D501 preliminary out

Thread: D501 preliminary out

D501 preliminary out

Hello,

The Dewoitine d501 is available in version 0.9 on the website of the "Royale French Navy".

http://royalefrenchnavy.restauravia....ations.htm#Avi

Some screens ..

It is still incomplete due to the lack of documentation on certain specificities but we are still looking for.

The D500 family represents what was best in the early 30's in terms of fighter in France. Compare with the Boeing P26 Peashooter contemporary and you can get an idea of ​​the talent of its designer Emile Dewoitine.

The flight model of JP Bourgeois is very realistic if one refers to the data of the time. Powerful and lightweight, with a fixed pitch propeller, no flaps, it's hard to slow down to get the landing speed. It's true to reality. Plan for a final approach of 140/150 km/h for a landing at 120 km/h.

Consult the summary documentation in French. If you do not read French, any translator will get you out of trouble.

The selection of the weapons is carried out, round counters are active (500 for the machine guns and 60 for the canon), keyboard command for shoot = arming spoilers.

The modeled instruments (gauges) are consistent with the real ones.

Fuels tanks are selectable : all, center or wings (left and right simultaneous) so are the tank gauges (center + right tanks or left+ right tanks).

The work is still in progress, the complete D500 series is planned.

A regrettable omission has been made in the documentation. The model uses Doug Dawson's formidable sound management module.

JMC

Thanks JMC, its always very nice to see new models which are not main stream.

Cheers,
    Huub

Likewise, many thanks JMC.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Blog Entries
    Quite the change from what ive been flying. Its beautifully done. Thank you sir..
    Pam.

I just found this, my compliments!

A beautifully rendered model, inside and out. I don't know so much about the plane, but the flight model seems very "right", very well done.

For the sim, the pilot has great visibility from the cockpit, making this a great plane for scenic touring. It's a real treat to see the '501 spring from the grainy black and white photos in old books, and come to life again.

A real evocation!

Certainly a keeper, I'll put some flight hours on this delight.

Gaston, thank you for your generosity, your hard work and artistry is most appreciated!!

Cheers!

Hello,

Bonsoir Gaston,

-Superbe machine!
    Félicitations pour ce travail!
    J'adore!

Alain
    -

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    This era is really not my cup of tea but I liked the look of the plane. Glad I downloaded it, it is superb and a keeper.
    what a beautiful job you did with this. My thanks.

JMC, like B52bob this type airplane isn't my normal cup of tea, but I had to give it try and I am really enjoying it. The only thing that I don't find enjoyable is the wind noise. There's a break in the loop that is quite obvious and after the first flight I found myself paying more attention to the pause than to the scenery below me or the beautiful VC. I have tried everything to eliminate the wind noise (commented out all references to wind in the sound config file and removed all wind soundfiles from the main sound folder). . .yet the wind noise persists. I hope that sound isn't part of the mdl file, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    JMC, like B52bob this type airplane isn't my normal cup of tea, but I had to give it try and I am really enjoying it. The only thing that I don't find enjoyable is the wind noise. There's a break in the loop that is quite obvious and after the first flight I found myself paying more attention to the pause than to the scenery below me or the beautiful VC. I have tried everything to eliminate the wind noise (commented out all references to wind in the sound config file and removed all wind soundfiles from the main sound folder). . .yet the wind noise persists. I hope that sound isn't part of the mdl file, lol.
    Hello,

No the wind sound is not part of the model but a gauge done with D Dawson module. You can stop this by commenting "gauge05=D500!vent, 0,3,4,4" in the panel.cfg section VC.

"vent" is the French word for "wind" (lol)!

JMC

Thanks JMC, yep, was just coming back to the forum to say I had found the culprit. Thanks!

Current System Specs:

I have done a translation of the various documents and combined them into a PDF file to include the screen shots. If someone would like to read it over and suggest changes where necessary I will be glad to make the corrections and then post for any folks who want it. Also can someone explain what "Viet" stands for? If I try to translate it says it's Vietnamese, lol
    Last edited by falcon409; November 25th, 2018 at 11:57.

Current System Specs:

Hello,
    Thank's for the translation! Viet is a trademark for an air compressed engine starter.
    This equipment was standard in French aircraft of the time. It is possible to simulate this engine start.
    JMC

I made some changes, corrected some typos. . .here's an updated version. As I said. . .I'm looking for suggestions, changes in how I translated the French language to English. It's not always easy to decipher what even the translation might mean so I took my best shot. If nothing needs changing, that's great but if it does, point it out and I'll fix it.

Current System Specs:

Brilliant work JMC, thanks

It must have been cold out there

...At least the big Vee-twelve would keep your feet warm.....

Members who have read this thread: 0