AH C-119 Flying Boxcar released - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AH C-119 Flying Boxcar released

my aha moment

I've discovered that if I want a texture that only drops troopers to drop a jeep, is to add to the model= section of the aircraft.cfg model=cargo and it will then have no doors
    with a jeep in it and it is converted to a jeep dropper. That works for me.

This one was originally a troop dropper only but converted to a jeep dropper:
    I changed the title to read: title=AH_Fairchild C119F Vietnam Cargo
    and add model=cargo in the aircraft.cfg file, Now I can choose this particular texture to drop just troops or just a jeep
    (I had to duplicate the first original one and add cargo to the model section)
    So it would seem that this logic would apply to any of the other troop droppers.
    When I first read about the "configuration tool" in the manual, I had this notion that one could configure any of the supplied aircraft to drop troops or a jeep.

Very nice gray eagle, that looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Very nice gray eagle, that looks great!
    Thanks eddie.

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Jankees, there is a problem with this texture. It will not load into FSX. Something to do with the "thumbnail".
    Aeroplane Heaven C-119 USAF #132.zip

Looks like a slight ooopsie!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	65736
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Maybe your install corrupted? Nothing wrong here.

I get this message: "Central & local directory mismatch for file 'texture, jk, USAF_132thumbnail.jpg (crc32-local:COB14D4D hex central 9CD6B5F4'
    hex. Severe error: Local & central CRC values don't match.
    I Ive never seen this message before. All other Jankees paints have been loaded without any problems. Anybody got any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    I get this message: "Central & local directory mismatch for file 'texture, jk, USAF_132thumbnail.jpg (crc32-local:COB14D4D hex central 9CD6B5F4'
    hex. Severe error: Local & central CRC values don't match.
    I Ive never seen this message before. All other Jankees paints have been loaded without any problems. Anybody got any ideas??
    Delete the offending thumbnail.jpg file. I just created a new one.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    HUH? Was that the way it was spelled?

The manual must have been written by Englishmen. (They spell tire with a "Y" too. Actually makes sense to me to differentiate between "tire" and "tyre") English is weird. Lead and read. If you lead a person, they've been led, but if you read a book then it has been read. (Unless you've dropped it in the paint, then it is red.)

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Indeed, but then there is "schedule" - pronounced "skedule" by Americans, "shedjule" by the English.

When Dad was in SE England waiting to cross the Channel into Europe, they used to ask the British folks who used their pronunciation, "Where did you learn to talk like that - in shool? (school)"

George Bernard Shaw was right when he described the English and the Americans as two peoples separated by a common language.

PS - In my many jaunts through manuals and descriptions of instrument panels during the years I've been into flight sims, I've run across the interchangeable terms "light" and "lamp" when describing lights (or "lamps") on the subject panel. Will someone please tell me what the difference is?

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Indeed, but then there is "schedule" - pronounced "skedule" by Americans, "shedjule" by the English.

When Dad was in SE England waiting to cross the Channel into Europe, they used to ask the British folks who used their pronunciation, "Where did you learn to talk like that - in shool? (school)"

George Bernard Shaw was right when he described the English and the Americans as two peoples separated by a common language.

PS - In my many jaunts through manuals and descriptions of instrument panels during the years I've been into flight sims, I've run across the interchangeable terms "light" and "lamp" when describing lights (or "lamps") on the subject panel. Will someone please tell me what the difference is?
    Schedule! In Jurassic Park when Dr. Grant and Satler first meet John Hammond he says "schedule" both ways. "Correcting" himself from Kings to American mid-sentence so they can presumably understand what he means. You also just reminded me of the language conversion chart at the beginning of Haynes manuals! (Specific emphasis on the use of the word "torch"!) Jeremy Clarkson also likes to make fun of how we pronounce "Jaguar".

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    You know, I forgot that torch/flashlight thing, as much as I did the spanner/wrench conflict as well. Then there the American "al-TIMiter" vice the English "ALTI-meter."

