Still the Falcon 20.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Still the Falcon 20....

And a new repaint just added ...a fictional NASA Falcon !
    over and out, off to bed now !
    Last edited by manecas; February 3rd, 2019 at 15:07.

Many thanks for sharing your repaints, Rui - the exteriors look great!

Is there any trick to getting your pilot and revised interior textures to show? Do those files have to be installed into other folders?
    I presume your interiors change the VC - or are they only for the passenger cabin?

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Many thanks for sharing your repaints, Rui - the exteriors look great!

Is there any trick to getting your pilot and revised interior textures to show? Do those files have to be installed into other folders?
    I presume your interiors change the VC - or are they only for the passenger cabin?
    hi again.
    I uploaded a couple of days ago a folder called "Falcon 20 "Mystere" Enhanced Cockpit textures.zip",
    in this folder I have the somehow updated VC textures,
    these need to be placed into your Falcon aircraft "Texture" folder, please save the original files first.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...5159&catid=223

the cabin textures can go there, or preferably, according to each repaint, into the other texture.XXX folders!
    this way you can have a single cabin look for a specific repaint.
    I hope I made sense!!?

Blog Entries
    Hi Riu,

From your pic, I’d say it’s dead on. When you compare the pics of that Jetstar airframe on display and slightly faded vs older shots of it in service, I’d say you’ve rendered the Falcon as it could have looked when freshly painted.

I see no issue. Love that you have it the cheatline on the engine cowling. Colours on the fin flash and NASA meatball look good, as does the font on the tail flash from what I can tell. I’m pretty picky on those elements from years of reading on those period NASA birds and from having seen and photographed the preserved version-and I’m unable to add any corrective feedback.

Looks delightful, and more colourful than the recently retired STA G-11 schemes.

Thanks a ton!!

DL

Are in close contact with Rotorhub. I am currently working on materials and textures to make the models more realistic.

Now reflections have been reworked without adding specular or bump textures.

Here is a first example of the G-FRAP original and current state. WIP.

Thomas

Blog Entries
    Fabulous, Riu! Love the NASA paint. Tan flightsuits look great!.

Inside textures look way better - can't wait as this great project gets even better. Updated model looks better too, Ti!

Just thrilled - thanks all!

dl

Thanks for your reply, Rui. I just saw the same/equivalent file in the FSX section. Will try this when I get home tonight.
    Thanks again for your contributions on this lovely little jet.

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Are in close contact with Rotorhub. I am currently working on materials and textures to make the models more realistic.

Now reflections have been reworked without adding specular or bump textures.

Here is a first example of the G-FRAP original and current state. WIP.

Thomas
    Oh wow Thomas, what a difference!

Both textures (fuse and wings) now have an alpha to show the reflections of environtment. Using fresnel and globalenv textures. Than I changed materials of model parts. Now it is possible to control chrome and reflexion display only with the alpha channel. I compiled the models for FSXA, working both in FSX and P3D all versions.

I just changed all the HU-25 Guardian versions I did - there will be an update, too. And I changed models a bit. It all have e.g. textured gear cases.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by manecas View Post
    And a new repaint just added ...a fictional NASA Falcon !
    over and out, off to bed now !
    The NASA repaint is very cool, Rui! Thank you! What scenery is shown in your screenie? It looks familiar.

Brian

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IFlySWA View Post
    The NASA repaint is very cool, Rui! Thank you! What scenery is shown in your screenie? It looks familiar.

Brian
    That’s the Dryden Flight Research Center at Edwards AFB.

It looks very nice TiAr. If you have gmax, you can have the source files to work with as well.

Best regards
    Rotorhub
    Both textures (fuse and wings) now have an alpha to show the reflections of environtment. Using fresnel and globalenv textures. Than I changed materials of model parts. Now it is possible to control chrome and reflexion display only with the alpha channel. I compiled the models for FSXA, working both in FSX and P3D all versions.

