Is there any interest still for the PTO?

Thread: Is there any interest still for the PTO?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Is there any interest still for the PTO?

See there are quite a few hits on the stickies for the PTO uploads. Seems to be a pretty good interest in the expansions so why no new aircraft ? Would love to see some more Japanese aircraft available to make things more interesting. Is there any in the works ? Have some added payware Japanese fighters but some more attack aircraft or bombers would be great. Also hope one day to see the Raiden fighter. Just wishful thinking.... Any news ? Thanks,Scott

Just my two cents, I think PTO has better missions than Rising sun!

Blog Entries
    I meant both PTO expansions. Solomons and Rising Sun. I enjoy both but play Solomons the most.

SOH-CM-2020

PTO Campaign

As someone who enjoys campaigns, I managed to get a simple campaign working for PTO. Plenty of activity along the frontline on the islands of the Solomons. Unfortunately the lack of shipping lane vectors in the Terrain set kills the immersion for me. Ship spawns with groundtype=direct instead of groundtype=shippinglane only work in the Mission mode, not in the campaign mission mode - an annoying CFS3 quirk. Even facilities with shipping activity built in (eg Valetta harbour in MAW) only show the activity of ships in Mission mode, not when the facility is overflown in a campaign mission.

Only static ships in the facility appear when overflown in a campaign mission.

It is possible to get invasion fleet facilities to show up in the campaign, but the ships are stationary.

Agree that the missions available are great!

Back in the day a group of guys from here used to fly the on-line missions and it was a blast. Everyone had head sets and used Team Speak to communicate. Many a night the wife would come down stairs to my office around midnight and burst through the door of my office, scaring the s*&t out of me! It was immersive to say the least.

PTO and Rising Sun

Iv`e put both the Installs in storage after playing all the available missions,until more action is forthcoming they`ll stay there for the time being.
    My main CFS3 is still ETO Expansion and i`ll sometimes gravitate to MAW,this Sim needs more missions to make it a regular.
    All the best fellas,

alcanallen.

Blog Entries
    Even though i find myself playing IL-2 a lot more lately i still enjoy firing up my CFS3 PTO installs and playing some "old" missions. Seems all new again. Don't know if we have any more mission writers anymore but some new ones would be most welcome. Solomons and Rising Sun are great, with their limitations, to keep playing . Now play mainly short QC missions in the PTO and still have fun doing something different with CFS3. Just wish there was more aircraft to choose from.....(old record) .

I still like to start pto RS even for a,few qc's in a different theatre, even though a few addon, re installing to do yet. I have installed pto Solomons,but plan to as I like to keep a copy of every cfs3 version produced running. Mad on cfs3..lol.

Might look at WOFF and WOTR too

is there goig ot be stoppage on these now pay ware out

Blog Entries
    I know this is a older thread but was wondering if there are any Japanese aircraft in the works or being though about for these great expansions ? These expansions are very lacking in this regard .So much so i've started to get back into CFS2 for this very reason. IL-2 '46 has some great stuff also in this area too. Would love to see more work done on the PTO's... Regards,Scott

Blog Entries
    It's a shame that there is no new work being done for the PTO expansions except some P-40's done a while back. These are some really fun expansions. Maybe later on something will be done. Would love to see some more Japanese aircraft and missions for PTO Solomons and PTO Rising Sun. Hopefully these will not be forgotten. CFS3 is almost complete except for the Eastern Front. Maybe one day this will be tackled too.Love what we have and will make do with what has been done already. Still have other sims to play in the Eastern Front and PTO but wish CFS3 had those covered well as it is my favorite sim.CFS2 is nice but the AI sucks as does the scenery.Spoiled with CFS3 and IL-2 ! Regards,Scott

Is there something in particular for PTO that you're looking for? I had mine extensively enhanced before I lost it all last fall when my system self-destructed. I've been trying to put the pieces back together ever since. I'm not sure I even remember everything I had, but I'll share what I can if I have what you're looking for.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    Thank you Major ! Very nice thing you offered. I have everything there is for the PTO expansions but only wish there were more. More Japanese aircraft such as the J2M3 Raiden and more Bombers and interceptors to choose from. Will still have plenty but it is mainly US or British aircraft. Like the AS JAAF fighter package but they fly a little too good. Don't get into a dogfight against one or you'll be sorry! Though i like the variety they aren't totally accurate in flight dynamics. Just wishing i guess, but maybe in the future more will be done with these great expansions. Regards,Scott

I do remember that I never had a Raiden...
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    There are plenty missing not including the payware ones. What we need is more missions for ether one of the expansions. That would get us by till more is done.

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    There are plenty missing not including the payware ones. What we need is more missions for ether one of the expansions. That would get us by till more is done.
    Why don't you just port some missions from PTO RS into PTO, and/or vice-versa? You would need to do a bit of editing, but the waypoints and timing for the formations should be able to be left unchanged.

Blog Entries
    That is a neat idea ! Never thought of that ! Thanks...

Blog Entries
    This all is part of the reason i've gotten back into CFS2. Lots of aircraft,missions,ships,airbases,and more to choose from. Graphics and AI are not as good as CFS3 and IL-2'46 but is still fun to play. Maybe one day the CFS3 PTO expansions will be of interest again. That is my hope. Regards,Scott

There's better be some interest... I have a few India/Burma Lysanders to upload soon. Unfortunately the Burmese side of things is a bit underdeveloped still.

Here's a Mk.IIISD laying a smoke screen.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Blog Entries
    Great news! Outstanding ! Thank you Sir!

Thanks Nigel, answered my above question. Like the screenshot, didn't know they did that.
    Btw, I'm keeping all the expansions even though I'm a bit tardy in getting round them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuttles View Post
    didn't know they did that.
    They don't, yet... New toys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Members who have read this thread: 1