Can Photobucket get any more irritating?

Thread: Can Photobucket get any more irritating?

Can Photobucket get any more irritating?

Good grief, now they have a "New and Improved" Photobucket apparently. If you remember your password that is. I've been using my Facebook login because it remembers that password and logs me in automatically. However for this one it wants the original "Photobucket Password" no other will do as I've tried that. So I opt to change the password, click to go to the necessary page and it loads and is immediately covered over by their stupid announcement that "You're just a few steps away", yea I would be if you didn't have your stupid sign blocking the page. Ugghhh. If they don't answer my request like in the next hour I'm moving to another service. Right when I'm about to post some scenery update shots. . . .P____ me off!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I quit P-bucket when they became a pay-to-play site.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

So did I. I’m quite happy now with Imgur.

Imgur is the friendliest one I have ever found.
    -JB

It's a criminal behaviour to "steal" millions of users pics by blocking them immediately overnight. Lots of threats and sites become almost useless. This is hijacking and blackmail.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    Imgur is the friendliest one I have ever found.
    I looked at that one, but all I want is a way to upload my screenshots to the Outhouse. I tried FlickR, but that one doesn't allow me to share in the same way that photobucket did. It will only give me a link to the image which only translates to another link in the thread. . .no image. Every site I've looked at so far is a maze of Social Media crap that I'm not interested in. I don't need to see everyone else's baby pictures or a couples first kiss or an amazing sunrise over the Oil Derick's in the Gulf. I just need a place to keep my screenshots so I can get an image link that will display an image in the Forum. I'll keep looking. Thanks

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    It's a criminal behaviour to "steal" millions of users pics by blocking them immediately overnight. Lots of threats and sites become almost useless. This is hijacking and blackmail.
    Whoa, easy there nightrider, lol. They haven't hijacked anything, If I had written down the password I used 6 years ago when I started using Photobucket I wouldn't be having any problems now. In turn, if they didn't have a misplaced pop-up cover up the option to reset my password I wouldn't be here either, so there's no hijacking, no blackmail, just a poorly (in my opinion) laid out website.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I looked at that one, but all I want is a way to upload my screenshots to the Outhouse. I tried FlickR, but that one doesn't allow me to share in the same way that photobucket did. It will only give me a link to the image which only translates to another link in the thread. . .no image. Every site I've looked at so far is a maze of Social Media crap that I'm not interested in. I don't need to see everyone else's baby pictures or a couples first kiss or an amazing sunrise over the Oil Derick's in the Gulf. I just need a place to keep my screenshots so I can get an image link that will display an image in the Forum. I'll keep looking. Thanks
    Well Imgur does exactly what you want. Drag and drop the pic or pics to upload, then from the “get share links” drop down select the forum link syntax to paste on your post and you’re done.

I don't get the "share links" option though. Mute point now though as Photobucket has been corrected.

Current System Specs:

Falcon, please don't misunderstand me (that's the risk of a german Kraut trying to write English ) I won't be the internet's Avenger lol....

No, what I meant was all the former used screenshots and photos (many on airliners.net) which seem all to be gone now because PB blocked them overnight. Wouldn't it be entirely sufficient to make it to a payware site from a special date on but leave all previously uploaded pics online?

If there are any news I missed about it that they brought back those pics please let me know and shame on me in that case. I left that site long ago...

(P.S. Nightrider, that's cool )
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Falcon, please don't misunderstand me (that's the risk of a german Kraut trying to write English ) I won't be the internet's Avenger lol....

No, what I meant was all the former used screenshots and photos (many on airliners.net) which seem all to be gone now because PB blocked them overnight. Wouldn't it be entirely sufficient to make it to a payware site from a special date on but leave all previously uploaded pics online?

If there are any news I missed about it that they brought back those pics please let me know and shame on me in that case.

(P.S. Nightrider, that's cool )
    Interesting about folks leaving because it went to a charge for use site. When I first registered there it was free, but you had to contend with constant pop-ups and advertising so I eventually went to a monthly charge of like $5 or something like that but I honestly didn't use it enough (like every single day with loads of photo uploads) so eventually I dropped the charge and went back to the free side. That's been a long time ago now and I continue to use the site for no charge. I probably have a limit on what I can upload, but since I don't do much in the way of screenshots, I guess I've never reached my limit or even gotten close. So either I've flown under the radar and they haven't figured out that I'm not paying, or there is the ability to use the site free of charge if you maintain a limit.

Current System Specs:

I saw some screenshots on another forum the other day and they had massive photobucket watermarks over them. I would not be using that site when there are many good and free alternatives.

I have been using Imgur since the problems with the OzX servers (and picture hosting site) and I really like it. It is really easy to use with some handy time saving functions. I also like browsing the posts occasionally, as there is some funny and fascinating stuff. Hilarious cat and dog videos
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I went over to abload.de some months ago. Easy to use and free but asking for donation. For clarification again: I am willingly to pay for things that are worth it, but I definitely excoriate practices that first offer hosting for free, but after a while taking money for (your) pics or they are lost. That's not a fair practice to my opinion.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Photobucket now applies a giant watermark onto the images they host, which kills the image's quality. I went to Imgur and I'm still fuming over P-bucket's destruction of links to millions of images that were on websites before they went to a pay-to-play system.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I can only repeat what I just posted above, I don't pay and I don't have watermarks either. Here's a link to a thread on the FSX forum. Take a look at the last three images I posted. . .those were posted 3 days ago and I don't see any watermarks on any of them.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...35#post1162235

Current System Specs:

Don't know how that happened, but perhaps you should buy a lottery ticket.

Members who have read this thread: 0