FSX Native Lockheed Lodestar Series - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FSX Native Lockheed Lodestar Series

Got it !

Thanks Milton for this new year gift.

Regards

Gérard

Thank you Milton and Team! Awesome work. Many, many more years of flying enjoyment left in her.
    Indeed a very fine and beautiful beast.
    Last edited by bob407; January 3rd, 2019 at 04:23.

WHOOO HOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Stunning! Huge thanks to Milton and his team.

Brian

Many thanks and kudos to the MS Team! Not only does the Lodestar look fantastic, but flies great as well. Thank you for the period panel and environment and again, your sound choices are spot on.. This is an obvious labor of love and many congrats to all who participated in this release. Superb job... Terry

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Excellent work Milton and team, and great to see Maarten's legacy lives on in FsX...

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thank you Milton and all involved!

Nice to see my air crew texture still in use (which I made some time back for the military repaints), but where it is included in this package it is missing the respective cap texture, which I attach below.

Just add it to any individual repaints that have my WWII era flight crew textures (pilot-in-uniform.dds).

(screenshot from original FS9 release!)

Gary.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screencap_001.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Excellent work Milton and team, and great to see Maarten's legacy lives on in FsX...

Thank you Ferry. Yes, I wanted to honor Martin's work by including at least one of his paints. I miss the old boy.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    Thank you Milton and all involved!

Nice to see my air crew texture still in use (which I made some time back for the military repaints), but where it is included in this package it is missing the respective cap texture, which I attach below.

Just add it to any individual repaints that have my WWII era flight crew textures (pilot-in-uniform.dds).

Gary.
    Gary,

I do not understand your comment.

The airlinepilot texture I used has been in my inventory since at least early 2012, 8 years, and was used in my Dash 7 project in 2011-2012, and in the FS9 Lodestar project always in the white shirt and airline pilot hat.
    I do not see an airlinepilot texture in brown as you have shown in my FSX or FS9 package, nor do I seem to have a copy of that texture anywhere.

EDIT: The WWII textures I used are Jan Visser's originals he provided with the gmax source of those pilot figures.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-jan-3-002.jpg   ms-2019-jan-3-001.jpg  
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, this was a retexture of the air crew figures (pilot-in-uniform.bmp and airlinepilot.bmp originally) I made and uploaded to Flightsim back in 2015, specifically intended to enhance the military textures of your FS9 release. It is these retextured files that are included in some of the individual paints in this package (Goodtime Gal N60JT and RAF_Transport) but they are missing the cap retexture I made as part of the set - which is what I've re-attached above.

Gary.

Ps. Just search Flightsim for Lodestar Air Crew.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    Milton, this was a retexture of the air crew figures (pilot-in-uniform.bmp and airlinepilot.bmp originally) I made and uploaded to Flightsim back in 2015, specifically intended to enhance the military textures of your FS9 release. It is these retextured files that are included in some of the individual paints in this package (Goodtime Gal N60JT and RAF_Transport) but they are missing the cap retexture I made as part of the set - which is what I've re-attached above.

Gary.

Ps. Just search Flightsim for Lodestar Air Crew.
    Oh, okay. I did not have those re-textured bmps. My original FS9 and FSX port over packages had the original airlinepilot.bmps with the white shirt and airline cap. That is what you will find in the common texture folder of this release.

It is nice of you to share your re-do of that texture. Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Working like a charm under P3Dv3 as well Milton, very nice work and kudos to the entire team.
    Thanks once again.
    Out-bloody-standing!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

And really good under FSX of course.

Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Great shots Wombat666. :-)

On behalf of the "team" listed in the Docs, thanks to everyone for your comments.
    (by Milton Shupe, Tom Falley, Scott Thomas, Ken Mitchell, Rachael Whiteford, Stuart Cox, Martial Feron, Andre Reimers, Mark Rogers, William Ellis, Willy McCoy, Maarten Brouwer, and Sounds by Nigel Richards. Pilot figures by Jan Visser.)

It's great that the products are working well in the various sims and can be enjoyed by many.

And I thank the team of contributors who really made the package what it is.

