Andrew Wai's new Bf-109G-6 models! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Andrew Wai's new Bf-109G-6 models!

With Andrew and the Daedalus team, our 109G cup runneth over with exquisite delights. Thank you all.

AW BF-109G6-.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - German

Description: AW BF-109G6 ERLA HAUBE - aircraft #3

Visual model : Andrew Wai

Textures : Phanis (oddysopitos@yahoo.com)

I have included one propeller disc file (YS2N1K1JAA4.bmp) painted by Kelticheart.

The rudder without the swastika is also included.

Damage profiles: Andrew Wai

Airfile by: Andrew Wai, it was tuned to fight against the stock CFS2 Zero aircraft in the multi-player mode. You can use any BF-109G6 airfiles.

2D panel: original design by 'mas' from Japan. I have modified it to be usable with this BF-109G6 aircraft.

The sound files are not provided, you can use the sound from the new BF-109G6 by the Daedalus Design Group. The drop fuel tank, centerline pylons and 250kg bomb used in the DP file are also designed by them. The 50kg bombs and rockets are designed by Simtech.

Special animation: Use wing fold command (Shift+W) to open/close the engine cover.

DISCLAIMER: Use this program at you own risks, the author is not responsible for any damages done to your computer.

This is a copyrighted freeware program. FREE DISTRIBUTION ONLY. You may upload or post this unmodified aircraft to any web sites. This program can not be posted where a fee of any kind is required or even nagged for. This includes disk distribution or any other kind of fees. It can not be included in a commercial package.

You are encouraged to modify the air file, dp file, 2D cockpit panel, and painting schemes. After all, that is half the fun of owning CFS2. You may upload the modified aircraft to any web sites under the following agreement :

1. You list me as the designer and Phanis as the original designer for all the art work.

2. Use a new aircraft folder name, do not use the aircraft folder name "AW BF-109G6-1."

3. Use a new aircraft name, do not use the aircraft name "AW BF-109G6-1" or "AW BF-109G6-1A."

4. You need to include this unmodified README file.

Have fun!

Andrew acwai@yahoo.com (Nov 2018)

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW BF-109G6-.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

AW BF-109G6-1A.zip

Description: AW BF-109G6 ERLA HAUBE - aircraft #4

Visual model : Andrew Wai

Textures: Phanis (oddysopitos@yahoo.com)

I have included one propeller disc file (YS2N1K1JAA4.bmp) painted by Kelticheart.

Airfile by: Andrew Wai, it was tuned to fight against the stock CFS2 Zero aircraft in the multi-player mode. You can use any BF-109G6 airfiles.

2D panel: original design by 'mas' from Japan. I have modified it to be usable with this BF-109G6 aircraft.

The sound files are not provided, you can use the sound from the new BF-109G6 by the Daedalus Design Group. The drop fuel tank, centerline pylons and 250kg bomb used in the DP file are also designed by them. The 50kg bombs and rockets are designed by Simtech.

Special animation: Use wing fold command (Shift+W) to open/close the engine cover.

DISCLAIMER: Use this program at you own risks, the author is not responsible for any damages done to your computer.

This is a copyrighted freeware program. FREE DISTRIBUTION ONLY. You may upload or post this unmodified aircraft to any web sites. This program can not be posted where a fee of any kind is required or even nagged for. This includes disk distribution or any other kind of fees. It can not be included in a commercial package.

You are encouraged to modify the air file, dp file, 2D cockpit panel, and painting schemes. After all, that is half the fun of owning CFS2. You may upload the modified aircraft to any web sites under the following agreement:

1. You list me as the designer and Phanis as the original designer for all the art work.

2. Use a new aircraft folder name, do not use the aircraft folder name "AW BF-109G6-1."

3. Use a new aircraft name, do not use the aircraft name "AW BF-109G6-1" or "AW BF-109G6-1A."

Have fun!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW BF-109G6-1A.zip

AW BF-109G6-3.zip

Description: AW BF-109G6 ERLA HAUBE with wing cannons - aircraft #7

Visual model: Andrew Wai

2D panel: Original design by 'mas' from Japan. I have modified it to be usable with this BF-109G6 aircraft.

