CFS2 won't play on Win 7x64 after replacement of Hard Drive

Thread: CFS2 won't play on Win 7x64 after replacement of Hard Drive

CFS2 won't play on Win 7x64 after replacement of Hard Drive

Hello flight fans and great to see we all still love this game! After new HD installation, I cannot get CFS2 to play. Bought new discs, have tried all tricks in forums and manipulation of exe file which worked before....all for naught! I simply get "Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator Module has stopped working" message, no matter what I try. Sorry to pose this old question but this is my favorite FS of all time and would greatly appreciate any advice from the experts! Thanx in advance!

Hi Happyjack,

I have no problems running win7 64. If I remember you don't want to do a default install.
    My installs are in C:\CombatFS\Combat Flight Simulator 2.

None of my installs were installed using my org. disks. Copied from backup disk. So there are no registry records.

Hope something helps,
    B24Guy

As The B24 Guy said don't use default install location. Use that shall not be named .exe as M$ broke SafeDisc with update KB308625.

My CFS2 on my laptop is a copy from my XP with no registry records and that shall not be named .exe because with out it my laptop sounds like it going to blow up. Installed to C:/Combat Flight Simulator 2.

CFS2 on my tower is installed from the CDs so has registry records installed to patched with shall not be named .exe this year. Installed to default install location but User Account Control is off so no BS from M$ telling me what I can and can't do.

Game Explorer (GameUX.dll) removed from both PCs removed as if you lose internet the game will just not start as Game Explorer tries to phone home and can't. Covered in the Windows 10 snafu / content thread.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

12HappyJack34,

As the others have said: Mine are C:\Combat Flight Simulator2. In fact, ALL of my M$ Flight Sims are in the C: root.

Also, ALL require that you (NO)t (C)onvert some (D)efinite exe files for your own use.....

I installed new HDs on my PC due to age old Alzheimers type problems with the old HDs.

Installed the new HDs, Installed Windows 7X64, and reinstalled all of my flight sims to the root, C: HD with scenery files on a second HD and everything works fine with the advice others and I have provided.

Hope this all helps.

DD73
    Devildog73

Semper Fi
    "Earned RESPECT seldom needs to demand respect"

To be sure, I just meant adjusting properties on start up file to "Run as administrator" and Compatability Mode (Win XP SP). I have tried installing direct to C:\ and also the User account off but maybe I have missed something. I will check registry again (there were entries after attempting with original CDs), completely uninstall and try again......

On the tower and laptop I have Run as administrator set but no Compatability Modes.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Just thought, recently completely removed Adobe Flash, wonder if that is necessary....and trying to install while in lowest display mode - 800x600 or 1024x768 16 bit

Lightbulb

I've noticed the CFS2 would only allow modifying install path on the first install on a system. I've had to use a window editor to charge path in CFS2 Installer edit box to force install path.

Members who have read this thread: 0