Has Anyone Seen Me?...my name is N3N - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Has Anyone Seen Me?...my name is N3N

Well, I guess this will have to do until the N3N arrives. Having fun with bumpty-bumps! A little break from the C-47.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Oh My Gawd! That looks incredible, Ted !

Thought i was looking at the real thing, well done, mate !

Great inspiration to charge the battery of the N3N

Cheers,
    jan

that DOES look very realistic, Ted...

maybe there can be an N3N duster too??

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Would it have flown like that you think ?... (N44973) Would be interesting to model..

Btw, just stumbled over this site, did you know about it, Heywood ?..

https://aerialvisuals.ca/AirframeIndex.php?Designer=Naval%20Aircraft%20Fact ory,FamilySN=1207,VarSN=18035

cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    The Convair is really high on my list of aircraft I would like to see modern versions of so am very excited to see Jan working on it. Nothing against the N3N but we have gotten several very cool biplanes recently and am happy to see something different.
    But the word always was " No!Not another P-51!..." or "No!Not another Spitfire!.." or "No!Not another C172!..". It never was "No! Not another complete range of specific aircraft type!..." was it ?...

With Maam-Sim surely we would've preferred to do the Boeing Kaydet (the MAAM has both the Kaydet and N3N) because of its fame but it was done for FS already a few times including a very nice freeware example ( IIRC Dave Eckhart's.. ) so we grabbed the N3N. I loved to get a chance to model a biplane in the first place. Never done that ( there are still some flightsim devs outthere who model just for the fun of it, model an aeroplane they have a special feeling for. Not because it will sell well.. ;-)

Take a look at this lovely video, maybe you'll get a feeling for "Nellie the Yellow Peril" afterall ( and if not, once it's outthere you don't have to download it, you know ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/pat.thompso...1185460313590/

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    But the word always was " No!Not another P-51!..." or "No!Not another Spitfire!.." or "No!Not another C172!..". It never was "No! Not another complete range of specific aircraft type!..." was it ?...

With Maam-Sim surely we would've preferred to do the Boeing Kaydet (the MAAM has both the Kaydet and N3N) because of its fame but it was done for FS already a few times including a very nice freeware example ( IIRC Dave Eckhart's.. ) so we grabbed the N3N. I loved to get a chance to model a biplane in the first place. Never done that ( there are still some flightsim devs outthere who model just for the fun of it, model an aeroplane they have a special feeling for. Not because it will sell well.. ;-)

Take a look at this lovely video, maybe you'll get a feeling for "Nellie the Yellow Peril" afterall ( and if not, once it's outthere you don't have to download it, you know ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/pat.thompso...1185460313590/

cheers,
    jan
    I just cant fathom anyone in a flight sim community (or any flying or flight fans for that matter) saying something like ‘we have too many biplanes already’...
    I imagine there are too many kinds of bread at the bakery as well? Seems like everyone’s gotten sconed and lost their whey
    enter..the Sandman

Also - thanks for the aviation site link, Jan - I had not seen it before so it’s been bookmarked now!
    enter..the Sandman

Oh My Gawd! That looks incredible, Ted !

Thought i was looking at the real thing, well done, mate !

Great inspiration to charge the battery of the N3N

Cheers,
    jan
    Thanks Jan! How's this...

Closer examinations of that little door on the Stearman so an upgrade was in order. Even put the that little pigtail wire.

Last edited by TuFun; March 25th, 2019 at 22:05.

Last night, while doing some further work on the Convair, i felt the unmistakable presence of uncle Max with his inevitable drawing accessoires. Sure enough i found this in my box later on. It's an impression of the first setup of the Convair VC, i.e. working on it.

Cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Thanks Jan! How's this...

Closer examinations of that little door on the Stearman so an upgrade was in order. Even put the that little pigtail wire.
    I see it ! So that must be 4096x4096 then, Ted ?

Convair previews

Hi Jan,

Your work on the new Convair just looks superb! Thanks for sharing. I'm really looking forward to this whenever you get it done.

Regards,

bill

I see it ! So that must be 4096x4096 then, Ted ?
    Yep! Looking for Stearman examples found this one.

As promised and long overdue (sorry about that) we can now leave this thread to the poor old tweety bird, the Yellow Peril, that Capable Canary if you will, where it belongs. Here then finally a dedicated thread to the ConvairLiner project :

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rLiner-project

See you all there, hehe ;-)

cheers,
    jan

Any news, six months on?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Members who have read this thread: 0