AH C-119 Flying Boxcar released
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: AH C-119 Flying Boxcar released

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar

AH C-119 Flying Boxcar released

Just a heads up. The AH C-119 Flying Boxcar has been released and is available at: https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_boxcar.php.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Just a heads up. The AH C-119 Flying Boxcar has been released and is available at: https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_boxcar.php.

Not yet. May want to wait awhile. I've been trying to purchase it for over an hour and this is what I get:

Best to wait a while.

AH is aware of the unannounced issue and has no control over it.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Not yet. May want to wait awhile. I've been trying to purchase it for over an hour and this is what I get:

Best to wait a while.

AH is aware of the unannounced issue and has no control over it.

Wait for the Just Flight store. I can use points. ;-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Yes, sorry about this people. They don't tell us when they are doing this stuff. It is beyond our control. All we hope is that it will not be long.

No problem Baz. Just knowing this great aircraft is finished and almost ready for purchase is good enough. No doubt we are all watching and waiting patiently. Well almost patiently.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I believe all is well now, thanks for your patience.

Ahhh, Christmas comes early this year :-) Great news.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Picked it up last night after Sellfy started working again. Great exterior model, AMAZING VC, great soundset. A true workhorse.

Notice one small anomaly. The inside polys of the right nose gear door are not showing up. May not have been attached to the animation or something.

bandicam 2018-11-22 10-41-31-440

We have just uploaded a small patch.

1) Front nosegear door corrected.
    2) Rear left jump door now visible and functioning until you select paratroops for drop. It will then be removed.
    3) Small adjustment to inner glazing in interior
    4) Pilot and CoPilot sliding windows - corrected animations.

Available now as a re-download.

Thanks.

Oh, dear. Did anyone notice the overhead magnetic compass? I do believe its indicating backwards.

<<Sorry, Baz. I meant to report it earlier but got sidelined by family and some turkey >>
    -- WH

There's a hot-fix for the compass, available from Selfy download site. All buyers will receive an email shortly on how to get it. This is just the mdl which fixes the compass problem. Sorry all, our net had a hole in it.

Oops!

Thanks Baz,

I jumped the gun a bit and purchased last night. Downloaded twice to my Users\Download file, but cannot get the exec to install. Will try again when the dust settles as I don't want to expend any more downloads. Has anyone else had similar problems Looks great though!!

Not available for sale in Europe from the developer and not available for sale anywhere else.

Is there a reason for this ?

Quote Originally Posted by Catboat View Post
    Thanks Baz,

I jumped the gun a bit and purchased last night. Downloaded twice to my Users\Download file, but cannot get the exec to install. Will try again when the dust settles as I don't want to expend any more downloads. Has anyone else had similar problems Looks great though!!
    The latest downloads from Sellfy are missing the file extension. In other words if you add ".exe" onto the download it should execute properly, at least it did for me.
    -- WH

YEAH!! BLACK FRIDAY!!!!!! Been waiting on this one and downloading now!!!! Sounds like Dino's E-2, C-3 is coming out this weekend too (and hopefully the AH/JF Vulcan as well). My (and probably quite a few other people's) weekend is starting off pretty darn good!

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    There's a hot-fix for the compass, available from Selfy download site. All buyers will receive an email shortly on how to get it. This is just the mdl which fixes the compass problem. Sorry all, our net had a hole in it.

Co-Pilots air speed indicator has no reading.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by GB View Post
    Not available for sale in Europe from the developer and not available for sale anywhere else.

Is there a reason for this ?
    Why we dont sell to EU: It's all in the FAQ ( or should I say more detailed ) but it boils down to EU VAT laws being too difficult for small overseas companies to do business there.
    As for the other stores : Black Friday. They all were notified at the same time as we released. We're putting it down to them all very busy with sales... plus the weekend.

Looks and flies great Baz but it is a FPS killer on my machine with the setting as is. Time for a new video card! I still can't start the engines manually. Usually the starter torque being .03xx instead of .3xxx is the culprit, but not here. Time to re-****!

Hi Josh, yes these models are at the top end range for size and complexity. Also PBR style textures tend to put pressure on cards. Not wishing to teach granny but are you switching on starter then "mesh and hold" for long enough? They don't start instantly, needing quite a few prop turns before firing during which time you must keep holding down the mesh switch.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Co-Pilots air speed indicator has no reading.
    We have just uploaded a small Hot-fix for that (as per last for a download) and also have adjusted the fuel economy/flow to give a more economical burn. We do use book values but sometime the sim just can't interpret what you want..

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Hi Josh, yes these models are at the top end range for size and complexity. Also PBR style textures tend to put pressure on cards. Not wishing to teach granny but are you switching on starter then "mesh and hold" for long enough? They don't start instantly, needing quite a few prop turns before firing during which time you must keep holding down the mesh switch.
    I count 16 blades before I release the mesh switch. I did see the part about having the fuel selectors on "outboard" which I wasn't doing but to no avail. How many revolutions does it take to wake up a sleepy 4360?

Nobody to post a vid please?

Cheers

Pat
    DCS 2.5 - P3D V3&V4 - XPlane11 - Il BoX - Il46 Sturmovik - Windows 10 64 bit, Intel core i7-4720HQ, CPU 2.6 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980M.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    I count 16 blades before I release the mesh switch. I did see the part about having the fuel selectors on "outboard" which I wasn't doing but to no avail. How many revolutions does it take to wake up a sleepy 4360?
    You must have missed something Josh. Battery? Ignition Master?, Mixtures (tried using Ctrl/Shift/F4?), Props? Got fuel? Haven't used the Cold Dark switch? Could be anything mate. You can't buy a "bad" one, they don't go off on the shelf...

Blog Entries
    Fantastic!!!

On top of my "git-r-done" shopping list. Beautiful work...again gentlemen.

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

A great airplane. I noticed, though, that the General Description lists the fuel tank capacity as 2,800 US Gallons, yet the aitcraft config is set for 2,016 gallons. Just wondering why the difference? Looks like the data in the General Description (and in the PDF document) was taken directly from Wikipedia as the wording is almost verbatim.

I have been flying with her for two days now and have yet to be able to reach a cruise speed of 200 KIAS. I can achieve the expected climb speeds and settings, but once leveling off at 10,000 feet it seems no matter what the trim, rpm, mixture, and MP I set will get me anything more than 170 KIAS...and that was at full throttle, which certainly won't get me anywhere near the range of 1,770 miles (1538 NMs). I tried the suggested MP of 44 and RPM of 2,550 and barely got 150 KIAS. Gear was up, flaps were clean. Fuel saving settings of 40.5 and 2,310 got me 139 KIAS...a far cry from 200 KIAS expected.

Then I tried everything in between that I could think of and still got nowhere near 200 KIAS, usually slowing to point of stall speed before having to go to full throttle to keep from falling out of the sky.

Any tips and pointers?

Randy
    Randy Tyndall
    It's congenital really. We're an aspiring species that doesn't have wings. What else would we dream of?-Mark Vanhoenacker, British Airways B747 pilot

Members who have read this thread: 3