You are encouraged to modify the air file, dp file, 2D cockpit panel, and painting schemes.

After all, that is half the fun of owning CFS2. You may upload the modified aircraft to any web sites under the following agreement:

2. Use a new aircraft folder name, do not use the aircraft folder name "AW BF-109G6-3."

3. Use a new aircraft name, do not use the aircraft name "AW BF-109G6-3" or "AW BF-109G6-3A."

Have fun!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW BF-109G6-3.zip

AW BF-109G6-3A.zip

Description: AW BF-109G6 ERLA HAUBE with wing cannons - aircraft #8

Airfile by : Andrew Wai, it was tuned to fight against the stock CFS2 Zero aircraft in the multi-player mode. You can use any BF-109G6 airfiles.

2D panel: Original design by 'mas' from Japan. I have modified it to be usable with this BF-109G6 aircraft.

You are encouraged to modify the air file, dp file, 2D cockpit panel, and painting schemes. After all, that is half the fun of owning CFS2. You may upload the modified aircraft to any web sites under the following agreement:

2. Use a new aircraft folder name, do not use the aircraft folder name "AW BF-109G6-3".

3. Use a new aircraft name, do not use the aircraft name "AW BF-109G6-3" or "AW BF-109G6-3A."

Have fun!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW BF-109G6-3A.zip

Lovely work Andrew. Thank you!

Your work is fantastic Andrew, thank you for sharing your work with us.

msfossey

Excellent work, they look beautiful.

Thanks for the nice comments!

The image for AW BF-109G-6-3 was wrong. I wish Rami could fix it and replace it with this image.

AW BF-109G14.zip

Description: AW BF-109G14 with wing cannons - Aircraft #9

Visual model: Andrew Wai.

Damage profiles: Andrew Wai.

Airfile by: Andrew Wai, it was tuned to fight against the stock CFS2 Zero aircraft in the multi-player mode. You can use any BF-109G14 airfiles.

2D panel: Original design by 'mas' from Japan. I have modified it to be usable with this BF-109G14 aircraft.

The sound files are not provided, you can use the sound from the new BF-109G6 by the Daedalus Design Group. The drop fuel tank, center line pylons and 250kg bomb used in the DP file are also designed by them. The 50kg bombs and rockets are designed by Simtech.

Special animation: Shift+W to open/close the engine cover.

2. Use a new aircraft folder name, do not use the aircraft folder name "AW BF-109G14" or
    "AW BF-109G14A."

3. Use a new aircraft name, do not use the aircraft name "AW BF-109G14" or "AW BF-109G14A."

Have fun!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW BF-109G14.zip

AW BF-109G14A.zip

Description: AW BF-109G14 with wing cannons - Aircraft #10

Textures : Phanis (oddysopitos@yahoo.com)

Damage profiles : Andrew Wai

Airfile by: Andrew Wai, it was tuned to fight against the stock CFS2 Zero aircraft in the multi-player mode. You can use any BF-109G14 airfiles.

2D panel: Original design by 'mas' from Japan. I have modified it to be usable with this BF-109G14 aircraft.

The sound files are not provided, you can use the sound from the new BF-109G6 by the Daedalus Design Group. The drop fuel tank, center line pylons and 250kg bomb used in the DP file are also designed by them. The 50kg bombs and rockets are designed by Simtech.

2. Use a new aircraft folder name, do not use the aircraft folder name "AW BF-109G14" or "AW BF-109G14A."

3. Use a new aircraft name, do not use the aircraft name "AW BF-109G14" or "AW BF-109G14A."

Have fun!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW BF-109G14A.zip

AW BF-109G14-1.zip

Description: AW BF-109G14 ERLA HAUBE with wing cannons - Aircraft #11

Visual model: Andrew Wai.

