Alternative textures for SDB CVN-65 Enterprise

Thread: Alternative textures for SDB CVN-65 Enterprise

Blog Entries

Alternative textures for SDB CVN-65 Enterprise

Hi all,

A long time ago, a repaint pack of Javier's CVN-68 was released that in essence gave two carrier wings and a CVN-69 texture set for a CVN-69/USS Eisenhower. For reference, here's the discussion: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2308.0

I thought that was a great way to add more options to in turn allow for more realism by flying aircraft that "match" those from the same air wing as those on the carrier.

Was such a thing ever done for the SDB Enterprise? Am flying the Aerosoft A/B model Tomcat and was curious if there was other air wings painted for that model. Not requesting it, just wondering.

Thanks,

dl

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hi all,

A long time ago, a repaint pack of Javier's CVN-68 was released that in essence gave two carrier wings and a CVN-69 texture set for a CVN-69/USS Eisenhower. For reference, here's the discussion: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2308.0

I thought that was a great way to add more options to in turn allow for more realism by flying aircraft that "match" those from the same air wing as those on the carrier.

Was such a thing ever done for the SDB Enterprise? Am flying the Aerosoft A/B model Tomcat and was curious if there was other air wings painted for that model. Not requesting it, just wondering.

Thanks,

dl
    Regarding the Enterprise, not that I'm aware of. With the baked on shadows it's pretty complicated to make new textures. From my experience anyway.

I've seen Javier's Nimitz and the Eisenhower textures as a single package. I thought they were both by Javier but maybe not?
    The original AI Carriers package by Lamont included textures for Javier's Nimitz to provide the balance of the Nimitz class carrier deck numbers. No new aircraft textures though.

Someone did do some alternate textures of a different cruise for the Kitty Hawk that comes in the Aerosoft F-14X package. But I don't know if they were made available.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Regarding the Enterprise, not that I'm aware of. With the baked on shadows it's pretty complicated to make new textures. From my experience anyway.

I've seen Javier's Nimitz and the Eisenhower textures as a single package. I thought they were both by Javier but maybe not?
    The original AI Carriers package by Lamont included textures for Javier's Nimitz to provide the balance of the Nimitz class carrier deck numbers. No new aircraft textures though.

Someone did do some alternate textures of a different cruise for the Kitty Hawk that comes in the Aerosoft F-14X package. But I don't know if they were made available.

Thanks Frank,

I've been a bit out of touch with sim developments the last couple of years, so I didn't know about the Aerosoft CVN-63 textures. I'll have to go hunting to see if I can find those.

cheers,

dl

Members who have read this thread: 0