Still the Falcon 20.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Still the Falcon 20....

Yes, I am working on this bird. I have reduced the shine and bad reflexions on models, put crew members on it and created new models...

I am nearly finished, will upload new models soon.

Thomas

Hi Thomas, didn’t know this was a w-i-p release and that you were working on it - that’s great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Portia911 View Post
    Is it possible to add a pilot figure (to show in external views) to this otherwise excellent add-on? I find it disconcerting that no one is flying it.
    Happy New Year!
    I asked the same question of the original designer who was supposedly working on several small updates as well as the incorporation of pilot figures. Then he just quit posting and hasn't been heard of, at least I haven't seen any posts from him since about two weeks after he released the Falcon20. Thomas is doing a nice job with several variants, but I'm not interested in those, only the base model. I'll continue to fly it as is but it would have been nice to get the crew into the cockpit.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I will upload my work this weekend. Including the base model with crew. And Rotorhub is still around. See FSX forum.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    I will upload my work this weekend. Including the base model with crew. And Rotorhub is still around. See FSX forum.
    Thomas
    I guess you meant the P3D Forums. I no longer have P3D installed so I don't frequent that Forum. I look forward to your Base model with Crew. Thanks.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

All nine modified models are now available. You can use my added textures for other Falcon projects without asking for permission.

Have fun!

Thomas

Fantastic work Thomas. Very much appreciated.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

SOH-CM-2023
    The pilots in the model.crew appear un-textured. I copied the crew texture from the USCG folders but still no joy....
    You can't take the sky from me...

Hmm. If you use my models, for the crew there are cabin1_C.dds, cabin2_C.dds and cabin3_C.dds around. You have to copy them into your right texture folder. Did you change aircraft.cfg?

Thomas

Hello,

Thanks to TiAr for its latest improvements!

A question about engines!
    The idle is at 34%!
    Putting the throttles forward, the speed rises quickly to 78%, in 10seconds, then the speed increase slowed down and put 40 to 45 seconds to go from 78 to 99%! This second part does not seem realistic: in real life, the time taken to go from 75/78% to 100% is much faster (-10sec!) How can we modify and improve this?
    Thank you

Alain

-

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Hmm. If you use my models, for the crew there are cabin1_C.dds, cabin2_C.dds and cabin3_C.dds around. You have to copy them into your right texture folder. Did you change aircraft.cfg?

Thomas

That did the trick. Thank You!
    You can't take the sky from me...

Rotorhub is working on updates. He sent me all the new files to modify the HU-25 Guardian again. Now with Garrett ATF3-6 engines and other stuff I made. Work is going on.

Thomas

Amazing modelling work, model is becoming better by every new post! congratulations and thank you for you guys efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by manecas View Post
    Amazing modelling work, model is becoming better by every new post! congratulations and thank you for you guys efforts!
    Hear, hear!

Manecas, may I ask did you end up releasing the repaints you showed in this thread last year anywhere? Only I could not find them here (SoH) when I looked (?)

More Falcon 20

It is very nice to see so many beatiful paints and model variations, from you all. I have made some updates to the engines, as TiAr has implemented. He will do the HU-25. I am working on a G version (maritme patrol and surveillance) and an approximation of the 200.

I have also upload new models with pilots in the library. The pilots are Bjoern's guys, volunteering to fly Falcons.

If anyone is interested in the GMAX source files, or to improve the plane in any way, I am happy to share. As long as it is freeware. Send me a PM if you are interested. My gmax is very unstable, especially when working with visibility tags (crashes a lot). So post processing in MCX was necessary, especially the VC. But all the parts are animated and textured.

The airfile is made with Airwrench, working with real numbers all the way. The gear setup is calculated and synchronized with the 3d model. But my insight into the inner workings of the FS engine are still limited. But anyone can do the changes they feel is needed, and publish if they have some good results. I have never experienced any problems keeping the Falcon 20 on the centerline. Not with keyboard, expensive yokes, or a regular twist joystick?

The Falcon 20 seems to be of general interest, and I can't really belive that the commercial developers missed out on it. But hey, now we have three Falcon 50s. Erick Cantu has a really nice exterior model of the Falcon 20 stuffed away somewhere. I would really like to see it flying.

So much community engagement as seen here, should be able to produce som great stuff in the future. Perhaps if someone sparks a good idea... the freeware community might get its Renaissance.

