FSX Native Lockheed Lodestar Series
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: FSX Native Lockheed Lodestar Series

FSX Native Lockheed Lodestar Series

Just FYI, we have this one in progress. Most of the models conversions work is done and work is starting on updating the textures to support new alphas, and specs/bumps.

Not sure what liveries we will include aside from the original ones.
    I would be happy to include updates for the excellent liveries done by some of the add-on artists contributors if they have the time to update and test their Lodestar liveries.

Here are some of the ones I have (actually have many more).

Some of these artists are Wellis, Firekitten, Mark Rogers, Willy McCoy, Manuele Villa, Martial FERON, Stuart Cox, Andre Reimers, (the late) Maarten Brouwer (we will convert Martin's work).

If we cannot contact the artists or get permissions, we will not include their updated textures, but will include the originally released packaged textures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2018-nov-12-001.jpg   ms-2018-nov-12-004.jpg   ms-2018-nov-12-005.jpg   ms-2018-nov-12-006.jpg   ms-2018-nov-12-007.jpg   ms-2018-nov-12-008.jpg  

ms-2018-nov-12-009.jpg   ms-2018-nov-12-010.jpg   ms-2018-nov-12-012.jpg   ms-2018-nov-12-013.jpg   ms-2018-nov-12-014.jpg   ms-2018-nov-12-015.jpg  

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Boy O'Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Just FYI, we have this one in progress. Most of the models conversions work is done and work is starting on updating the textures to support new alphas, and specs/bumps.

I would be happy to include updates for the excellent liveries done by some of the add-on artists contributors if they have the time to update and test their Lodestar liveries.

Some of these artists are Wellis, Firekitten, Mark Rogers, Willy McCoy, Manuele Villa, Martial FERON, Stuart Cox, Andre Reimers, (the late) Maarten Brouwer (we will convert Martin's work).

If we cannot contact the artists or get permissions, we will not include their updated textures, but will include the originally released packaged textures.
    Am I looking forward to this!! One of my all time favourites. Thanks Milton, and all concerned. (As a little nipper, I remember flying on the Lodestar from Napier to Auckland with N.A.C.)

Yeah!

Milton the loadstar was always one of my favorite models of yours and am very excited to see if finally being updated.

We await in great anticipation.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

SOH-CM-2020
    Oh Yessssssssssssss

I've been flying this a lot lately. In fact it's my 'start up saved flight aircraft'.

Really looking forward to the updated version.

Thanks Milton & Co.

Pete.

Another beautifully done piece of work, Sir! Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Yes. This will be thoroughly enjoyed.

Lots of amazing 50s era airline potential here!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ch20_lodestar.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	64724

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lodestar1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	64725

Thanks so much in advance for a lovely project.

dl

Been waiting for this one. Quietly. Patiently.

Boy is this exciting!!!!!!

Very nice selection of liveries for the update. Will any of the existing ones fit the FSX native model (with some normal fettling)?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Been waiting for this one. Quietly. Patiently.

Boy is this exciting!!!!!!

Very nice selection of liveries for the update. Will any of the existing ones fit the FSX native model (with some normal fettling)?
    Thanks Expat,

All prior repaints will be compatible. Metal or shine based schemes (with specular or glossy finishes) may need to have their alphas tweaked for best appearance for the new FSX materials.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Yes. This will be thoroughly enjoyed.

Lots of amazing 50s era airline potential here!

Thanks so much in advance for a lovely project.

dl
    You are welcome Sir. Both of these liveries have been done.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, feel free to use any or all of the paints I've done for your aircraft. It's been a pleasure to paint them.

I've been doing a little work with the Lodestar in the past few days and thinking about doing some more paints for it.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    Milton, feel free to use any or all of the paints I've done for your aircraft. It's been a pleasure to paint them.

I've been doing a little work with the Lodestar in the past few days and thinking about doing some more paints for it.
    Are you flying your paints in FSX or FS9?

I have 5-6 of your paints in my Lodestar hangar :-)

EDIT: Santa Fe, Pennsy, Western Airlines, TWA, Pac Alaska Airways, Pan American
    Can you update the alphas, add bumps/specs?
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; November 13th, 2018 at 07:36.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Great news

So good to see the Lodestar project coming to fruition :- )

She's also my start-up ride for nightly tours of the Med and Adriatic.

Thanks to all the team and special thanks to Milton for keeping this "hot ship" in the air.

Hi Milton,

Thanks for these news on this much loved aircraft lost since my migration to P3D V4

Regards,
    Gérard

Hello Milton,
    Yes you can use my repaints.
    REg
    Marty

Quote Originally Posted by ferondoe View Post
    Hello Milton,
    Yes you can use my repaints.
    REg
    Marty
    Marty,

Thank you Sir :-)

Would you have time to do proper updates for alphas, bump/specs?

