Still the Falcon 20.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Still the Falcon 20....

Hi thunder100,

I tried to rework the default CRJ gauges, and tested it during development. But I went for steam gauges (they worked better with my Oculus goggles).
    The avionics are more complicated, and the ACE xml syntax was a drawback.

Perhaps it can be done later. Either as a Falcon 200, or a retrofit with larger panels.(No promises).

But I can share share my gmax source, if anyone is willing?

Rotorhub

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    Dear Rotorhub

What a stunning product.And fly as well in P3DV4.4 as well

( that says somebody which can compare to the Wilco/Carenado/Flysim/Lavigne+friends Falcons)

Really great

1 wish though ( I am not in GMAX unfortunately )

Could we get 1 VC with a flat ADI/HSI area to be able to ""Modernize" that part a bit ?

to one of the attached pictures

even, it easier I would take a total flat area in front of pilot and co pilot where VC gauges sit on top of panel.bmp it that is easier

Thank you for at least considering

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhub View Post
    Hi thunder100,

I tried to rework the default CRJ gauges, and tested it during development. But I went for steam gauges (they worked better with my Oculus goggles).
    The avionics are more complicated, and the ACE xml syntax was a drawback.

Perhaps it can be done later. Either as a Falcon 200, or a retrofit with larger panels.(No promises).

But I can share share my gmax source, if anyone is willing?

Rotorhub
    Dear Rotohub

All good.Would not want to miss the steam gauge version

Just in case anytime later would be fine.To be a bit more specific- its not necessary to integrate in the VC model.ust a plain survace to put them

but again-->LATER or never

Best regards

Roland

Norfolk & Western Railway San Francisco, CA Falcon Bird !
    Almost done, gentlemen.
    later, rui
    Last edited by manecas; January 29th, 2019 at 18:07.

Beautiful work, Rui! I can't imagine N&W stockholders would be happy to hear that N&W executives were flying around on private jets instead of traveling by railway cars.

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NWRW.jpg  

"... I can't imagine N&W stockholders would be happy to hear that N&W executives were flying around on private jets..."

"An Aircraft goes places where the Train does not "

And heres another one, quite the unusual colour scheme...but I like unusual colour schemes
    More 60's and 70's unusual colour schemes coming next !

Executive Jet Aviation New York, NY Falcon 20 N368EJ

Dear Rotohub
    All good.Would not want to miss the steam gauge version
    Just in case anytime later would be fine.To be a bit more specific- its not necessary to integrate in the VC model.ust a plain survace to put them
    Roland
    If you're talking about a "Pop-Up" panel, those can be done very easily. . .especially if you have FSPanel Studio (a must have if you are interested in making your own version of a certain panel or want to adjust or move a few gauges). Check it out here:

http://www.fspanelstudio.com
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    If you're talking about a "Pop-Up" panel, those can be done very easily. . .especially if you have FSPanel Studio (a must have if you are interested in making your own version of a certain panel or want to adjust or move a few gauges). Check it out here:

http://www.fspanelstudio.com
    Falcon thank you - but - unfortunately no.Yes 2 D is easy ( and done )

But on VC if you want to change ADI-HSI to different Rectangular shape-->you only have cut out of current ( oval ) ADI

And If you i.e. want to use a combined one like EDM1000 then you run in trouble as Rotorhubs VC is 3D so ADI-HSI are higher then the Instrumant board surface and that gauges (and the one on pictures look strange)

Just that is cherry picking and only the red one

Before Rotorhub'S effort we had 2D or weird AI Falcon 20's

Best regards

Roland

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-1-30_16-52-38-890.jpg  

Yep, despite being flat (not showing any depth) there was an advantage to having the gauges on a placeholder as opposed to the 3D style commonly used now. 3D gauges eliminate the ability to mix and match gauges to your liking unless they exactly fit the 3D area in question. I like 3D gauges but not when it comes to tweaking panels.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by manecas View Post
    And heres another one, quite the unusual colour scheme...but I like unusual colour schemes

Very nice, Rui! Looking forward to the new schemes.