Damage profiles: Andrew Wai.

2. Use a new aircraft folder name, do not use the aircraft folder name "AW BF-109G14-1."

3. Use a new aircraft name, do not use the aircraft name "AW BF-109G14-1."

Have fun!

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit AW BF-109G14-1.zip

Thank you very much for these Messerschmitt BF-109's Andrew. Can't wait to install them and fly.

Come to think about it, I haven't flown any German aircraft since CFS1 approx. 15 years ago!

Thanks again.

Pat

Wow! Thank you Andrew, your work is fantastic. Very detailed models with immersive VC's. Really ejoy flying them.

msfossey

Been going at these AW 109 birds hard in QC lately with my venerable AW P51D. They certainly have interesting flight models as ACM goes, but my problem is persistent CTD's whenever i load up 6v8 or 8v8 in intense furballing, no matter the geo-location.

On the other hand, using the same squad on squad numbers, fighting against the BF-109G6 models by team Daedalus goes without a hitch. I can fight against these models wave after respawning wave without any system hiccups.

I suspect either a heavy poly count in the detailing of the visual model (???) or something amiss in the dp - most likely the latter - because the random CTD's happen mostly whenever i hit them with a hard burst of gunfire or they crash. Anyone else seeing this? Will investigate further...

Meanwhile, keep up the good work Andrew

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Question

BC,
    If it is the DP then possibly it is the BREAK entries. There are three break entries for the wing breaks 1,2 and 4. Obviously as it has breaking parts, it has to have those, but try removing those entries, and see if that stops the CTD.

TBH, if that cures it then great, you're not missing much.

Cheers

Shessi

A solid idea...i was thinking more about delving into the EFFECTS entries in the system Parts. Sometimes an error in this area can cause a hiccup when activated... thanks Shessi

Andrew’s model does have a big poly count I assume because it was originally made for FS2004 and meant to have a lot of eye appeal detail. The cockpi alone illustrates how it is meant to be appreciated.

By contrast the Daedalus 109 series is optimized for CFS2 with a strict poly count budget and SCASM optimization. We strive for the best balance possible to make an accurate detailed model that flies well and is very frame rate friendly. So it’s designed for CFS2 fur balls while still having a lot of accurate eye appeal.

PS I’m hoping Andrew will release the Hellcat model he and his team did.
    Cheers,

Captain Kurt
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Fly, you fools!" Gandalf the Gray

The original models were created for FS2004.

I had lowered the poly counts on the 3rd and 4th LOD models. I am consistently getting over 40-60 fps on an old Windows XP computer with 2 gb ram.

When I used it on my 5 years old Windows 7 PC with 6 gb ram and a Radeon HD7350 graphics card, it is very stable.

I think the crashes are due to low PC memory or the graphic card does not have enough memory.

Andrew, Your Radeon HD7350 graphics card's max supported memory is between 512MB and 1024MB. My old Nvidia GTS 250 maxes 1024MB, supported by 3GB system memory in XP x86 and 8GB in Win7 x64 (dual-booting). I don't see a whale of difference between your specs and mine. Besides, FR are not my problem. Even in XP i'm hitting 40-60 in furballs with your models. That's why i was a bit hesitant about blaming the instability entirely on visual model detailing. At this point, based on past experiences, i can see that its something specifically in the construct of the model or the dp. However, getting back to the aforementioned FS2004 origins, i did gain some scasm insight into your g6 erla cannon.mdl and and found crash_detect parameters in the GUID section. This little FS2004 bug has been commonly known around the "CFS2 conversion corp" to cause CTD's with AI taking damage or crashing in CFS2 combat. I cleaned that up with some improvement, but its not the complete solution yet at this point. It killed the CTD but i did get a screen freeze. So its back to the DP. I'll keep you posted... CheerZ!

Members who have read this thread: 0