What happened with Hovercontrol?

Thread: What happened with Hovercontrol?

What happened with Hovercontrol?

It appears gone. I was going to ask what they thought of the Milviz Huey redux

Quote Originally Posted by joe bob View Post
    It appears gone. I was going to ask what they thought of the Milviz Huey redux
    Surprised but yes, appears to have indeed gone. Could just be a server down.

If it has gone it's another good site gone like so many in the last couple of years. I got many good tips and FDE's from it. It convinced me to persevere with helos and I'm glad I did. They're a major part of my simming these days.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

I always thought helo's were worthless in the simulation, until I found that site. Now I land helo's on rooftops and oil rig platforms. Sadly, it appears that they are no longer around.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Who is data hovercontrol.com

According to whois data the site name was renovated 11 days ago for another year so perhaps they are updating their site . Here is the data?

Domain Name: HOVERCONTROL.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 79397176_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.tucowsdomains.com
    Updated Date: 2018-10-22T15:45:16Z
    Creation Date: 2001-11-06T21:38:04Z
    Registry Expiry Date: 2019-11-06T21:38:04Z
    Registrar: Tucows Domains Inc.
    Registrar IANA ID: 69
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
    Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
    Name Server: NS1179.DNS.DYN.COM
    Name Server: NS2128.DNS.DYN.COM
    Name Server: NS3151.DNS.DYN.COM
    Name Server: NS4147.DNS.DYN.COM
    DNSSEC: unsigned

Quote Originally Posted by dougbr2005 View Post
    According to whois data the site name was renovated 11 days ago for another year so perhaps they are updating their site . Here is the data?

Domain Name: HOVERCONTROL.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 79397176_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.tucowsdomains.com
    Updated Date: 2018-10-22T15:45:16Z
    Creation Date: 2001-11-06T21:38:04Z
    Registry Expiry Date: 2019-11-06T21:38:04Z
    Registrar: Tucows Domains Inc.
    Registrar IANA ID: 69
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
    Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
    Name Server: NS1179.DNS.DYN.COM
    Name Server: NS2128.DNS.DYN.COM
    Name Server: NS3151.DNS.DYN.COM
    Name Server: NS4147.DNS.DYN.COM
    DNSSEC: unsigned

Good recon Doug,

Let's hope that's the case.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

I was on there only a few s days ago there was no indication they were shutting up shop as it were.

Updating a site is not taking two whole days. I fear we have lost this resource.

Cees

Can somebody get in touch with the administrator,and find out what's happening?

George Arana (Eagle Rotorcraft) a longtime contributor to Hovercontrol said the owner hasn't been around for quite some time. The fact that no one from the site has come forward to announce any problems (hackers, etc) or being down for maintenance also suggest it isn't just a minor problem. I would consider Hovercontrol a major site though and if gone for good a terrible loss to the community.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    George Arana (Eagle Rotorcraft) a longtime contributor to Hovercontrol said the owner hasn't been around for quite some time. The fact that no one from the site has come forward to announce any problems (hackers, etc) or being down for maintenance also suggest it isn't just a minor problem. I would consider Hovercontrol a major site though and if gone for good a terrible loss to the community.
    Lets keep our fingers crossed,and hope for the best.

I've sent a email request thru contactprivacy.com about hovercontrol.com. They will contact the owner but doesn't guaranty a responce to my email.

I follow the instructions provided here.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I've sent a email request thru contactprivacy.com about hovercontrol.com. They will contact the owner but doesn't guaranty a responce to my email.

I follow the instructions provided here.
    Hope for some answer. . .one way or the other. I've also reached out to Jordan Moore to see if he has any info. Found a contact through one of his posts on Youtube. As with yours though, no guarantee that he'll answer.

Current System Specs:

Jordan Moore is the owner of HC, hes been inactive with the site for a number of years. He very well maybe unaware of the site's status, Ive spoken with other HC admins via FB and they dont know whats going on

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Jordan Moore is the owner of HC, hes been inactive with the site for a number of years. He very well maybe unaware of the site's status, Ive spoken with other HC admins via FB and they don't know whats going on
    lol, lol. . .the Admins don't know what's going on? Isn't that part of their job as Admins? So someone or something causes a major website to go down. . .the Boss is nowhere to be found and the Admins are clueless? Either there's a long string of stupid going on here or the site will suddenly pop back on and it'll be like nothing happened, lol.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    lol, lol. . .the Admins don't know what's going on? Isn't that part of their job as Admins? So someone or something causes a major website to go down. . .the Boss is nowhere to be found and the Admins are clueless? Either there's a long string of stupid going on here or the site will suddenly pop back on and it'll be like nothing happened, lol.
    I thought that would be obvious that the key people have been absent the past few yrs, as theres been very few non spammer/bot posts and almost no upload approvals in over 12mths

there were only 3 key people for HC since i joined it in 2004, i speak to one regular basis and he admits the others have other lives to live, it might be a case the web fees are due and jordan isnt aware or jordan is away for a extended period of time, or its been hacked, or worst case Jordan has moved on

Since the rise of FSX , HC has never been the same

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    . . . . .I speak to one regular basis and he admits the others have other lives to live, it might be a case the web fees are due and Jordan isn't aware or Jordan is away for a extended period of time, or its been hacked, or worst case Jordan has moved on. . .
    As I mentioned above George Arana told me that the main guy (I did not know that this meant Jordan) has not been around for several years now as he has family. That apparently means he's not around at all any more otherwise Hovercontrol would be online.

Current System Specs:

fair to say thats correct

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    I hope that SOMEBODY can rescue this site. A major resource for copters.

Members +

The best heli resource I have known about

This site is what got me flying helicopters, and what made me believe you could really learn to hover in the sim and then do it for real first time. After about a year or two (don't remember exactly anymore when I WASN'T flying choppers) of simming using pedals and separate throttle/joystick, I proved it by hovering a s300cbi in a variable 10kt wind at Cherry Ridge. The instructor was impressed, and I gave credit to Hovercontrol, and even gave him a printout from the website of one of Jordan's letters describing how this was possible. I never went through Hovercontrol's training program and now I am sorry if I might have missed the chance forever, since now I think I would be able to do everything they teach in the first level.

I know a few of the HC long timers frequent this site, like myself. You can get plenty of correct/incorrect rotary knowledge here.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Looks like Hovercontrol might be gone for good. I didn't realise it was down until I went to search for a file.

More info can be found here:

https://www.helisimmer.com/editorial...-hovercontrol/
    "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss"
    — Douglas Adams, 'The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'

Back end pages still work !!!!

Searched google found back end pages that still open here is a screen I just took .

Strange they haven't taken it all down !!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hc.jpg  

So is there anywhere else to download their helicopters?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    So is there anywhere else to download their helicopters?
    I think that all the fles is forever lost
    I upload a lot of my files (helicopers and repaint) in this website and now all is lost.
    But now I upload my others files on Avsim

I was able to recover a lot of files through the Wayback Machine. Several of the downloads, however, weren't covered. I'll try to put together a list of what I found and what I couldn't find over the next couple of days. I was mainly interested in the FSX uploads.

Members who have read this thread: 2