Has Anyone Seen Me?...my name is N3N - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Seen Me?...my name is N3N

The N3N will happen, when it happens and I for one am looking forward to it. This thread is just a little banter between those involved in delivering this beauty to us and there is no intention to close it.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I resent the idea that someone thinks this thread is 'kinda' dumb when Bjoern and I have made every effort to ensure its dumbness..Bjoern especially
    Also - it's a bit rude to tell the artist creating his work of art that he is wasting his time BEFORE he has finished his work..A bit like telling Rembrandt "not another PORTRAIT!? - others have painted a ton of those already!!" (you're welcome, Jan)
    Whatever it is that I have said here today, let it be known that I have every Stearman model ever created for MSFS in my hangar (I LOVE them ALL) yet I still CAN'T SLEEP at night knowing there is an as yet undelivered N3N being crafted.
    and whatever else you all have to say about it, please do not disparage the lady's 'undercarriage' that way again or I shall take umbrage.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

No umbrage necessary... We give the N3N guys the same crap in real life, and get the same in return. All in good fun.

I've seen that same crew with the N3N and the the shirts that say "It's not a Stearman' at our Gillespie airshow..Nice guys - lots of patience, but they need to sell those shirts. I always ask
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I resent the idea that someone thinks this thread is 'kinda' dumb when Bjoern and I have made every effort to ensure its dumbness..Bjoern especially
    Also - it's a bit rude to tell the artist creating his work of art that he is wasting his time BEFORE he has finished his work..A bit like telling Rembrandt "not another PORTRAIT!? - others have painted a ton of those already!!" (you're welcome, Jan)
    Whatever it is that I have said here today, let it be known that I have every Stearman model ever created for MSFS in my hangar (I LOVE them ALL) yet I still CAN'T SLEEP at night knowing there is an as yet undelivered N3N being crafted.
    and whatever else you all have to say about it, please do not disparage the lady's 'undercarriage' that way again or I shall take umbrage.

Hey! As one of "those Gits" who frequent the Prepar3D Forum (v4 to add insult to injury) I resemble that remark!

ISN'T THAT A STEARMAN?

C

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

yep...beautiful and nothing like a Stearman..at all..
    enter..the Sandman

Single seater N3N... solo flying yea!

Solo seat Stearman 450... my kinda flying! So a N3N would be welcome in the flight sim world.

Last edited by TuFun; November 17th, 2018 at 20:49.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Blog Entries
    I have offered my assistance once again towards this project and awaiting Jan's response. And since the holidays are around the corner, aiming for early next year as mentioned by Jan. Stay tuned....

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

can we all just pause for one moment to reflect on THIS beauty...

it's NOT a Stearman..but it is a DUSTER !
    enter..the Sandman

Beautiful Aircraft Too

As a proud part of the GAS Stearman team, I can still love the N3N and don't feel that that is disloyalty at all. There is always room for another beautiful biplane. Look how excited all the AVRO Tutor folks in another thread were when that was released.

Or like saying: if I have a Wildcat what do I want a Hellcat for or don't tell me it's another Cessna??? Come on let's cheer them on not beat them down.

My 2cents for what its worth. like Siskal and Ebert used to say for those ol' timers who remember them like me.

it's just a passion for aviation, especially of this era..has nothing to do with loyalty or disloyalty to anyone.
    enter..the Sandman

No promises but the team is in discussions. Compared to the Stearman it does look like the fugly step child that a committee would build but it is important to aviation history and that's what GAS is about so..............

