AICarriers.NET will not connect to FSX

Thread: AICarriers.NET will not connect to FSX

AICarriers.NET will not connect to FSX

Hi all,

Another problem with FSX+Acceleration.
    I am helping a friend to install his addons. We downloaded AICarriers.NET and installed it.
    It's declared in the EXE.XML successfully and it is triggered when the sim is started.
    However, it shows the status "not connected", and the "AI Ships" item does not appear in the "addons" menu in sim.

We have downloaded simconnect package from the FSPassengers website (first result in Google), and triggered the install of all three versions (RTM, SP1, and finally XPACK).
    We rebooted the computer after that.
    Still, AICarriers cannot connect to the sim.

Do you guys know if we missed a step, or if there are any prerequisites ?
    AICarriers.NET always worked perfectly in my FSX or P3D v2 to v4, so I'm a bit lost here...

Do you have the correct .NET framework installed?

AICarriers needs V4 (at least).

Dave

I didn't check that yet, thanks for the tip.
    However, would AICarriers launch at all, if the .NET version was incorrect ?

Normally, AIC will connect to FSX pretty easily.
    Having said that, a little trick that may help is to install it (all of AICarriers.NET) into the FSX folder, and adjust the EXE.XML file appropriately.

Speaking of which, it is absolutely vital to ensure that the <path> line in the EXE.XML file is complete and correct. Perfectly correct. It can be a little touchy in that department.
    Also, ensure that the line that reads <Disabled>False</Disabled> does in fact reads FALSE.
    Finally, the line that reads <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad> can be either True OR False, but if it reads True, you will have a little pop-up window when loading FSX asking whether to load AICarriers or not. Every time you load FSX.
    Most important, though, is the <Path> line. Don't let it have anything but the full path. Drive letter on down. Like mine, for example. It reads <Path>D:\TEMP\Flight Sim ADDONS\FSX ADDONS\AI Carriers\AICarriers.exe</Path> Complete and total path. Nothing left out. Including the AICarriers.exe.

And finally, as Dave mentioned, the correct .NET Framework file version. You want the X86 version, too, not the 64 bit version. It matters.

Good luck to you!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Thanks a lot.
    The EXE.xml content is perfectly good, since AICarriers is launched automatically with the sim, so no problems on that side.
    I'll have to look into the .NET installation.

After installing Acceleration (it was not installed yet by mistake), AICarriers started working properly.
    We're still having some problems to launch it automatically through the EXE.xml.
    Until today, AICarriers would launch automatically on sim startup, but it would not connect to the sim.
    Since today, it doesn't launch automatically on sim startup anymore, but if we launch it manually, it connects to the sim successfully...

I'm trying to convince that guy to move its FSX at the bottom of a giant waste bin and buy P3Dv4 instead, but he won't listen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I'm trying to convince that guy to move its FSX at the bottom of a giant waste bin and buy P3Dv4 instead, but he won't listen to me.
    Nice one!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0