You guys are in for a treat! Dino's E-2 hawkeye
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You guys are in for a treat! Dino's E-2 hawkeye

You guys are in for a treat! Dino's E-2 hawkeye

Hi all, Dino released his beta 2 version of the E-2 Hawkeye tonight. What a great plane. Tremendous visuals and just the right balance of complex vs simple / intuitive that make his work so much fun.

Thanks for your kind words... we are almost there!
    There are some minor things to be fixed, but hopefully the release build will be ready during the weekend!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E2Hawkeye313.jpg  

Great work Dino.

Waiting for the Hummer! Hopefully someone can do a slew of colorful VAW repaints, the E-2s never really had to deal with the drab tactical paint scheme.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Definitely on the top of my purchase list

The only thing that might beat you Dino is the B24, B25 or P39

But i think your safe for the meantime

...well, after the final checks, I think the only thing left to do is to complete the manual. Hopefully I should be able to release the package during the weekend.
    By the way, the package will also include the C-2 Greyhound.
    Both the C-2 and the E-2 will come with 4-bladed and 8-bladed props, and with both analog and EFIS-equipped cockpits.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Imageaa3.jpg   Image336.jpg   Image53.jpg   Image8.jpg  

Two in One (x2) ! IMO the best choice
    The more you do, the less you dream

Has it been determined how much this will cost?
    ***** knowing that anything Dino puts out is worth every penny*****
    Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

Price will be in line with my previous offerings.

Will it be ok in FSX.

Cheers Chris

Yes, it should be OK with FSX - works better with P3D4.3 for some improvements in the turboprop fuel flow gain.

Hi Dino,

So, both models with shared cockpit and the same frames of windshield from VC view?
    As I remember in the pool the winner was "as real as it gets", so the one external model with proper VC.

I miss something or did You change this idea?
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

@Yoyo

I have carefully considered the features of the package - given the commonalities between the two aircraft, publishing separate packages still seemed a rip-off to me, even if many customers might have been willing to pay twice.
    The compromise solution I have found is that, while most of the cockpit is common, the engine instruments (which are the biggest difference) are unique to each aircraft... so the cockpits are not completely authenthic but they are quite close to the real deal - to achieve this I has to build some "modularity" into the models, but I think it was the best solution.
    ...and while I am writing this the final installer is being completed ;-)!

...and truth to be told, C-2 and E-2 pilots involved in the testing both praised the look and feel of the aircraft and the cockpit, so I guess that the final result is acceptable.
    And then I am done with turboprops - back to jets!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    @Yoyo

I have carefully considered the features of the package - given the commonalities between the two aircraft, publishing separate packages still seemed a rip-off to me, even if many customers might have been willing to pay twice.
    The compromise solution I have found is that, while most of the cockpit is common, the engine instruments (which are the biggest difference) are unique to each aircraft... so the cockpits are not completely authenthic but they are quite close to the real deal - to achieve this I has to build some "modularity" into the models, but I think it was the best solution.
    ...and while I am writing this the final installer is being completed ;-)!
    Thank you i must be the 27% who want one complete package rather than buying 2 separate ones

Well, the final package will indeed have four different cockpits:
    C-2A (analog cockpit for 4 bladed props)
    E-2C (analog cockpit with electronic engine instruments for 4 bladed props) -> this is almost identical to the real deal
    C-2A(R) (analog cockpit with EFIS for 8 bladed props)
    E-2C+ (analog cockpit with EFIS and electronic engine instruments for 4 bladed props)

The main "inaccuracies" are:
    - C-2 typically have a "bar" on top of the glareshield with communication control buttons
    - C-2 side consoles are slightly different
    - E-2 and C-2 window frames are slightly different (as pointed out by Yoyo) - the model resembles the more closely the E-2.
    - Eyepoint is also slightly different, C-2 seats are places higher than the ones of E-2.
    - EFIS symbology is slightly different from the real deal (on very minor details).

...but as I wrote, pilots were quite happy with the package (...although I have learned that many simulation geeks are often more difficult to please than real world pilots - I have my theory on this!).

Anyway final build is ready and will be sent to distributors soon.

Dino..... that 4th shot in #7 ....it's a photo of the real animal ... too real to be a model....

...this one is even better! ;-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails foto_greyhound.jpg  

Awesome news Dino! Been waiting on this one and like all your previous offerings I'm sure I won't be disappointed! I like the fact that we get the Hawkeye and the Greyhound together as well as both early and late versions. I myself like the early four bladed birds with steam gauges. (BTW, thanks for giving us a Viking as well. I FINALLY got to see one in the air this year at EAA and it looked pretty good in NASA'a house colors. Hope it wasn't a one time deal, they only gave us one pass and I would have liked to have seen a nice demo.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    ...this one is even better! ;-)
    Nice Dino.
    I see he's got his tail hook down ready for the trap.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Will it be ok in FSX.

Cheers Chris
    Works great in FSX-SE.

Super

they are both truly great examples of these aircraft. I previously tweaked and tweaked the Abacus Hawkeyes for years to get as real as I could get them even writing my own XML gauges for them all 2D of course but they have been retired and these two fantastic aircraft have taken their place. Compromises are a necessity in flight simulation for many reasons and we should all be grateful to the designers both payware and freeware for all they give us sim pilots to enjoy and live in virtual reality with. Thank you Dino, designers and testers.

And, like everything Dino creates, his C-2/E-2 are beautiful aircraft, and the flight characteristics are superb!! Thank you Dino. Thank you SO, SO much! Navy Chief

Members who have read this thread: 0