But all this pales in comparison to the plight that has been visited upon our stalwart friend, the little monkey who accompanied George Kennedy without complaint while the both of them were stuck in the desert fixing up this Phoenix creation.

He hasn't been included in the passengers spread along the wing!!

Calamity!

Do we go back and get him?

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    WarHorse, I got the same msg as Charlie. You mention eliminating the thumbnail.jpg file. I've transferred the offending file to the desktop in an attempt to eliminate that .jpg.

EDIT: No sweat. I just figured it out. JK was considerate enough to include some other screenshots for us to use.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    You know, I forgot that torch/flashlight thing, as much as I did the spanner/wrench conflict as well. Then there the American "al-TIMiter" vice the English "ALTI-meter."

But all this pales in comparison to the plight that has been visited upon our stalwart friend, the little monkey who accompanied George Kennedy without complaint while the both of them were stuck in the desert fixing up this Phoenix creation.

He hasn't been included in the passengers spread along the wing!!

Calamity!

Do we go back and get him?
    Oh, and aloo-mini-um! I think the monkey is a goner. Stalwart watchdog of an abandoned plane....

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Oh, and aloo-mini-um! I think the monkey is a goner. Stalwart watchdog of an abandoned plane....
    We started on the monkey but... if you run the exterior as the interior and look at the people very closely... The passengers all look like mike myers whereing a mask of mike meyers wearing a human mask. The monkey started to look like some sort of rat faced gremlin from the labyrinth movie. George Kennedy would have dropped the abomination off the edge of the wing as soon as he could in fact its face looked a little like this ->

The Phoenix

Thought I'd post some pics of the C-119 transformed as the Phoenix -

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    We started on the monkey but... if you run the exterior as the interior and look at the people very closely... The passengers all look like mike myers whereing a mask of mike meyers wearing a human mask. The monkey started to look like some sort of rat faced gremlin from the labyrinth movie. George Kennedy would have dropped the abomination off the edge of the wing as soon as he could in fact its face looked a little like this ->
    When putting this all together, did anyone entertain adding the bits left over from the C-119 (C82) as the Phoenix was firing up? I supposed that would entail
    extra code plus a commit to adding scenery location. Just an afterthought..... I just locate the Phoenix at/near "OEBA" Saudi Arabia and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    When putting this all together, did anyone entertain adding the bits left over from the C-119 (C82) as the Phoenix was firing up? I supposed that would entail
    extra code plus a commit to adding scenery location. Just an afterthought..... I just locate the Phoenix at/near "OEBA" Saudi Arabia and go from there.
    And a LOT of work. The phoenix was about a 3 day job from start to finish with a further 1/2 day to convert to PBR. We really couldnt spend any more time than that on it.

I think people would expect the spars from the attachment points on the fuselage to be there and the damage, the dead engine , the pulley system they used to winch the wing over etc. Just not going to make it in the time period allocated for something that is really just a piece of silliness!

Quote Originally Posted by pilto von pilto View Post
    And a LOT of work. The phoenix was about a 3 day job from start to finish with a further 1/2 day to convert to PBR. We really couldnt spend any more time than that on it.

I think people would expect the spars from the attachment points on the fuselage to be there and the damage, the dead engine , the pulley system they used to winch the wing over etc. Just not going to make it in the time period allocated for something that is really just a piece of silliness!
    True...true...it all stems from a fictional account of a movie but, the effort to recreate this for a sim is appreciated.

could it do the texture of the C-82 of the Brazilian Air Force?

English is not my native language, I ask your indulgence.
    Correct me, if you will.

I'll see what I can do, but first this one (still wip):

jk7279

and I still need to finish this one;
    jk7270
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

I guess I need to get me glasses changed, these pictures of the Boxcar sure looks great to me as is hehe. Thanks

ok, check your glasses and spot the difference:
    PH001

N15 05

Members who have read this thread: 4