Brian

You make it look good
    Nice paints all of them, and the details... Thank you!

Regards
    Rotorhub

"... I can't imagine N&W stockholders would be happy to hear that N&W executives were flying around on private jets..."

"An Aircraft goes places where the Train does not "

This was a learning project, and it is easy to paint your self into a corner. 2D gauges with 3D frames are old news, but it was all I could do at the time. I really would like to have real 3D gauges and a nice set of Collins Efis 84 gauges in there.

The flexibility of the old style vc panels was nice, but not with 3D goggles. The only exception I think, is Milton Shupe's creations. They are so well made.

I mainly use oculus rift to fly these days. It is also a great tool to check ergonomics and dimensions during development.

Rotorhub

Falcon thank you - but - unfortunately no.Yes 2 D is easy ( and done )

But on VC if you want to change ADI-HSI to different Rectangular shape-->you only have cut out of current ( oval ) ADI

And If you i.e. want to use a combined one like EDM1000 then you run in trouble as Rotorhubs VC is 3D so ADI-HSI are higher then the Instrumant board surface and that gauges (and the one on pictures look strange)

Just that is cherry picking and only the red one

Before Rotorhub'S effort we had 2D or weird AI Falcon 20's

Best regards

Roland

one more classic;

Pan Am FAN JET Falcon
    N801F bird !

If anybody is interested, just letting you all know I have uploaded my repaints a few moments ago.
    Hope you like them.
    More to come soon !!!
    Thanks again Arild "RotorHub" for such a lovely model !
    rc

Brian, also uploaded my cockpit textures, nothing special, just the original textures worked,
    in order to make it look darker, and closer to the original, giving that feel that you're "inside"
    These also match my other textures better, like cabin interior and fuselage.
    And theres a big pilots texture too, in good resolution to replace the smaller one.
    All credit goes to the original author(s).
    Also just uploaded a new and final repaint, OPTYL Falcon 20.
    Not sure these repaints will be everybodys taste around here since these are quite "retro" ...
    anyways, I tried my best.
    happy flying gentlemen!
    Rc
    Last edited by manecas; February 1st, 2019 at 18:58.

Thank you so much for the beautiful repaints, Rui! Your repaints add so much to the model.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by IFlySWA View Post
    Thank you so much for the beautiful repaints, Rui! Your repaints add so much to the model.

Brian
    Hopefully more coming Brian. Waiting for the cargo version to be released so I can start my cargo repaints!

Hopefully more coming Brian. Waiting for the cargo version to be released so I can start my cargo repaints!
    That's great news! I hope one of your cargo repaints is this one.
    https://www.airliners.net/photo/Fede...re-20DC/405757

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by IFlySWA View Post
    That's great news! I hope one of your cargo repaints is this one.
    https://www.airliners.net/photo/Fede...re-20DC/405757

Brian
    Ok, Brian, will keep "Donna" in mind!

I wasnt happy with that big PAN AM logo in the tail, so have been tweaking it tonight...the result is acceptable
    just letting you gentlemen know that I've uploaded the second PAN AM falcon, N70PA !
    enjoy !

Blog Entries
    I wasnt happy with that big PAN AM logo in the tail, so have been tweaking it tonight...the result is acceptable
    just letting you gentlemen know that I've uploaded the second PAN AM falcon, N70PA !
    enjoy !
    Riu, your work on the Falcon 20 has been nothing short of amazing. It’s as if you knew exactly which schemes I had hoped for - PAA, NASA, and HB-VDS.

Thanks to you, Rotor, and Ti for a fantastic project.

DL

Hi there, happy to know that. More coming soon, just finishing Alan Mann Aviation Falcon with the golden yellow and black stripes, G-BCYF.
    then its JAL, and a few more US liveries.
    Ill do that NASA repaint you have kindly asked me to, just let me know what registration you'd like the model to have ?
    Later,
    Rui

Alan Mann Aviation Falcon 20 G-BCYF finished, and just uploaded ! !

That paint scheme makes the Falcon look fast even when it's standing still. Beautiful work as always, Rui!

Brian

Members who have read this thread: 0