Still the Falcon 20.... - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Still the Falcon 20....

Quote Originally Posted by mllgrennman View Post
    Howdy. I came across this thread and got pretty excited...But I can't seem to figure it out...Is this just showcasing your work...or is it available to the public somewhere?
    I read through it pretty good and didn't see any mention of what's needed to get it or where to go.
    Any information would be great!
    Thanks.
    If you're talking about the basic airplane, it has always been available in the SOH downloads section (Warbirds Library). If you're discussing the recent posts shown above, that model is not yet released as far as I can tell.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

After a long and frustrating time with the Falcon 20 project, I have now decided to continue the V2.

The new picture shows a new base repaint of the VIP version, which I will use for all models now. Now I only have to repaint more than 40 textures to the new base textures, then the V2 can be released.

I have no idea how long it will take.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    After a long and frustrating time with the Falcon 20 project, I have now decided to continue the V2.
    Thomas
    A big thank you to offer this V2 to the Falcon 20 lovers

Gérard

Blog Entries

The new picture shows a new base repaint of the VIP version, which I will use for all models now. Now I only have to repaint more than 40 textures to the new base textures, then the V2 can be released.

I have no idea how long it will take.

Thomas

Ooo la la ....

Looking superb!

dl

For Arild,

V2, Royal Norwegian Air Force ECM 053 Munin, one of two already in service.

Thomas

I think I didn´t show finished V2 Guardian of French Navy. It is a special model based of Arilds Falcon 200 I tweaked. This base repaint did Martial Feron some time ago. A nice one!

Thomas

Wondering about flight crew in military style overalls (no g-suit or safety vests) in the military themed versions rather than shirt and tie corporate wear?
    Or would it be an easy repaint to alter that?

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Wondering about flight crew in military style overalls (no g-suit or safety vests) in the military themed versions rather than shirt and tie corporate wear?
    Or would it be an easy repaint to alter that?
    Yes, military crews will get their right overalls...

Thomas

Yes, military crews will get their right overalls...

Thomas
    Awesome. Thank you.

V2 is going on. Now crews has their own suits. Did a lot of improvments with materials and textures. First WIP-pic of V2 cockpit.

Thomas

Awesome VC.

One would write "can't wait", but I will patiently

Gérard

I was passenger of this aircraft (sept 95) when...

The Falcon 20 had a night stop at Port-Harcourt (PHC), and departed at 06:37 UTC Lagos (LOS). The takeoff was normal, but after passing 1500ft when carrying out the "after takeoff" checks the crew noted that there was a red landing gear warning light indicating that the left main landing gear was not properly closed.
    The crew recycled the landing gear twice but the problem persisted. A third recycling was carried out with the landing flaps extended to 10 degrees. After this, the warning light went off and the flight continued normally cruising at FL220.
    The aircraft commenced its initial descent at about 07:15 UTC. The aircraft was cleared for an ILS approach to runway 19R. Close to the localiser intercept, the gears were lowered and the landing gear indicators showed that the left main gear was not deployed. The landing gears were recycled, but to no avail. The crew then proceeded to the area west of the field, climbed to 5000ft and carried out the "Emergency and Abnormal checklist"-Landing gear will not extend (Procedure B). Numerous attempts of this procedure were made but the left main gear failed to lock down.
    The crew then carried out a low fly past for a visual observation of the landing gears. The crew also tried side-slipping the aircraft to shake the left landing gear down, but with no positive result.
    An emergency was declared and after burning the fuel in the main tanks and the landing was made with the two gears extended. The aircraft touched down and veered to the left side of the runway and ran into the runway shoulder.
    The emergency crank was just below my seat

Good aircraft : no hurt, thanks God.

Blog Entries
    V2 is going on. Now crews has their own suits. Did a lot of improvments with materials and textures. First WIP-pic of V2 cockpit.

Thomas
    That VC - especially the 3D gauges, is getting better and better!!

When released, will the clarity of the gauges be fairly uniform? For example the airspeed, altitude, VSI gauges seem crisper than the engine gauges, at least in that shot. Maybe it's just the screenshot or angle.

But it needs to be said - over the number of iterations, this model has gone from a decent model to superb external model (in the last go-round) and then you're matching that with the internal model. Remarkable progress, and very eagerly awaited.

Thanks for the progress shots along the way!

dl

Sent the new approvements of interior/exterior to Rotorhub to verify VR behavior. On my system I have no impact on frames with V2.

In V2 there will be 16 different models with 22 different repaints. Including Falcon 20, Falcon 200 and HU-25 Guardian. At least 3 new Cargo versions are in the package.

Thomas

SOH-CM-2020
    " ....
    At least 3 new Cargo versions are in the package. …. "

OH Yesssssss I'll be in box haulin' heaven

Thank you.

Pete.

Blog Entries
    Oh, heck yeah!!!!

Outstanding work, Thomas (et al)!!

Arild wrote: I have just tested your new version on GTX 970 and 1070 using Oculus Rift CV1. I cannot see any changes in performance, so your mod is VR certified.

We will publish V2 for sure, but perhaps not before end of August. Please be patient.

Thomas

Arild wrote: I have just tested your new version on GTX 970 and 1070 using Oculus Rift CV1. I cannot see any changes in performance, so your mod is VR certified.

We will publish V2 for sure, but perhaps not before end of August. Please be patient.

Thomas
    Love that paint job ha!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Blog Entries

Thomas

A project that good is worth the wait.

Thx!

DL

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    A project that good is worth the wait.

Thx!

DL
    Agreed. Thanks from a (civil) Dassault lover

Gérard

Kalitta Falcon Cargo Still Flying

A recent picture I ran across showing a Kalitta Charters Falcon 20.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T7B7OLNB3NA55GOWWVOMFMRY74.jpg  

WIP

Hi all

Well, this little bird made me grab the airbrush again.

This will be a Spanish Air Force (Ejercito del Aire) VIP transport, hope it will be ready for upload shortly, if somebody is interested.

Saludos

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Falcon 20 EdA.jpg  
    Born to Fly

Oh yes, your repaint is more than welcome.

Thomas

Members who have read this thread: 0