news out of paradise is horrible

Thread: news out of paradise is horrible

news out of paradise is horrible

new numbers as of the 16th nov,71 confirmed dead,1000 (yes one thousand) listed as missing,both numbers grow on a daily basis.horrible.

im sorry to keep posting about this,i know its not aviation related,but its a tragity here,really..that many dead and missing from a damned wildfire that my freinds and i used to think was not only cool to fight,but also a blast to work..now its just doom and gloom with each new large fire.it really sucks,and now i heard my moms cousin and her husnad are missin,but none of their families have been heard from either,im talking kids,grand kids,spouses and so on,,they were all from mid town paradise up into Magalia,all the areas hardest hit,weve got photos of buddies house,Val and Jack lived there,two cars can be seen burnt out in one view,and they only had the two cars..so im thinking they didnt get out,both late sleepers and both disabled..

just sucks

Thinking of you all in Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    new numbers as of the 16th nov,71 confirmed dead,1000 (yes one thousand) listed as missing,both numbers grow on a daily basis.horrible.

im sorry to keep posting about this,i know its not aviation related,but its a tragity here,really..that many dead and missing from a damned wildfire that my freinds and i used to think was not only cool to fight,but also a blast to work..now its just doom and gloom with each new large fire.it really sucks,and now i heard my moms cousin and her husnad are missin,but none of their families have been heard from either,im talking kids,grand kids,spouses and so on,,they were all from mid town paradise up into Magalia,all the areas hardest hit,weve got photos of buddies house,Val and Jack lived there,two cars can be seen burnt out in one view,and they only had the two cars..so im thinking they didnt get out,both late sleepers and both disabled..

just sucks
    From the far side of the big pond to the West-(also bush fire prone). There are thousands of people in this country and around the world who are praying for you-I hope it is of some small comfort in this terrible time. Thinking of you all.
    Last edited by Catboat; November 16th, 2018 at 19:00. Reason: Same thoughts and prayers for all those around Paradise and North of Sacramento

Blog Entries
    I hope your family and friends were able to get out Dave. These scenarios just get worse and worse, I dread to see what the final numbers come to.
    We get lots of lightning fires over here on the East Slope, but because of the prevailing weather they hit the Glass Mountains across the valley from me. My house is all metal, but in a firestorm the glass is the big vulnerability.

It's high time some folks took a hard look at proper management. IMO
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Same Thoughts and Prayers for Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Catboat View Post
    From the far side of the big pond to the West-(also bush fire prone). There are thousands of people in this country and around the world who are praying for you-I hope it is of some small comfort in this terrible time. Thinking of you all.
    Our same Thoughts and Prayers for the people of Paradise and effected areas North of Sacremento,

We have friends who are safe but lost there house in Paradise, and in San Francisco where I work ther air is officially “very unhealthy” and not safe for VFR flying
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

The western States have seen the worst wildfires with lives and property lost over the past 15-20 years, California, Oregon, and Washington States especially.
    The men and women who battle these things for a living are stout and heroic and under-appreciated.
    I hope the news you hear in the coming days will be good, Dave - regarding your friends and family members still unaccounted for.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 0