OMG.... It's GORGEOUS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spad54 View Post
    No promises but the team is in discussions. Compared to the Stearman it does look like the fugly step child that a committee would build but it is important to aviation history and that's what GAS is about so..............
    Well now I have this big ol’ grin on my face..
    And even if you all decide against it, the consideration is most appreciated.
    Having been part of the GAS beta team for a little while now I know with utmost confidence you would do this important airplane and the Navy Works proud..not to mention the aviators who have flown them.
    enter..the Sandman

check these out..https://notastearman.wordpress.com/h.../agricultural/

the Home Page of Not a Stearman Blog...https://notastearman.wordpress.com/

so many great pictures, vids and drawings
    enter..the Sandman

One thing for Paul and GAS to consider : Javis has been working on his N3N for FSX for some time (with an assist from Eurostar) and you can see a WIP of their project in my opening post for this thread.
    You all might want to touch base together as part of your consideration.
    enter..the Sandman

Heywoood, sorry to say that the N3N (together with the current C-47/DC-3 operations) has been put in a corner of the hangar because something else came along that demanded the construction area. You'll have to therefore wait a little longer for this fugly little stepchild of the PT-17. Good thing is that the Stearman makes the wait a whole lot easier, doesn't it. (not to say Nigel's amazing masterpiece)

Don't worry, the N3N will fly eventually, just have to get this lump outta my throat first (Globus pharyngeus or Globus sensation). FS aircraft devs sometimes have that. You can imagine that for the health of the dev in question it is absolutely imperative that something needs to be done about it quickly.

Be cool.

Sorry to hear Jan. Get well soon!

Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Heywoood, sorry to say that the N3N (together with the current C-47/DC-3 operations) has been put in a corner of the hangar because something else came along that demanded the construction area. You'll have to therefore wait a little longer for this fugly little stepchild of the PT-17. Good thing is that the Stearman makes the wait a whole lot easier, doesn't it. (not to say Nigel's amazing masterpiece)

Don't worry, the N3N will fly eventually, just have to get this lump outta my throat first (Globus pharyngeus or Globus sensation). FS aircraft devs sometimes have that. You can imagine that for the health of the dev in question it is absolutely imperative that something needs to be done about it quickly.

Be cool.
    Good to know, look forward to the project completion. On to the next thing

Health and wellness is always the most important concern. I hope you will have both Jan as soon as possible. Sorry to learn of this recent challenge.

the Stearman collections from GAS are certainly providing the bulk of my flying time enjoyment these days! Along with Nigel’s Tudor and Miltons Lockheed..
    enter..the Sandman

Sorry Huub, Heywoood, it's a misunderstanding. Nothing wrong with my health, i was merely referring to the proverbial 'brok in de keel' (lump in throat) that can sometimes happen during a more or less very emotional experience like a wedding, funeral, movie or, particularly lately, watching 'the news' ... And, not to forget, music... I'm sorry that my wording proved not clear enough to transfer that properly.

In other words, it's another FS design project i got emotionally involved with, i.e. very dear to my heart. As a concequence, other stuff will, momentarily, have to wait a while. That's all.

Thanks for your concern and understanding.

that's a relief...that you are well - and not surprising that I am a bit thick lol

do what'cha gotta do brother - all good things come to them that's patient, like me for instance...

and here's Bjoern with a contrasting opinion in three...two...
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Sorry Huub, Heywoood, it's a misunderstanding. Nothing wrong with my health, i was merely referring to the proverbial 'brok in de keel' (lump in throat) that can sometimes happen during a more or less very emotional experience like a wedding, funeral, movie or, particularly lately, watching 'the news' ... And, not to forget, music... I'm sorry that my wording proved not clear enough to transfer that properly.

In other words, it's another FS design project i got emotionally involved with, i.e. very dear to my heart. As a concequence, other stuff will, momentarily, have to wait a while. That's all.

Thanks for your concern and understanding.
    If it's really cool, don't let anyone know about it until it's ready and then drop da bomb! I'm glad you've found something dear to your heart but I for one like a surprise so I will sit and ponder! (I also liked not knowing AH is doing a Sabreliner, but now that I know my pockets have ripped due to the money trying to bust out and pay for something that's probably a ways off yet!)

Well, this certainly is a ways off too of course but personally i've always liked those 'guessing games' that some devs used to present to give away the identity of a new project. Never had that chance myself so why not cast the iron while it's a hot.

So here's a little scribble for you to sink your teeth into. Hopefully it turns out a nice surprise.

Members who have read this thread: 0