Still the Falcon 20....
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Still the Falcon 20....

Still the Falcon 20....

...I've been updating a bit, texturewise... And finished this one today, a few more coming soon.
    rc

Looks very nice.

Is this the freeware Falcon 20 at Fly Away Simulations?

My Concern is .Flying the Thing...From the Beginning Take Off Configuration ..Gradual But Steady Application of Power ..And Already Iam On The Rudder..Like a Dancer..Trying to track the center line...Like A Tail Draggier Cub..All over//Very Difficult to Have a Good Tracking on The off..Do not Have this Problem with Most All Quality Heavy Iron Planes I Have..So Have No Problem Except with this Falcon 20......Any Thought? Any Ideas? Any One else??...However a Good looker Thnx!

I agree. But as the designer said, this was just something he tried, so maybe thats why the model is not "finished " in many ways, air file included!?
    I cant help here, sorry....texturewise, I can do a bit....heres another Falcon , hope you like her too !
    HB-VDS livery, that black nose makes her look smart I think ...
    And did a bit more in the interior textures too
    rc

Almost ready to upload also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HU-25.jpg  

SOH-CM-2023
    Sweet, Saves me doing a HU-25 paint
    You can't take the sky from me...

HB-VDS livery, that black nose makes her look smart I think ...
    That's looking really good!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Looking great, scratch that project off the list. Watching the library for the download.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    Almost ready to upload also.

I like this one! ;-)

Uploading the USCG and NASA paints within the hour.

EDIT: Uploaded and posted.
    Last edited by jmbiii; November 12th, 2018 at 12:42.

Blog Entries
    Outstanding Manecas and Jim.

I can't believe you guys did a Swiss and NASA schemes. So awesome.

Never thought I'd see a Falcon 20 in the sim ....

Shes a beauty alright! Doing another one and then I will try and upload them here.

Uploaded and posted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2018-nov-19-009.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by napacon View Post
    My Concern is .Flying the Thing...From the Beginning Take Off Configuration ..Gradual But Steady Application of Power ..And Already Iam On The Rudder..Like a Dancer..Trying to track the center line...Like A Tail Draggier Cub..All over//Very Difficult to Have a Good Tracking on The off..Do not Have this Problem with Most All Quality Heavy Iron Planes I Have..So Have No Problem Except with this Falcon 20......Any Thought? Any Ideas? Any One else??...However a Good looker Thnx!
    I noticed this as well.

Try reducing nose wheel steer angle slightly in the aircraft.cfg file (CONTACT POINTS) but mostly reduce rudder effectiveness in FLIGHT TUNING section. Jets need very little rudder except or engine loss at low speed, otherwise mostly they are "feet on the floor".

Uploaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Policia 4.jpg  

Leadair Unijet F-GHLN...

...one more...

Hard to tell, but are you getting a true chrome on the leading edges and engine intake? If so. . .how are you doing it?
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike71 View Post
    I noticed this as well.

Try reducing nose wheel steer angle slightly in the aircraft.cfg file (CONTACT POINTS) but mostly reduce rudder effectiveness in FLIGHT TUNING section. Jets need very little rudder except or engine loss at low speed, otherwise mostly they are "feet on the floor".
    It could be that your throttle isn't working for both engines. Take a look at the throttle quadrant in the VC as you advance the throttles. Make sure they both move equally. Or you could watch the EFIS page to see what both engines are doing.
    If one throttle doesn't move evenly with the other, you need to troubleshoot that situation. Usually, it's a button or slider assignment problem. Another case that can cause the same problem, it's because your default flight was saved after you assigned the throttle slider to a single engine to shut it down for a cold-n-dark set-up.
    Are you sure both engines are actually started and running before you start your take-off? Do you check over the EFIS page to verify this? If not, make sure you start the second, non-running engine before you start your take off roll.

Could it be a case of your rudder being hard over? Is the AP on and trying to fly the plane on a course other than the runway heading? Do you look at the external camera view, and verify the rudder doesn't do anything except what you command, especially during the take-off run? Watch it when you "wipe" the controls prior to advancing the throttles. Does the rudder throw full both ways when you wipe the controls?

Do you have a crosswind blowing? If so, try shutting the wind down, and trying the take-off again, and see what happens.

Just trying to think of possibilities, and this time of day, it's not easy for me. Not enough coffee aboard yet...

Good luck!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Hard to tell, but are you getting a true chrome on the leading edges and engine intake? If so. . .how are you doing it?
    Figured it out!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Photoreal textures carefully applied to give the best visual results! And you should see the whole new cabin interior, it even has exit signs and reading lights, leather seats, etc....managed to add more realistic textures on the wings, engines, landing gears, tail and stabilizers.
    Even the door/steps and front section are fully (photoreal) textured.
    im doing a few repaints and I will release my humble repaints rest assured.
    its a whole new textured model, based on the authors original work.
    ;-)

Is it possible to add a pilot figure (to show in external views) to this otherwise excellent add-on? I find it disconcerting that no one is flying it.
    Happy New Year!

Members who have read this thread: 0