I have your GoodTime Gal, Trans Australia, and United Liveries and would love to include them.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Thanks Brady and Gaab; happy to make the Lodestar available in FSX/P3D.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Are you flying your paints in FSX or FS9?

I have 5-6 of your paints in my Lodestar hangar :-)
    I did FSX and FS9 versions of most of them. A few of the last ones were FSX only though (I think, I've slept a few times since then)

I'm flying them in FSX SE. Right now, i'm working on an AI project that involves the Howard 500, civil Harpoon cargo and a few Lodestars replacing the default LearJets in default AI traffic. If it works out like I believe it will, the default GA traffic will be next to be "Miltonized".

I'm trying to figure out where I stashed the layered .pdn files I used painting them. Those would save a lot of trouble in making specular textures.

When I burned out on painting Lodestars after the original release, i had a bunch of reference pics of non-airline Lodestars. I've found those Getting the Lodestar itch again.

I did FSX and FS9 versions of most of them. A few of the last ones were FSX only though (I think, I've slept a few times since then)

I'm flying them in FSX SE. Right now, i'm working on an AI project that involves the Howard 500, civil Harpoon cargo and a few Lodestars replacing the default LearJets in default AI traffic. If it works out like I believe it will, the default GA traffic will be next to be "Miltonized".
    LOL Wow! Neat!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

You're very welcome to use my textures Milton, go ahead. The ones I did were based on an actual real world cockpit and interior. Ferondoe took some of them and made them look even better. No problem with that.
    Mark

Milton, if possible the TAA textures and the National Airways Corporation of NZ textures would be most welcome to be updated or included with this update.

Both the TAA and NAC skins and textures were done by Martial Feron (MF_l18w_taa.zip) ( MF_l18W_NAC.zip), sorry cannot remember where I go them from.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Milton, if possible the TAA textures and the National Airways Corporation of NZ textures would be most welcome to be updated or included with this update.

Both the TAA and NAC skins and textures were done by Martial Feron (MF_l18w_taa.zip) ( MF_l18W_NAC.zip), sorry cannot remember where I go them from.
    BF, AFAIK, all of "ferondoe's" paints are right here in our library. The two mentioned are plus several more.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I have 24 liveries in my personal hangar. Wellis is converting the originally released liveries. If the original authors cannot convert their paints, then at least we know they are compatible. They may need some alphas tweaked for best appearance, and the default common texture folder bump and spec maps are neutralized so they will work. Would only need to add a texture.cfg to each folder added.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

EDIT: Santa Fe, Pennsy, Western Airlines, TWA, Pac Alaska Airways, Pan American
    Can you update the alphas, add bumps/specs?
    Pennsy is one of Manuel's I believe, but it's a good paint like all his work.

Once I get the FSX model to work with, I can. Once the bumps are done, they can (and should be) be used for all the textures using the same model. Between the bumps and speculars, there'll probably need to be some of of color adjusted on the main textures as well. I've found that they tend to lighten up if left as is. One of the things I like about painting for FSX is the specs. Between those and the alpha layers, you can do all kinds of tricks to make things "pop out". I learned a lot painting "hot rod" Gee Bees.

I just counted up the ones I have. 40. I don't remember having so many. I guess they've been busy in the hanger.

Pennsy is one of Manuel's I believe, but it's a good paint like all his work.

Once I get the FSX model to work with, I can. Once the bumps are done, they can (and should be) be used for all the textures using the same model. Between the bumps and speculars, there'll probably need to be some of of color adjusted on the main textures as well. I've found that they tend to lighten up if left as is. One of the things I like about painting for FSX is the specs. Between those and the alpha layers, you can do all kinds of tricks to make things "pop out". I learned a lot painting "hot rod" Gee Bees.

I just counted up the ones I have. 40. I don't remember having so many. I guess they've been busy in the hanger.
    LOL YOu are correct about that livery. Manuel did some awesome paints for this one. :-)

The Build package is available now to any repainters who want it.
    I just finished the model conversions yesterday.
    Everything is looking great generally; some of those metal liveries need toning down.

Wellis is playing with the bare metal scheme and his own, most of which has bare metal and paint.
    He will be doing bumps and specs for his paints and all based on Firekitten's panel/rivet lines.

Any of the original artists who want the download link, give me a shout.

Meanwhile, I'll work to clean up my little messes here from the conversion-flurried activities. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by mrogers View Post
    You're very welcome to use my textures Milton, go ahead. The ones I did were based on an actual real world cockpit and interior. Ferondoe took some of them and made them look even better. No problem with that.

Thank you Mark; greatly appreciated. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Marty,

Thank you Sir :-)

Would you have time to do proper updates for alphas, bump/specs?

I have your GoodTime Gal, Trans Australia, and United Liveries and would love to include them.
    Milton,
    yes, but I do not have the new model to control the changes
    Reg
    Marty

Members who have read this thread: 2