INDIAFOXTECHO E-2 Hawkeye - C-2 Greyhound Released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: INDIAFOXTECHO E-2 Hawkeye - C-2 Greyhound Released

INDIAFOXTECHO E-2 Hawkeye - C-2 Greyhound Released

Dino has released his E-2 Hawkeye - C-2 Greyhound package. There may be multiple vendors carrying this prize.

Here is the link to SimMarket. CLICK HERE

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Crg! Too many new addons, too many new patches for favorites simulators in the last time.
    The Life is brutal !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Paintkit

For information a (much requested) paintkit will be released in the next few days - I just need some time to clean it up a little.

SOH-CM-2020
    Blog Entries

What a beautiful bird....l

Hi Dino...

simply beautiful .. and a top price performance ratio!

A big Thank you.

RS

Hawkeye has landed in FSX.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-11-24_16-50-49-183.jpg   2018-11-24_15-16-5-618.jpg   2018-11-24_17-10-27-660.jpg   2018-11-24_17-13-17-775.jpg  

Test flight complete out of NGU in the analog E-2 for now. A few small issues, but I feel this is the above standard quality from you and very happy you took on the project for let's be honest, not the most glamorous aircraft in the fleet, but 2 Grumman airframes with vital mission sets!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    let's be honest, not the most glamorous aircraft in the fleet, but 2 Grumman airframes with vital mission sets!
    ...that is precisely why I did them. With the VRS Superbug and my F-35, with this package we now have a good model for each of the fixed wing aircraft you may see on carrier deck nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    ...that is precisely why I did them. With the VRS Superbug and my F-35, with this package we now have a good model for each of the fixed wing aircraft you may see on carrier deck nowadays.
    we just need a Dino Skyhawk(s), Intruder, Crusader and Vigilante

Matt-- with you totally on ALL 3 of those requests!!!! (Personally, I'd swap the order of the Skyhawk and Crusader, but....whatever works!!!)

Kent

Hi Dino,
    any chances to have update for the rain effect for P3Dv4 owners?
    From now You can use ths free tool from A2A.

A2A Dynamic Rain Effects Released for FREE to developers:

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/...p?f=23&t=66613
    https://a2asimulations.com/product/a...ect-for-p3dv4/

C-2 and E-2 will look fantastic with this!

Cheers!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

@Yoyo

It is my intention to upgrade all of my fleet with that rain effect. As for the C-2 / E-2 is a little "early" since I prefer to wait a couple of weeks to make any upgrade to see if any major bug pops-up - this is specially important for this package since there are 4 different cockpit models...so upgrading takes a while.

Port engine issue

Hello All,

Bought these ladies on the weekend and mighty fine they are but for one thing !?!?

All of a sudden (today) I have no control over the port engine on both models ... starts up fine, goes to full RPM and stays there, no control thru my CH Throttle quadrant.

Crazy thing is the Starboard engine on both model functions just fine ?? Did a test hop on several other twin's in my collection and no such concern.

Just curious if anybody else has encountered this problem .....

PS - I have been using "control + shift + R - ready to start the engine's over the weekend with no issues.

Cheers for now

Quote Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
    Hello All,

Bought these ladies on the weekend and mighty fine they are but for one thing !?!?

All of a sudden (today) I have no control over the port engine on both models ... starts up fine, goes to full RPM and stays there, no control thru my CH Throttle quadrant.

Crazy thing is the Starboard engine on both model functions just fine ?? Did a test hop on several other twin's in my collection and no such concern.

PS - I have been using "control + shift + R - ready to start the engine's over the weekend with no issues.

Cheers for now
    Are the engine control levers either side of the throttles in the start pos not feather, that caught me out at first, as i have 3rd party gauge hardware that have a start dial which didnt do anything until i found those levers

It is my intention to upgrade all of my fleet with that rain effect.
    A2A is working on getting the rain effects for muilt-engined aircraft.

* From A2A...

As time goes on the plan is for the effect to evolve, to enable multi-engine aircraft etc.

* And from Lewis...

Well the effects are out there now, real easy to use and free to use, so we hope so too. Limited to singles for the moment, but that will change in the future.

thanks,
    Lewis - A2A

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Hello All,

Cheers for now
    Hi - the E-2/C-2 both use custom XML code to simulate the working of the condition levers, as such they may not be fully compatible with turboprop hardware controls. However if your were working fine, I do not think this is an issue. There are some instances in which the engines can get stuck for a while at 100% RPM - they will eventually get back to 60% as expected. Do not start the other engine until this happens. Note that, if you are using P3Dv4, there is an optional better model of the fuel flow gain that improves the engine performance - see chapter 1 in the manual.

Hi - the E-2/C-2 both use custom XML code to simulate the working of the condition levers, as such they may not be fully compatible with turboprop hardware controls. However if your were working fine, I do not think this is an issue. There are some instances in which the engines can get stuck for a while at 100% RPM - they will eventually get back to 60% as expected. Do not start the other engine until this happens. Note that, if you are using P3Dv4, there is an optional better model of the fuel flow gain that improves the engine performance - see chapter 1 in the manual.
    Getting stuck is the right comment, on one instance the port engine did come "unstuck" and settled down.... but just the one time so far. As per the manual I'm using the "auto start" control - shift- R ... when the right engine RPM is steady at 87%, start the left !! so your comment about don't start the right engine till the left one settles down is a bit confusing ?? Note - not using P3Dv4.....