Rotorhub

Work in progress
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Falcon 20G.jpg  

It is an amazing little model, even though a low poly one. I can only imagine if some areas would have been created with more rounded areas, smoother areas, etc.
    now, with updated engines the possibilities are even greater!
    Unlike the recently released Falcon(s) 50, both payware, at least this one has the correct nose of a Dassault bird.
    My textures, well, when compared to the amazing repaints seen here, they arent that good.
    but still here in my hard drive, as I was expecting to paint a few more, so lets see. For those interested, pm me your email adress and I will hapilly share them. Not sure they work that well with the updated Falcon, havent tried it yet.
    Regards,
    rc

And...in order to celebrate Bjoerns great Pilot models, heres an updated texture, attached to this post;
    showing them in a more business Aviation look and with Aviators sun glasses too
    what do you flying gentlemen think!?!
    Rui "Manecas" Cristina

[QUOTE=rotorhub;1172206].......

So much community engagement as seen here, should be able to produce som great stuff in the future. Perhaps if someone sparks a good idea... the freeware community might get its Renaissance.
    Rotorhub

Well, Im not a model designer, sadly, but I like texturing them
    If you ever need/want drawings, specifics, data, whatever regarding the Falcon 2000S, let me know.

have some more Dassault Documents here...
    Would love one properly shaped Falcon 2000S for FSX !
    pleaaase!?!
    Thank you again.
    rc

Just noticed something....any chance for this to be fixed?
    i dont recall seeing it on the previous model without pilots.
    here it is, a black window pillar, as if the texture werent allowed to show
    in this part of the model....is it an easy fix, I wonder?
    just curious,
    thank you again, and sorry if I sound so nitpicking...

Hi Manecas,

You are very thorough, I can appreciate that. It is only time, that is scarse I will check the model, but it appears to be only visible in the "business jet model". Perhaps some double window posts.
    As soon as I have finished the G version, I will try to fix it.

I agree that the Falcon 2000 is a great project. I have the Falcon 2000 training manual, and there are many details in it :-)
    I would love to do a better job on another Falcon at some stage. And also to get some input from a texture artist during the process.

But as I experienced with the Falcon 20, much of the work is under the hood.
    Avionics on this one this one, is a challenge. But if we could get people like Mario Noriega to help out with the system programming, it would help. He is great.

My gauge programming skills, not so much yet.

Best regards
    Rotorhub

Just noticed something....any chance for this to be fixed?
    i dont recall seeing it on the previous model without pilots.
    here it is, a black window pillar, as if the texture werent allowed to show
    in this part of the model....is it an easy fix, I wonder?
    just curious,
    thank you again, and sorry if I sound so nitpicking...

Dear Rotorhub

What a stunning product.And fly as well in P3DV4.4 as well

( that says somebody which can compare to the Wilco/Carenado/Flysim/Lavigne+friends Falcons)

Really great

1 wish though ( I am not in GMAX unfortunately )

Could we get 1 VC with a flat ADI/HSI area to be able to ""Modernize" that part a bit ?

to one of the attached pictures

even, it easier I would take a total flat area in front of pilot and co pilot where VC gauges sit on top of panel.bmp it that is easier

Thank you for at least considering

Roland

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1397299.jpg   Falcon-20-Cockpit.jpg  

Thank you. I appreciate the reply.

Here she is, finally, the Pan Am Falcon !
    I've only slightly enhanced the authors main textures,
    it comes with a full Pan Am cabin, like seen in a brochure from those days, just check it out,
    and of course the new pilots too ( check a few posts before for the pilots textures !)
    You may notice a slight misalignemnt at the tail logo, but trust me,
    its a tricky area, and I tried my best !
    I will finish the other repaints later.
    Enjoy !
    RC

I has always been weak for the PanAm brand. It has a nostalgic flair to it.
    Thak you for the nice paints you make, downloading right now!

And sorry for the mapping. I will do it better next time
    Rotorhub

Here she is, finally, the Pan Am Falcon !
    I've only slightly enhanced the authors main textures,
    it comes with a full Pan Am cabin, like seen in a brochure from those days, just check it out,
    and of course the new pilots too ( check a few posts before for the pilots textures !)
    You may notice a slight misalignemnt at the tail logo, but trust me,
    its a tricky area, and I tried my best !
    I will finish the other repaints later.
    Enjoy !
    RC

Members who have read this thread: 0