A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Warbird repaints

Description: This folder contains a second repaint for the A2A WoP3 P-51D Mustang, in the colors of P-51D 44-14534 IV-B "Princess Pat". The original Princess Pat was a P-51C (42-103339) flown by Lt. Edward J. Thorne with the 369th FS/359th FG out of East Wretham. This aircraft was lost 4 NOV 44 to enemy AAA. Lt. Thorne survived and became a POW. This paint imagines he was able to limp back across the lines in his damaged craft and return to duty. 44-14534 did fly with the 369th FS as IV-B, but no assigned pilot is known.

Lt. Thorne was unusual in that he flew from March until November 1944 but never took credit for his victories (by his count, 4-6 in the air and 1 or 2 on the ground), in fact he refused to arm his gun camera. "I do it because it's my job" he said, "...but I don't want credit for it." He is credited with the first reported sighting of an Me-163 Komet rocket plane.

Repaint by Jan Kees Blom, based on the A2A paint kit.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit A2A North American P-51D 359th FG IV-B "Princess Pat".zip
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.