Yes!!! Joey

Thread: Yes!!! Joey

Yes!!! Joey

Hey All,

Helps make up for the loss of David.

And without moving Martin he would not have even been a contender.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Icon21

Kudos to the Penske organization for another Cup Championship!

I don't think I've ever been sad for a driver/team except now. With "the little team that could" closing it's doors and arguably one of the classiest drivers in the field, to finish the season with a championship would have been a story book ending!

On a side note, Keselowski should be quite happy now after all his complaining about a "Chevy advantage and Ford disadvantage"....

Glad to see the 22 win. I was sort of rooting for that team, after all the crap they take for racing the way NASCAR fans cheer every other driver for. Sad indeed for the 78. It would have been great to see them win. The gamble the 18 team made by staying out was awesome, and it almost worked!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Lightbulb

I must admit that I do like this image though....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2018-11-18 at 7.47.30 PM copy.jpg  

Hey All,

Nice IMAGE.

I'm always happy to see an underdog driver who I have liked since the day I first saw him win. If you recall I always said he was the best at Gibbs and was I ever glad to see him get out to realize his potential. There is no way the other big three were were not favored over Joey for this title. Make no mistake I am a Harvick fan neutral about Martin and boo hiss Kyle (he has always been way way overrated) so really sweet to see Joey win and Ford over Toyota. I'd a been happy with Harv tolerant of Martin an not happy with Kyle so all is good.

It is sad to see FRR close up shop but they did good - and deserve all the credit due. I have thought of them as kind of a Alan Kulwicki story. If you don't know Kulwicki look him up.

-Ed-
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    was I ever glad to see him get out to realize his potential.
    -Ed-
    Yes he did go to powerhouse team with incredible resources and experience.
    And as we all know, Mr. Penske expects wins and championships....

I don't think we'll ever see the likes of a Truex Jr./Front Row Racing small/grass roots team winning a Cup championship ever again.

And yes, I know about Mr. Kulwicki which makes Truex Jr./Front Row Racing closing bittersweet....

On my previous side note, I wonder if Brad will complain about Ford in 2019....Especially since they've had a year to learn from the Camaro...

Hey All,

Smartest thing Penske did was finally get it thru his head open wheelers (Indy or F1) can't drive stock cars - then the championships started to show up.

-Ed-

Icon2

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Hey All,

Smartest thing Penske did was finally get it thru his head open wheelers (Indy or F1) can't drive stock cars - then the championships started to show up.

-Ed-
    Nah,
    Smartest thing Penske did was to quit driving and go into ownership and management....Then the Championships starting showing up before he even got into NASCAR...

It was a good race, it was a clean race, the best driver and car won. Congratulations to Joey Logano and the 22 team on their championship win. Sorry to see Front Row Racing close, but Martin Truex and Cole Pearn will have a new home at Joe Gibbs Racing.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    It was a good race, it was a clean race, the best driver and car won.
    DEFINITELY was a clean race...
    But did the best driver/car win? Let's take a deeper look....

The #22 was definitely faster on the short runs....
    And the #78 was definitely faster on the long runs...

(The above did make for an interesting race!)

At the end of the day however, one could argue that the #22 was better during the evening and night....

Thus if it was a long run, the edge would go to the #22 but perhaps not as great of a distance as we saw...

On a side note, not really thrilled about them going to JGR - but on the other hand, they do have jobs!

Members who have read this thread: 0