My flight off into the sunset was grounded due to some omissions / minor alignment issues / etc. that worked their way into my previous releases. I can tell my mind was and is still elsewhere at this point. In any case, I felt these issues needed to be addressed. Overall it's a much better and cohesive release, as it should have been from the get-go.

I've uploaded an update to Avsim's Library. I've combined all my repaints into one update. Search for the following file:

virtavia_avro_lincoln_03.zip

Among the items I dropped the ball on, was the shadowing layer on some of the repaints as shown below. DUH!

Tommy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lincoln_956.jpg  
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

I visited my friend over the weekend and couldn't resist firing up his flight simulator (as I no longer have mine) and taking some of my favorite aircraft for another spin. He still had many of my unfinished repaints on hand including the one noted below. I totally forgot about this one and I am glad he kept it. It was my early attempt at revising the bump maps, spec maps, adding bare metal effects, etc. Needless to say I didn't get too far and abandoned the project and went on the do the rest of my Lincoln repaints that I have released previously. In any case, some may still find this repaint interesting. It a fictitious Russian repaint reflecting an in-progress short nose to long nose conversion.

You can download the repaints at the Avsim Library. Search for the following files:

virtavia_avro_lincoln_04.zip

Tommy

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lincoln_939.jpg   Lincoln_942.jpg  
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Stopped by my friends again a few weeks ago to discuss guitars. Well, after we discussed guitar theory to death, I just couldn't resist fire up my old flight simulator again. His son likes flying around the Australian Outback and asked if I could conjure up something a lot more rough and tumble for his adventures around the Outback. This repaint was a group effort with too much beer drinking in the mix. We had fun talking about airplanes and guitars.

virtavia_avro_lincoln_05.zip

Tommy

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lincoln_905.jpg   Lincoln_904.jpg   Lincoln_903.jpg   Lincoln_902.jpg  
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    Logitech M510

Members who have read this thread: 0