I just changed all the HU-25 Guardian versions I did - there will be an update, too. And I changed models a bit. It all have e.g. textured gear cases.

Thomas

Falcon 200

The Falcon 200 exterior is done. I am looking into som minor VC changes, using Mario Noriega's Collins EFD 85 gauges. Fantastic gauges, all in XML vector code. But it is too early to say.

Rotorhub
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Falcon 200_test.jpg  

Falcon 20 nose gear hatch

Manecas pointed out that forward nose gear hatch is a single panel. It is now fixed. I have also asked Mario Noriega for help on the flight model. If he have the time, he will do some magic on the engine tables and do some tweaking. His Mercure can be flown by the numbers!!! If we are lucky, we will get some input from a guy who fly Cargo Falcons for a living. Several talented people is improving the Falcon, to my great pleasure.

Rotorhub
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gear_door.jpg  

Falcon 20G

Martial FERON is looking into adapting his repaints to this model. The window size is not 100% correct due to smoothing issues, but perhaps I will release it anyways.
    There is a guy in the observer window. Manecas have made nice flightsuits to Bjoerns pilot figures.

Rotorhub
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Comparison.jpg   Falcon_20G French navy3.jpg  

Oh, new models are looking great. But the single nose gear panel was only in very early models in use. The HU-25 have a different, but also single one.

Anyway, I finished my work on materials and reflections. Did a new Cobham repaint G-FRAP of 2018. Changed exterior model now with actual antennas, sensors and modernisized underwing pods a bit.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhub View Post
    The Falcon 200 exterior is done. I am looking into som minor VC changes, using Mario Noriega's Collins EFD 85 gauges. Fantastic gauges, all in XML vector code. But it is too early to say.
    she looks beautifull! But again, she always did!

Well, from several photos it shows that indeed the nose gear door was one large piece, fitting into the back one that attaches to the nose gear itself. Im happy with this small fix Arild, it looks the part now!

Thomas, one silly question too;

since Arild is busy making other variants, and since you can do your magic and change things a bit, could you "make" me a Falcon with only 4 windows on each side for a Portuguese Air Force repaint?

Pleeeaaase?

The aircraft I mean had a big cargo door and windows, I dont need to have an opening cargo door, just four windows, and I will "paint" a cargo door instead!
    the normal door can be left as in the other models.

but it would be closer to the original.
    thank you again,
    rui

Thomas
    This is great news Thomas
    can I ask you, will the cockpit windows and cabin windows have this ability too?
    can we change the reflection on these using the alpha layer too?
    when done,can you share these features with me so I can try and update my repaints later?
    looking forward to these thank you again,
    rc

Manecas, the four windows external model is aready done - I only have to redo some antennas and sensors, so I will do it - pease send me an emal via private message.

And yes, windows material settings can be modified, via the textures/alpha, too.

Thomas

Rui, did the job. Basic reflections as show on screen. If you like it more or less, make the alpha darker or lighter.

Hope you like this model.

Thomas

Rui, did the job. Basic reflections as show on screen. If you like it more or less, make the alpha darker or lighter.

Thomas
    It looks sweet Thomas! Cant wait to get home and start painting it!
    thank younfor your efforts.
    Rc

You make me want to fly it

Rotorhub

Thomas

Republique De Djibouti Falcon 20 !
    Quite the exotic livery dont you think!?
    Just uploaded this one, hope you like it !
    Next the Portuguese Air Force livery,
    thanks to Thomas "magic"
    He added all the antenas and other details, should come out a nice one too
    rc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manecas View Post
    Republique De Djibouti Falcon 20 !
    Quite the exotic livery dont you think!?
    Just uploaded this one, hope you like it !
    Next the Portuguese Air Force livery,
    thanks to Thomas "magic"
    He added all the antenas and other details, should come out a nice one too
    rc
    I think it's very sheikh ....

Great work on the new model and the repaints!

dl

Members who have read this thread: 0