I hope you get a lot of flying pleasure from it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hello everyone
    Hello Milton,

-I have on the fuselage an amazing lighting!
    Am I the only one?

It turns on and off with the L key!
    I want to delete it but I can not find it in the aircraft? Cfg!
    Can you help me?
    Thank you!

Alain

Texture reflection issue in P3D 4.3

Apologies for initially raising this here - will migrate to the P3D4 forum as and when one starts for the Lodestar.

My beloved Lockheed twins have arrived and are finally usable in P3D 64 bit, but the aluminum skinned birds are throwing such a powerful mirror reflection, they are almost giving retina burns. Way overkill, at least on my machine and to my ageing and tired eyes. I am a dunce when it comes to envmaps, fresnels, specular textures et al but have a feeling these are maybe not tweaked optimally - yet - for the HDR lighting in P3D4. I am also now running tomatoshade which gives stronger contrasts but also transformative improvements to the P3D graphics - which may not be helping - but don't wish to turn off. Coincidentally, I also just tried Piglet's T-bird FSX redux "mirror" version from the Library - this also had way too much of the same chrome/mirror reflection. Appreciate any tips from anyone using both sims.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

PS - the metal reflections in the screen shots above - Western and TAA - look bang on perfect to my eyes and what I would like to also see in P3D v4.

Hello expat,

As I understand it, you think it's a reflection !!
    But I think rather that it is a lighting (parasite) because see night !!

And they are with the other lights with the L key!
    Do you have a solution?
    Thank you

Alain
    -

Alain, the light you are seeing is the wing light used to detect wing ice at night.

The light switches are overhead; you will see the wing light switch there.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hello Milton,

-I'm confused!
    I had not tried all the switches!
    Now I know how to put out this light!
    Thanks for the help!

Alain
    -

I've spent several hours flying this wonderful piece of work. It amazes me to see your's and others level of talent to produce such outstanding projects for me and others to enjoy. Thanks ever so much....

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Apologies for initially raising this here - will migrate to the P3D4 forum as and when one starts for the Lodestar.

My beloved Lockheed twins have arrived and are finally usable in P3D 64 bit, but the aluminum skinned birds are throwing such a powerful mirror reflection, they are almost giving retina burns. Way overkill, at least on my machine and to my ageing and tired eyes. I am a dunce when it comes to envmaps, fresnels, specular textures et al but have a feeling these are maybe not tweaked optimally - yet - for the HDR lighting in P3D4. I am also now running tomatoshade which gives stronger contrasts but also transformative improvements to the P3D graphics - which may not be helping - but don't wish to turn off. Coincidentally, I also just tried Piglet's T-bird FSX redux "mirror" version from the Library - this also had way too much of the same chrome/mirror reflection. Appreciate any tips from anyone using both sims.
    Expat,

Sorry it is not possible for us to be compatible with all the sims and options.

It sounds as if your version with the options you selected is "enhancing" the alpha channels of the primary body textures. I do not think it is a bump or spec map issue.

Reflections for this model are based on the body textures' alpha channels. If what I suspect is correct, then if you loaded the attached textures for the United livery (just the major body parts here), the mirror reflections should be more toward no reflections.

Try this and let me know the effect. This is like a proof-of-concept test.

All I did to these textures was essentially make the alpha channels near white.

You might want to keep a copy of the original folder before replacing the textures.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Dear Milton,

Very responsive and helpful - many thanks. Will give this a try and report back - appreciate the scientific approach you promote here!

Best wishes,

expat

I should mention that I use P3D3 as a replacement for FSX, I can fly aircraft that probably are not suited to P3D4 yet, and I run at 4K.
    These images are half screen size and I thought Pago Pago was a good location for one of the 'Klumpy-Klumpy' Lockheeds.

Milton,
    Just to follow up, you have helpfully isolated controlling the reflection in the alpha channel - something I am actually know how to tweak with DXT.bmp. Some of the included textures in P3Dv4 are too dull, some too reflective, yet others are "just right" (a la Goldilocks), for example, the Comair paints. Tweaking the paints to suit P3Dv4 therefore will be fairly easy to do.
    Many thanks for this.
    expat

Members who have read this thread: 4