Cheers for now

Getting stuck is the right comment, on one instance the port engine did come "unstuck" and settled down.... but just the one time so far. As per the manual I'm using the "auto start" control - shift- R ... when the right engine RPM is steady at 87%, start the left !! so your comment about don't start the right engine till the left one settles down is a bit confusing ?? Note - not using P3Dv4.....

Cheers for now
    Sorry - my bad about the RPM percentage. There were some last minute changes to the flight model so that the 87% is not accurate. On my system, in FSX-SE (Thurstmaster T.16000 with just throttle control), the engines settle at about 300 SHP, 71-74% RPM.
    I encountered the problem you mentioned only once during testing, cause unknown - the situation was solved by aborting the engine start procedure by cycling the condition lever (full forward, then feather and then RUN). On the second attempt the engine ran fine.
    There may be conflicts with prop-speed levers in some instances. Apart from that, all the cases of reported issues during start-up were due to the condition lever not being set to RUN.

Sorry I cannot provide a more meaningful feedback but I cannot replicate the issue.

Paintkit available on my blog:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/20...lease-and.html

...not the greatest of the paint kits, but I hope it is good enough.

Icon22

Sorry - my bad about the RPM percentage. There were some last minute changes to the flight model so that the 87% is not accurate. On my system, in FSX-SE (Thurstmaster T.16000 with just throttle control), the engines settle at about 300 SHP, 71-74% RPM.
    I encountered the problem you mentioned only once during testing, cause unknown - the situation was solved by aborting the engine start procedure by cycling the condition lever (full forward, then feather and then RUN). On the second attempt the engine ran fine.
    There may be conflicts with prop-speed levers in some instances. Apart from that, all the cases of reported issues during start-up were due to the condition lever not being set to RUN.

Sorry I cannot provide a more meaningful feedback but I cannot replicate the issue.
    Mr.Cattaneo,

First off , thank you for the prompt response to my snag, not often one gets to chat to the "developer" (himself) when problems arise.
    A quick cycling of the port condition lever (with engines running ) appears to have "unstuck" things and the RPM's have return to normal. Will amend my "start" checklist accordingly....

Cheers once again

Looks Good To Me

Paintkit available on my blog:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/20...lease-and.html

...not the greatest of the paint kits, but I hope it is good enough.
    Just opened up the paintkits and though not all of the weathering can be removed with a layer, they are very well done and exactly matching the textures makes painting so much easier than textures of puzzled pieces. Thank you for that and two great aircraft. I have a texture in mind for each that I did in the past for the Abacus Flightdeck 5 Greyhound and Hawkeye which were all there was for a very long time.

Richard

A Repaint As A Tribute

This repaint is a tribute to Rear Adm Sara A. "CLUTCH" Joyner. Adm. Joyner received her wings with TRARON 24 at Beeville, TX in 1991 after graduating with honors from the Naval Academy in 1989.

In 2013 she took command of Carrier Air Wing CVW 3 and deployed aboard the USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75) to the Arabian Gulf. She has flown the A-4E Skyhawk, the F/A-18 Hornet, Super Hornet and Growler.

She established her place in naval history as the first woman to command a fighter squadron, VFA-105 in 2010 and as the first female commander of a Carrier Air Wing (CAG).

She is now at the Pentagon in Washington DC.

I first did this repaint in 2014 for the AB FD5 C-2 Greyhound when with virtual CVW-3. I liked the contrast to the red/yellow/blue of the Rawhides of VRC-40 in the Mid East brown livery.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VRC 40 CAG Bird 1.jpg   VRC 40 CAG Bird 2.jpg   VRC 40 CAG Bird 3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Just opened up the paintkits and though not all of the weathering can be removed with a layer, they are very well done and exactly matching the textures makes painting so much easier than textures of puzzled pieces. Thank you for that and two great aircraft. I have a texture in mind for each that I did in the past for the Abacus Flightdeck 5 Greyhound and Hawkeye which were all there was for a very long time.

Richard

Richard,

I love the weathered look! Pete

Tried the paintkit today - pure fiction, but maybe sometime in the future ..... . The German Navy have a new "Toy". Thank you Dino for the great Hawkeye and the paintkit. Both are excellent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MFG3_02.jpg   MFG3_01.jpg   MFG3_03.jpg   MFG3_05.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Tried the paintkit today - pure fiction, but maybe sometime in the future ..... . The German Navy have a new "Toy". Thank you Dino for the great Hawkeye and the paintkit. Both are excellent
    Fireball,

Your avatar reminds me of one of the squadrons I was with, VA-15 Valions! NC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image015.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	65154

Great repaints gents and Fireball, I'm cool with fictional skins if they look the part. Based off GN P-3's, I could see the E-2 looking just like that. In my air wing, VAW-125 seemed to keep their birds clean, but the visiting CODs of VRC-30 were always rough! Bare minimum maintenance ashore!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0